COMPLETE A Handbook of Fish Cookery by Lucy H. Yates -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
kanzakisol

Post by kanzakisol »

Ah! There we go, didn't realize my laptop downstairs still had a signed-in window up downstairs. Everything good now. I updated the status for Sections 2 and 3 because they are PL OK!

By the way, to BettyB and NemoR you two are awesome. Glad I got to PL you so I can use your pacing on my future reads. :thumbs:
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

awesome, thank you so much! :D

by the way, you can now forget about the generic librivox log in for the uploader as specified in the first post. the username and password you use for the magic window also works for the uploader :)
Carolin
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Carolin wrote:Thank you!

I can listen to your section, that isn't a problem. Only, i am quite slow with listening as i dont often have a quiet spell to listen in. So, welcome to this project :D
Carolin, if you would like I could PL kanzakisol's section 5.

This would be my 1st, but would be a good start for doing future PL'ing .... I've read over the guidelines and should be no problem!

Let me know,

Nemo
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

that would be great, nemo! go right ahead!

if you have questions about proof listening, please let me know, but basically this is all you need to know: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=17680 :)
Carolin
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

kanzakisol,

Excellent reading of section 5 on your first reading!

Intro, outro, opening and ending silences, dB range and background noise levels were all good.

Your reading was quite nice!

I have just a few small things I'd suggest you fix:

Starting at 9:02, the text is: "with a mixed teaspoonful of salt", and you read "with a mixed spoonful of salt" ... I think that changes the meaning a bit.

Starting at 14:02, the text is: "best if cooked in buttered paper", and I heard you read "best if cooked on buttered paper" .... while the meaning is a bit different, this one may not be worth changing .... I'll leave that up to you.

Starting at 14:22, the text is: "take out of the papers", and you read "take out the papers" - leaving out the "of" ... I think that changes the meaning, but again, I'll leave this one up to you.

Starting at 16:29, the text is "then split open two dozen large oysters", and you read "then split open two large oysters" - leaving out the "dozen".

If you could just make these few corrections and re-upload, I'll listen again!

Thanks! .... Nemo
Nemo

Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you nemo :)
Carolin
kanzakisol

Post by kanzakisol »

Thanks Nemo! I'll get right on making those fixes and get back to you. Man I was so focused on not screwing up table and tea, I guess I just said spoon lol. :lol:
kanzakisol

Post by kanzakisol »

http://uploads.librivox.org/carolin/handbook_05_yates_128kb.mp3 16:49

Okay, I fixed all the errors listed. I did 14:02 because I didn't like the hesitation at the beginning of the sentence anyways, so it gave me a chance to fix it :lol: . I'm not an editing master, but I tried to blend the replacement tracks with the rest of the sentence to the best of my ability.Let me know if it sounds too jarring. Thanks in advance!
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you :thumbs:
Carolin
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

kanzakisol wrote:http://uploads.librivox.org/carolin/handbook_05_yates_128kb.mp3 16:49

Okay, I fixed all the errors listed. I did 14:02 because I didn't like the hesitation at the beginning of the sentence anyways, so it gave me a chance to fix it :lol: . I'm not an editing master, but I tried to blend the replacement tracks with the rest of the sentence to the best of my ability.Let me know if it sounds too jarring. Thanks in advance!
Awesome job .... seamless editing!

Carolin, this is now PL OK!

Nemo
Nemo

Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you :thumbs:
Carolin
BettyB

Post by BettyB »

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/handbook_06_yates_128kb.mp3