[Group] Manners and Rules of Good Society - Or, Solecisms to be Avoided - by a Member of the Aristocracy-mas

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
Post Reply
andyglover
Posts: 64
Joined: October 28th, 2019, 5:41 pm
Contact:

Post by andyglover » November 5th, 2019, 8:15 am

I'd like to claim Chapter 25: "Evening Garden-Parties"

Wanted to check in, just in case my earlier post may have been missed, as am still interested in reading this section. Thanks so much :)
-Andy :)

KevinS
Posts: 4295
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » November 5th, 2019, 8:19 am

andyglover wrote:
November 5th, 2019, 8:15 am
I'd like to claim Chapter 25: "Evening Garden-Parties"

Wanted to check in, just in case my earlier post may have been missed, as am still interested in reading this section. Thanks so much :)
schrm may have overlooked your request. I don't think he will mind if I put the claim in the MW. Please go ahead.
"E agora, José?"

andyglover
Posts: 64
Joined: October 28th, 2019, 5:41 pm
Contact:

Post by andyglover » November 5th, 2019, 8:26 am

KevinS wrote:
November 5th, 2019, 8:19 am
andyglover wrote:
November 5th, 2019, 8:15 am
I'd like to claim Chapter 25: "Evening Garden-Parties"

Wanted to check in, just in case my earlier post may have been missed, as am still interested in reading this section. Thanks so much :)
schrm may have overlooked your request. I don't think he will mind if I put the claim in the MW. Please go ahead.
No worries. Thank you Kevin, I appreciate it.
-Andy :)

schrm
Posts: 1777
Joined: February 10th, 2018, 11:02 am
Location: Austria

Post by schrm » November 5th, 2019, 9:07 am

andyglover wrote:
November 5th, 2019, 8:15 am
I'd like to claim Chapter 25: "Evening Garden-Parties"

Wanted to check in, just in case my earlier post may have been missed, as am still interested in reading this section. Thanks so much :)
my apologizes, andy!
and thank you for your claim!

thank you kevin!

/reader/12275


bc gruppe: sammlung prosa, trotzkopf
duo: rousseau
en: bc manners and rules

sing "The First Nowell" viewtopic.php?f=22&t=75979

andyglover
Posts: 64
Joined: October 28th, 2019, 5:41 pm
Contact:

Post by andyglover » November 5th, 2019, 9:31 am

schrm wrote:
November 5th, 2019, 9:07 am

my apologizes, andy!
and thank you for your claim!

thank you kevin!
No problem, thanks schrm!
-Andy :)

andyglover
Posts: 64
Joined: October 28th, 2019, 5:41 pm
Contact:

Post by andyglover » November 6th, 2019, 1:12 am

-Andy :)

schrm
Posts: 1777
Joined: February 10th, 2018, 11:02 am
Location: Austria

Post by schrm » November 6th, 2019, 7:10 am

andyglover wrote:
November 6th, 2019, 1:12 am
Thanks again, here's chapter 25:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/mannersandrules_25_anon_128kb.mp3 (4:15)
and wooot that was fast again!
i entered the data in the mw, thank you andy!

do you want to claim some more sections?

thank you and
cheers,

/reader/12275


bc gruppe: sammlung prosa, trotzkopf
duo: rousseau
en: bc manners and rules

sing "The First Nowell" viewtopic.php?f=22&t=75979

andyglover
Posts: 64
Joined: October 28th, 2019, 5:41 pm
Contact:

Post by andyglover » November 6th, 2019, 9:08 am

schrm wrote:
November 6th, 2019, 7:10 am

and wooot that was fast again!
i entered the data in the mw, thank you andy!

do you want to claim some more sections?

thank you and
cheers,
Oh how I do! This is such a fun read, but alas, I've got a few claims in other projects on my plate already that I need to complete first.

Thanks schrm! :)
-Andy :)

kimjoys
Posts: 20
Joined: October 24th, 2019, 1:38 am

Post by kimjoys » November 7th, 2019, 1:46 am

Good Sir,

I call again upon our familiarity and offer my services for the reading of chapters: 18 (Wedding Expenses), 43 (Engaged), and 46 (Giving Presents). If the proffered meets with your approval, I will commence the recordings posthaste!

Your devoted servant,
Kim
Cheers,
Kim

schrm
Posts: 1777
Joined: February 10th, 2018, 11:02 am
Location: Austria

Post by schrm » November 7th, 2019, 6:42 am

kimjoys wrote:
November 7th, 2019, 1:46 am
Good Sir,

I call again upon our familiarity and offer my services for the reading of chapters: 18 (Wedding Expenses), 43 (Engaged), and 46 (Giving Presents). If the proffered meets with your approval, I will commence the recordings posthaste!

Your devoted servant,
Kim
:lol: 8-)
i honestly cannot answer on the same levels of politeness, i'm sorry :D

assigned to you are:
10, 18, 43, 46

thank you very much, kim!

cheers,

/reader/12275


bc gruppe: sammlung prosa, trotzkopf
duo: rousseau
en: bc manners and rules

sing "The First Nowell" viewtopic.php?f=22&t=75979

KevinS
Posts: 4295
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » November 7th, 2019, 12:04 pm

Dwarika wrote:
November 1st, 2019, 1:37 am
Hey...
Thanks a lot!! This is one more reason to be associated with librivox... :clap:
I am grateful to you Kevin..it is much better than it was... n still i wonder how did u do that :hmm:
Learning a lot and trying to use in other recordings...
You guys are the best! :thumbs:

Warm regards
Dwarika
Dwarika, I have listened to your full recording now and am so impressed with your reading. I have marked the section as PL OK!

I will still work to filter out some of the hollow sound, but any listener will adjust his or her ear to the reading regardless and enjoy the information you give.

Thank you very much for contributing!
"E agora, José?"

KevinS
Posts: 4295
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » November 8th, 2019, 8:18 pm

Jmbau13 wrote:
October 30th, 2019, 8:42 pm
Here's Chapter 5.
Not sure which was my favourite ... but "Masters of Lunacy" gets it, I think.

:lol:


https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/mannersandrules_05_anon_128kb.mp3 21m 09
Perfect! PL OK!

I hope there will be no quiz.

Incidentally, where did Mrs. Kepple sit?
"E agora, José?"

KevinS
Posts: 4295
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » November 8th, 2019, 8:34 pm

andyglover wrote:
November 6th, 2019, 1:12 am
Thanks again, here's chapter 25:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/mannersandrules_25_anon_128kb.mp3 (4:15)
PL OK! Thank you!
"E agora, José?"

andyglover
Posts: 64
Joined: October 28th, 2019, 5:41 pm
Contact:

Post by andyglover » November 8th, 2019, 11:55 pm

Thanks Kevin!

May I claim section 23, "Garden-Parties"?
-Andy :)

schrm
Posts: 1777
Joined: February 10th, 2018, 11:02 am
Location: Austria

Post by schrm » November 9th, 2019, 3:39 am

andyglover wrote:
November 8th, 2019, 11:55 pm
Thanks Kevin!

May I claim section 23, "Garden-Parties"?
hi andy,
garden parties are yours!
:D

/reader/12275


bc gruppe: sammlung prosa, trotzkopf
duo: rousseau
en: bc manners and rules

sing "The First Nowell" viewtopic.php?f=22&t=75979

Post Reply