[Complete] Passages from the Life of a Philosopher by Charles Babbage - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17307
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » May 11th, 2019, 10:35 am

Availle wrote:
May 10th, 2019, 8:57 pm
Sorry, I forgot to cut out the little abstract at the beginning... I did that now and reuploaded, the new file is 9:25.
:thumbs:
I will be offline most of the time October 22-29 while we move house. I may get to check in occasionally but any emergencies, please contact another admin.


Help us finish:

Jeanne d'Arc by Mrs. Oliphant 7 sections remaining

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17307
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » May 13th, 2019, 10:47 am

Section 11 Of the Mechanical Notation PL OK
I will be offline most of the time October 22-29 while we move house. I may get to check in occasionally but any emergencies, please contact another admin.


Help us finish:

Jeanne d'Arc by Mrs. Oliphant 7 sections remaining

afutterer
Posts: 3757
Joined: February 23rd, 2016, 3:04 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Post by afutterer » May 16th, 2019, 8:27 am

PL NOTES:

SECTION 15

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus

TwoRavens
Posts: 88
Joined: February 20th, 2019, 4:01 pm

Post by TwoRavens » May 19th, 2019, 5:57 pm

Here is Section 28 ready for PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/lifeofaphilosopher_28_babbage_128kb.mp3 42:53

A couple of notes:
There is a short chart near the beginning of the section which I introduced with something like "A listing of musicians and their
instruments here follows" (Hard to believe that I can't recall exactly what I said, all of a sudden!) - hope this is okay.
Also, there is a footnote on p. 285 which really just seems to follow on from the paragraph where it occurs, so that's how I read it.
Again, hope that's okay.

Cheers, Stephen

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17307
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » May 20th, 2019, 12:17 pm

TwoRavens wrote:
May 19th, 2019, 5:57 pm
Here is Section 28 ready for PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/lifeofaphilosopher_28_babbage_128kb.mp3 42:53

A couple of notes:
There is a short chart near the beginning of the section which I introduced with something like "A listing of musicians and their
instruments here follows" (Hard to believe that I can't recall exactly what I said, all of a sudden!) - hope this is okay.
Also, there is a footnote on p. 285 which really just seems to follow on from the paragraph where it occurs, so that's how I read it.
Again, hope that's okay.

Cheers, Stephen
Thank you
I will be offline most of the time October 22-29 while we move house. I may get to check in occasionally but any emergencies, please contact another admin.


Help us finish:

Jeanne d'Arc by Mrs. Oliphant 7 sections remaining

ellies
Posts: 639
Joined: April 13th, 2018, 11:12 pm
Location: UK

Post by ellies » May 22nd, 2019, 8:32 am

"The pure joy of reading and sharing with others, must never be taken for granted"- Ellies
Happy to claim orphaned sections.

UNWELL, BUT BACK SOON

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17307
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » May 22nd, 2019, 9:42 am

ellies wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 8:32 am
Hi, section 8 is ready for PL

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/lifeofaphilosopher_08_babbage_128kb.mp3 28:33


ellies
Thank you
I will be offline most of the time October 22-29 while we move house. I may get to check in occasionally but any emergencies, please contact another admin.


Help us finish:

Jeanne d'Arc by Mrs. Oliphant 7 sections remaining

noisydaddy
Posts: 16
Joined: December 29th, 2018, 2:18 pm

Post by noisydaddy » May 24th, 2019, 8:32 pm


Horner94
Posts: 673
Joined: July 10th, 2018, 9:11 am
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Post by Horner94 » May 24th, 2019, 9:58 pm

May I claim section 25 & 26?
Kind regards,
Chad

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17307
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » May 25th, 2019, 10:18 am

noisydaddy wrote:
May 24th, 2019, 8:32 pm
Section 24 is uploaded

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/lifeofaphilosopher_24_babbage_128kb.mp3

Hope you like it!

rwg
Thank you. How long is it please?
I will be offline most of the time October 22-29 while we move house. I may get to check in occasionally but any emergencies, please contact another admin.


Help us finish:

Jeanne d'Arc by Mrs. Oliphant 7 sections remaining

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17307
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » May 25th, 2019, 10:19 am

Horner94 wrote:
May 24th, 2019, 9:58 pm
May I claim section 25 & 26?
Kind regards,
Chad
Enjoy!
I will be offline most of the time October 22-29 while we move house. I may get to check in occasionally but any emergencies, please contact another admin.


Help us finish:

Jeanne d'Arc by Mrs. Oliphant 7 sections remaining

Horner94
Posts: 673
Joined: July 10th, 2018, 9:11 am
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Post by Horner94 » May 25th, 2019, 3:46 pm

Lynnet wrote:
May 25th, 2019, 10:19 am
Horner94 wrote:
May 24th, 2019, 9:58 pm
May I claim section 25 & 26?
Kind regards,
Chad
Enjoy!
Great!
Please review audio recording for section 25: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/lifeofaphilosopher_25_babbage_128kb.mp3
Time: 10m, 43.5s
I have a question: What does the "2,000l." mean in the sentence: "When the inhabitants of Manchester had subscribed 2,000 l. for a statue of Dalton..."?
I look forward to hearing back from you.
Many thanks,
Chad

noisydaddy
Posts: 16
Joined: December 29th, 2018, 2:18 pm

Post by noisydaddy » May 25th, 2019, 4:04 pm

Lynnet wrote:
May 25th, 2019, 10:18 am
noisydaddy wrote:
May 24th, 2019, 8:32 pm
Section 24 is uploaded

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/lifeofaphilosopher_24_babbage_128kb.mp3

Hope you like it!

rwg
Thank you. How long is it please?
31:51

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17307
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » May 26th, 2019, 9:23 am

Horner94 wrote:
May 25th, 2019, 3:46 pm
Lynnet wrote:
May 25th, 2019, 10:19 am
Horner94 wrote:
May 24th, 2019, 9:58 pm
May I claim section 25 & 26?
Kind regards,
Chad
Enjoy!
Great!
Please review audio recording for section 25: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/lifeofaphilosopher_25_babbage_128kb.mp3
Time: 10m, 43.5s
I have a question: What does the "2,000l." mean in the sentence: "When the inhabitants of Manchester had subscribed 2,000 l. for a statue of Dalton..."?
I look forward to hearing back from you.
Many thanks,
Chad
Thank you.

That would be 2,000 pounds (the old-fashioned way of writing it... you often come across it written that way in older texts 8-) )
I will be offline most of the time October 22-29 while we move house. I may get to check in occasionally but any emergencies, please contact another admin.


Help us finish:

Jeanne d'Arc by Mrs. Oliphant 7 sections remaining

Horner94
Posts: 673
Joined: July 10th, 2018, 9:11 am
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Post by Horner94 » May 26th, 2019, 9:42 am

Lynnet wrote:
May 26th, 2019, 9:23 am
Horner94 wrote:
May 25th, 2019, 3:46 pm
Lynnet wrote:
May 25th, 2019, 10:19 am


Enjoy!
Great!
Please review audio recording for section 25: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/lifeofaphilosopher_25_babbage_128kb.mp3
Time: 10m, 43.5s
I have a question: What does the "2,000l." mean in the sentence: "When the inhabitants of Manchester had subscribed 2,000 l. for a statue of Dalton..."?
I look forward to hearing back from you.
Many thanks,
Chad
Thank you.

That would be 2,000 pounds (the old-fashioned way of writing it... you often come across it written that way in older texts 8-) )
I have amended the recording, which can be accessed by clicking the link below:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/lifeofaphilosopher_25_babbage_128kb.mp3 Time: 10:46

Kind regards,
Chad

Post Reply