[RELIG HIST] Journal of Francis Asbury, Vol. I - tg

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
Post Reply
mightyfelix
Posts: 3385
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » February 14th, 2019, 10:10 pm

Ok, Greg, I've had a listen to section 49. Thanks so much. This is not light reading, and the sections are somewhat long for a new reader, but you did very well with it! I do have a list of corrections that need to be made. The easiest way to tackle this is to start at the end and work your way forward. That way, the time stamps do not change, and each problem area will be easier to find.

3:12 "bring them home, with them, to thyself." I hear "myself." (This is a prayer to God, so "thyself" here is God.)
9:58 "by Mr. Wesley's appointment." I hear "Dr. Wesley." (He's referring to John Wesley here, who definitely was never a "Dr." :wink:)
10:37 "Ephesians v, 6." I hear "Ephesians, verse 6." (This v is actually the Roman numeral 5. Today, we'd write this as Ephesians 5:6.)
10:47 "Rode to Bohemia." I hear "Rode to Bonham."
11:14 "I preached in the evening to a solemn people." I hear "sermon people."
12:31 Missing sentence here. "...danger in the way. My soul waits upon God. O that He may lead us..." Bolded sentence was skipped somehow.
13:07 "Saturday, December 4." I hear "Saturday the 24th."
13:25 "Sunday, 12" I hear "Saturday."
21:46 "although he could afford but one bed for three." I hear "for thee."
23:47 "The weather has been cold and uncomfortable." I hear "cold and unfortunately."

It's also best to re-record an entire phrase or sentence to replace the one that is messed up, rather than just recording one word and trying to paste in that one word. That very rarely gives a good result. :)

Remember to post the new run time along with the corrected file.

gtlldavis
Posts: 15
Joined: December 28th, 2018, 10:40 pm
Location: Orangevale, CA

Post by gtlldavis » February 16th, 2019, 8:00 am

OK, I'll work on it.
Thanks

gtlldavis
Posts: 15
Joined: December 28th, 2018, 10:40 pm
Location: Orangevale, CA

Post by gtlldavis » February 16th, 2019, 8:35 am

Oh by the way, on page 484 it's printed Mr Wesley's.
What now?

mightyfelix
Posts: 3385
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » February 16th, 2019, 12:45 pm

gtlldavis wrote:
February 16th, 2019, 8:35 am
Oh by the way, on page 484 it's printed Mr Wesley's.
What now?
That is correct, it does say Mr. Wesley. During my PL of your file, I heard "Dr. Wesley." It should be Mr.

gtlldavis
Posts: 15
Joined: December 28th, 2018, 10:40 pm
Location: Orangevale, CA

Post by gtlldavis » February 16th, 2019, 1:52 pm

Got ya, I'm so confused 8-)

mightyfelix
Posts: 3385
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » February 16th, 2019, 4:04 pm

I hope it's not that my notes were unclear. I tried to follow the format of first typing out what it should have said, then typing what I heard that was different. Please do ask if you have other questions. It's what I'm here for. :)

cwhat64071
Posts: 14
Joined: January 3rd, 2019, 6:04 pm

Post by cwhat64071 » February 17th, 2019, 1:56 pm

Good Afternoon,

I would like to take the opportunity to read the below sections of this project:

18 April 22-July 21, 1776 Pp. 180-191. End with, "a good time in our prayer-meeting."
19 July 22-October 28, 1776 Pp. 191-201. End with, "my own soul also partook of the blessing."
20 October 29-December 19, 1776 Pp. 201-208. End with, "An extract of the narrative is here subjoined."

I am a rookie reader, but I have read through the above sections and find them captivating. Please list me as C. Whatley. I am expecting to record my section next weekend. Thanks for your consideration.

Chris

mightyfelix
Posts: 3385
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » February 17th, 2019, 2:59 pm

cwhat64071 wrote:
February 17th, 2019, 1:56 pm
Good Afternoon,

I would like to take the opportunity to read the below sections of this project:

18 April 22-July 21, 1776 Pp. 180-191. End with, "a good time in our prayer-meeting."
19 July 22-October 28, 1776 Pp. 191-201. End with, "my own soul also partook of the blessing."
20 October 29-December 19, 1776 Pp. 201-208. End with, "An extract of the narrative is here subjoined."

I am a rookie reader, but I have read through the above sections and find them captivating. Please list me as C. Whatley. I am expecting to record my section next weekend. Thanks for your consideration.

Chris
Wonderful! Thanks for joining this project. I've assigned you those three sections and created your reader page, which can be found here. Currently, it lists only this project, but as you participate more, you'll see the list grow to eventually include both completed works and in-progress works. :) Have fun, and let me know if any questions come up.

gtlldavis
Posts: 15
Joined: December 28th, 2018, 10:40 pm
Location: Orangevale, CA

Post by gtlldavis » February 23rd, 2019, 12:31 am

Second try, hope I got everything. Passed checker
22.54
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/journaloffrancisasbury1_49_asbury_128kb_3.mp3
the _3 at end was my 3rd try. Hope that is ok. I also added the time span of section as shown in Magic window Title, It seems like some are using and some not.
I'm going out of town in the morning for 3 weeks to visit my 88 year old Dad, hope I won't need to correct anything else until the next section.
Thanks
Greg

mightyfelix
Posts: 3385
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » February 23rd, 2019, 1:32 am

gtlldavis wrote:
February 23rd, 2019, 12:31 am
Second try, hope I got everything. Passed checker
22.54
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/journaloffrancisasbury1_49_asbury_128kb_3.mp3
the _3 at end was my 3rd try. Hope that is ok. I also added the time span of section as shown in Magic window Title, It seems like some are using and some not.
I'm going out of town in the morning for 3 weeks to visit my 88 year old Dad, hope I won't need to correct anything else until the next section.
Thanks
Greg
Thanks, Greg. Yes, you did correct all of the issues that I had found. Nice job! A couple of things:

What does 22.54 mean? At first, I thought that was the new running time of the section, but from my end, it looks like it is 24:03.

The _3 is actually not ok. We need all of the file names to be exactly correct, or they won't play properly. That's the reason that an example file name is given in the first post, because it's really important to have it correct. I believe Tricia (our MC) will be able to change the file name without your needing to upload again, since you don't have any more corrections to make, but in the future, please stick to exactly what it says in the first post. Don't worry about overwriting the old one if you need to upload a corrected version. The uploader automatically renames the old file so that it's not lost, just in case we still need it.

Enjoy your trip!

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 40838
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » February 23rd, 2019, 8:08 am

I'll fix the link at cataloging time. Make sure the "listen" link in the MW points to the corrected/current file, and we'll be OK. :)

gtlldavis
Posts: 15
Joined: December 28th, 2018, 10:40 pm
Location: Orangevale, CA

Post by gtlldavis » February 23rd, 2019, 8:13 am

Sorry, that was the number after the download 22.54kb. It was late and I made a mistake, it was 24.03.
Thanks

mightyfelix
Posts: 3385
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » February 23rd, 2019, 10:41 am

gtlldavis wrote:
February 23rd, 2019, 8:13 am
Sorry, that was the number after the download 22.54kb. It was late and I made a mistake, it was 24.03.
Thanks
Got it. No problem. Just wanted to make sure.
TriciaG wrote:
February 23rd, 2019, 8:08 am
I'll fix the link at cataloging time. Make sure the "listen" link in the MW points to the corrected/current file, and we'll be OK. :)
Thank you!

northstar95
Posts: 77
Joined: January 3rd, 2018, 6:03 pm
Location: Minnesota

Post by northstar95 » February 24th, 2019, 11:02 am


mightyfelix
Posts: 3385
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » February 24th, 2019, 4:42 pm

Thank you! MW updated.

I suppose I'll have to figure out what to do with section 11 rather soon. I was hoping that I'd be able to correct it myself, since the reader never came back to make corrections, but there are portions missing that need to be added. I was thinking of just recording those bits myself, because I hate to scrap the whole thing. But I'm not really sure how well that will work for this, to be honest.

Post Reply