[HUMOR/GROUP] Frontier Humor in Verse, Prose and Picture philc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
czandra

Post by czandra »

80 please.

Czandra
Last edited by czandra on December 28th, 2021, 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
I asked my librarian about the noise, and she said, "no one would come here
if they weren't allowed to talk out loud." So I read out loud.

Je lis à haute voix car refléchir fait trop de bruit!
czandra

Post by czandra »

bluoraj wrote: December 23rd, 2021, 4:57 pm I'm requesting the following sections:

60 A Rolling Stone
61 Riding in the Street Cars
62 Simon Rand
69 The Cobbler's End
70 The Last of his Race

czandra

Post by czandra »

DOl7

Post by DOl7 »

Hello! I think I have been working on this one too long- May I please get some constructive feedback?
This is section 24: A brilliant forensic effort.

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/frontierhumor_24_cox_128kb.mp3

Run time: 06:03

Also, I realize I am out of time to deliver my 3rd recording within the allotted timeframe- and don't think I'll get it recorded and edited before January 5th! So if you need to re-assign section 28 to anyone that would be fine.

thanks!
Dana
D. Olsen
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

MarkWayne wrote: December 28th, 2021, 9:59 am Section 79 is complete, its duration is 3:58 minutes.

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/frontierhumor_79_cox_128kb.mp3

Right before the end of the recording, I read aloud the words "The Fire Department", as it is shown in the text as a caption below an image.

I'm not sure if it was necessary, though. If it would be better to remove that part, please let me know and I will do so!
Thank you!
I've put this in the MW Ready for PL

In general we do NOT read picture captions. They usually are just confusing in the audiobook format. In unusual cases the BC might want them, but that will be specified in the instructions. Footnotes are another feature that we often omit, but the BC may opt to have them read. Again, that would be in the instructions. If not, of course, just ask.

Let's wait for the full PL report, though, before changing anything,.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

bluoraj wrote: December 23rd, 2021, 4:57 pm I'm requesting the following sections:

60 A Rolling Stone
61 Riding in the Street Cars
62 Simon Rand
69 The Cobbler's End
70 The Last of his Race
I'm putting you in for all except for 60 which I assigned to another reader, since I missed this earlier, and I already assigned 60. I hope you will be okay with that.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

czandra wrote: December 28th, 2021, 11:23 am 80 please.

Czandra
You've got it!
Thanks.

And thanks for the nudge on that other claim. :thumbs:
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

DOl7 wrote: December 28th, 2021, 2:37 pm Hello! I think I have been working on this one too long- May I please get some constructive feedback?

Also, I realize I am out of time to deliver my 3rd recording within the allotted timeframe- and don't think I'll get it recorded and edited before January 5th! So if you need to re-assign section 28 to anyone that would be fine.

thanks!
Dana
Thank you!
I've marked this Ready for PL and Jim will be along to give you a full report.

I'm happy to give you and extension on 28 if you still want to do it.
We are still waiting for the rest of the sections to come in, and we still have one, only ONE, open section.

Let me know one way or the other.
Thanks.
~ Larry
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

DOl7 wrote: December 28th, 2021, 2:37 pm Hello! I think I have been working on this one too long- May I please get some constructive feedback?

thanks!
Dana
Hi Dana,

Very nice job on this. You did a wonderful job reading and all of the technical requirements were met. I liked the way you infused some excitement into the piece and the pause after the closing argument was a nice touch. Be careful not to leave any pauses that are too long though: it might confuse the listener.

PL Okay :thumbs:
Jim in Ohio

I will be away from the studio from April 21st through April 28th.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

silverquill wrote: December 28th, 2021, 10:05 pm
MarkWayne wrote: December 28th, 2021, 9:59 am Section 79 is complete, its duration is 3:58 minutes.

Right before the end of the recording, I read aloud the words "The Fire Department", as it is shown in the text as a caption below an image.

I'm not sure if it was necessary, though. If it would be better to remove that part, please let me know and I will do so!
Thank you!

In general we do NOT read picture captions. They usually are just confusing in the audiobook format. In unusual cases the BC might want them, but that will be specified in the instructions. Footnotes are another feature that we often omit, but the BC may opt to have them read. Again, that would be in the instructions. If not, of course, just ask.

As Larry says, the captions can be confusing, so please remove it. Also, at the beginning you read the title twice - it should only be read once.

Just make those quick deletions and then reupload using the original file name. Don't forget to drop a note here in the thread when you have done so.

Jim
Jim in Ohio

JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

czandra wrote: December 28th, 2021, 11:46 am https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/frontierhumor_80_cox_128kb.mp3
3min 13s

Czandra
Nice job, Czandra.

Only one minor note: at 2:48 something in the background (your phone? :iphone: ) dings.
If you could just fix that and reupload, you will be all set. Don't forget to drop a post here in the thread when you upload.

Jim
Last edited by JHedrick on December 29th, 2021, 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim in Ohio

MarkWayne

Post by MarkWayne »

JHedrick wrote: December 29th, 2021, 7:53 am
silverquill wrote: December 28th, 2021, 10:05 pm

Thank you!

As Larry says, the captions can be confusing, so please remove it. Also, at the beginning you read the title twice - it should only be read once.

Just make those quick deletions and then reupload using the original file name. Don't forget to drop a note here in the thread when you have done so.

Jim
Thank you for the feedback and clarification, Larry and Jim. I've made those two deletions and reuploaded the file with the original name.
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

MarkWayne wrote: December 29th, 2021, 9:30 am
Thank you for the feedback and clarification, Larry and Jim. I've made those two deletions and reuploaded the file with the original name.
That was quick! Nice job on the edits :clap:

PL Okay :thumbs:
Jim in Ohio

JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

Nice job on the reading. Just one note, and I quote the BC:

"In general we do NOT read picture captions. They usually are just confusing in the audiobook format. In unusual cases the BC might want them, but that will be specified in the instructions. Footnotes are another feature that we often omit, but the BC may opt to have them read. Again, that would be in the instructions. If not, of course, just ask."

So, if you could just delete the caption at 1:51 and then reupload using the original file name, we should be all set. Please remember to drop a note here in the thread when you have done that.

Jim
Jim in Ohio

JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

RE: 52, 55, 56

Hi Julie,

Section 52 is PL Okay :clap:
Section 55 - reading is great. Please trim the opening silence.
Section 56 - Only one minor note: at 2:57 something in the background (your phone? :iphone: ) dings.

If you could just fix those little things and reupload, you will be all set. Don't forget to drop a post here in the thread when you upload.
Jim in Ohio