GROUP: The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain - philc

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
Post Reply
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15758
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: By De Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » October 20th, 2018, 6:09 pm

JayKitty76 wrote:
October 20th, 2018, 3:57 pm
Phil,
How do I take off your name from the conclusion in the MW? I've added Bhavya, too. Thanks!
put my name in using the 'assign reader', then you will have the option to 'add' or 'delete'. Just delete me.
There are a lot of little thing to learn and you are doing a great job, just be patient and keep asking questions, in no time you will be smooth as silk.
For instance, when a reader uploads a corrected file and posts that in the thread, you should mark that section "Ready for Spot PL" so the DPL knows to check just the sections they said needed correction and not the whole file again.
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
You'd think hip-hop music would have more bunnies in it - but no. :hmm: .

Need Help? Lots of Helpful Videos Here

bhavya
Posts: 282
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am

Post by bhavya » October 20th, 2018, 9:17 pm

philchenevert wrote:
October 20th, 2018, 12:03 pm
JayKitty76 wrote:
October 20th, 2018, 11:16 am
bhavya wrote:
October 20th, 2018, 12:55 am
Hello,
Can I read the conclusion?
I’m sorry, the conclusion was claimed yesterday by Phil. I haven’t been able to put it in the MW because of a glitch in the system. Would you be interested in anything else?
I would happily withdraw my claim to the conclusion so that bhavya can have it! In fact I wish you wouild do that. :D
Thanks Phil!

plbeard
Posts: 10
Joined: September 25th, 2018, 12:03 pm

Post by plbeard » October 22nd, 2018, 4:51 am

I'd like to volunteer to read chapters 3 and 4.
I could submit the recording by the end of October.
(I am a "new guy" but will have submitted my mic test later
on 22 Oct.)

JayKitty76
Posts: 423
Joined: August 3rd, 2018, 3:16 pm
Location: In a galaxy far, far away...

Post by JayKitty76 » October 22nd, 2018, 2:19 pm

philchenevert wrote:
October 20th, 2018, 6:09 pm
JayKitty76 wrote:
October 20th, 2018, 3:57 pm
Phil,
How do I take off your name from the conclusion in the MW? I've added Bhavya, too. Thanks!
put my name in using the 'assign reader', then you will have the option to 'add' or 'delete'. Just delete me.
There are a lot of little thing to learn and you are doing a great job, just be patient and keep asking questions, in no time you will be smooth as silk.
For instance, when a reader uploads a corrected file and posts that in the thread, you should mark that section "Ready for Spot PL" so the DPL knows to check just the sections they said needed correction and not the whole file again.
Thank you for all your help, Phil- I am definitely still learning the BC ways! :lol: I'll edit the MW right now.

JayKitty76
Posts: 423
Joined: August 3rd, 2018, 3:16 pm
Location: In a galaxy far, far away...

Post by JayKitty76 » October 22nd, 2018, 2:25 pm

OK Phil, figured it out. Thanks again!

JayKitty76
Posts: 423
Joined: August 3rd, 2018, 3:16 pm
Location: In a galaxy far, far away...

Post by JayKitty76 » October 22nd, 2018, 2:32 pm

plbeard wrote:
October 22nd, 2018, 4:51 am
I'd like to volunteer to read chapters 3 and 4.
I could submit the recording by the end of October.
(I am a "new guy" but will have submitted my mic test later
on 22 Oct.)
Welcome to LibriVox! Thanks, I'm holding chapters 3 and 4 for you. Please read the first post of this thread carefully.

Please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal web site/blog.

Also, if this is your first recording, we ask that you send in a 1-minute test recording. This is not an audition, it's just to make sure the sound quality and the recording settings are all right - often things can be improved at the outset that are difficult to fix later. Please go to 1-Minute Test to find out what to record for your 1-minute test, and how to upload the recording. In the LibriVox Uploader, please select 'tests - tests' from the MC drop-down, and then post your test recording in the Listeners Wanted forum, rather than in this thread - you'll get feedback more quickly there.
We usually give readers about 2 months from the day they claim to submit their recordings- extensions are granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator (myself).
I hope you have fun!

JayKitty76
Posts: 423
Joined: August 3rd, 2018, 3:16 pm
Location: In a galaxy far, far away...

Post by JayKitty76 » October 22nd, 2018, 2:41 pm

I've edited the Preface:

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/tomsawyer_00_128kb.mp3

Length is now 1:03.

lomond
Posts: 1082
Joined: July 7th, 2008, 6:22 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon, area

Post by lomond » October 22nd, 2018, 3:21 pm

JayKitty76 wrote:
October 22nd, 2018, 2:41 pm
I've edited the Preface:

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/tomsawyer_00_128kb.mp3

Length is now 1:03.
Greetings -

I'm wondering if I am listening to the correct recording as I did not hear the full introduction on this one. :hmm: :hmm:

Lomond

plbeard
Posts: 10
Joined: September 25th, 2018, 12:03 pm

Post by plbeard » October 22nd, 2018, 4:10 pm

Howdy,

My test is now under the the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum,

Name: P.L. Beard

best,

Phillip
JayKitty76 wrote:
October 22nd, 2018, 2:32 pm
plbeard wrote:
October 22nd, 2018, 4:51 am
I'd like to volunteer to read chapters 3 and 4.
I could submit the recording by the end of October.
(I am a "new guy" but will have submitted my mic test later
on 22 Oct.)
Welcome to LibriVox! Thanks, I'm holding chapters 3 and 4 for you. Please read the first post of this thread carefully.

Please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal web site/blog.



Also, if this is your first recording, we ask that you send in a 1-minute test recording. This is not an audition, it's just to make sure the sound quality and the recording settings are all right - often things can be improved at the outset that are difficult to fix later. Please go to 1-Minute Test to find out what to record for your 1-minute test, and how to upload the recording. In the LibriVox Uploader, please select 'tests - tests' from the MC drop-down, and then post your test recording in the Listeners Wanted forum, rather than in this thread - you'll get feedback more quickly there.
We usually give readers about 2 months from the day they claim to submit their recordings- extensions are granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator (myself).
I hope you have fun!

JayKitty76
Posts: 423
Joined: August 3rd, 2018, 3:16 pm
Location: In a galaxy far, far away...

Post by JayKitty76 » October 22nd, 2018, 6:26 pm

lomond wrote:
October 22nd, 2018, 3:21 pm
JayKitty76 wrote:
October 22nd, 2018, 2:41 pm
I've edited the Preface:

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/tomsawyer_00_128kb.mp3

Length is now 1:03.
Greetings -

I'm wondering if I am listening to the correct recording as I did not hear the full introduction on this one. :hmm: :hmm:

Lomond
Hmm. I'll check tomorrow and make sure.

JayKitty76
Posts: 423
Joined: August 3rd, 2018, 3:16 pm
Location: In a galaxy far, far away...

Post by JayKitty76 » October 22nd, 2018, 6:27 pm

plbeard wrote:
October 22nd, 2018, 4:10 pm
Howdy,

My test is now under the the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum,

Name: P.L. Beard

best,

Phillip
JayKitty76 wrote:
October 22nd, 2018, 2:32 pm
plbeard wrote:
October 22nd, 2018, 4:51 am
I'd like to volunteer to read chapters 3 and 4.
I could submit the recording by the end of October.
(I am a "new guy" but will have submitted my mic test later
on 22 Oct.)
Welcome to LibriVox! Thanks, I'm holding chapters 3 and 4 for you. Please read the first post of this thread carefully.

Please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal web site/blog.



Also, if this is your first recording, we ask that you send in a 1-minute test recording. This is not an audition, it's just to make sure the sound quality and the recording settings are all right - often things can be improved at the outset that are difficult to fix later. Please go to 1-Minute Test to find out what to record for your 1-minute test, and how to upload the recording. In the LibriVox Uploader, please select 'tests - tests' from the MC drop-down, and then post your test recording in the Listeners Wanted forum, rather than in this thread - you'll get feedback more quickly there.
We usually give readers about 2 months from the day they claim to submit their recordings- extensions are granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator (myself).
I hope you have fun!
Thanks Phillip! Adding you in the MW now.

JayKitty76
Posts: 423
Joined: August 3rd, 2018, 3:16 pm
Location: In a galaxy far, far away...

Post by JayKitty76 » October 22nd, 2018, 6:31 pm

Lomond,
Is Kara's chapter 5 PL OK? It keeps coming up in the MW as so, and I'm not sure if that's my mistake or if you've purposely set it like that.
Just checking in to make sure.
Thanks!

jfass
Posts: 10
Joined: September 21st, 2018, 4:39 pm
Contact:

Post by jfass » October 22nd, 2018, 7:28 pm

Hello Group.

I would like to volunteer to read a chapter.

This would be my first contribution to LibriVox. My 1-minute test can be found here: https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_jfass.mp3

I would like to start with section 20 (Chapter 20).

Thanks.

--Jim

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15758
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: By De Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » October 22nd, 2018, 8:08 pm

jfass wrote:
October 22nd, 2018, 7:28 pm
Hello Group.

I would like to volunteer to read a chapter.

This would be my first contribution to LibriVox. My 1-minute test can be found here: https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_jfass.mp3

I would like to start with section 20 (Chapter 20).

Thanks.

--Jim
Hi Jim. Your voice is truly amazing! However your test file is in stereo, we require files in mono. Everything else is just fine! Please make another test (or fix this one), name it test 2 or something and post the file here. I will check it out ASAP and you will be recording in a jiffy.
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
You'd think hip-hop music would have more bunnies in it - but no. :hmm: .

Need Help? Lots of Helpful Videos Here

jfass
Posts: 10
Joined: September 21st, 2018, 4:39 pm
Contact:

Post by jfass » October 22nd, 2018, 8:42 pm


Post Reply