[Complete] Precepts in Practice by Charlotte Maria Tucker - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 7 is pl ok. Thank you, Ben. No need to be embarrassed. I've done similar things.
Pattymarie
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 05 pl notes:

15:26-36 repetion of "“You are very sorry for what has happened, Joseph—I see that you are;"
Pattymarie
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Sections 4, 10, and 12 are PL OK. Thank you, Roselbex and Ben.
Pattymarie
earthcharmeddec

Post by earthcharmeddec »

This is my first time but could I claim Section 8: The Green Velvet Dress?
Thanks!
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

earthcharmeddec wrote: September 14th, 2021, 12:03 pm This is my first time but could I claim Section 8: The Green Velvet Dress?
Thanks!
Yes, you would be most welcome!

Just let me know how you would like to be listed in the LibriVox catalog — real name, pseudonym, or any nickname you wish. This is how you will be credited for all of your LibriVox work.
Daria

Readers wanted:
The Robber’s Cave
earthcharmeddec

Post by earthcharmeddec »

Here is The Green Velvet Dress (section 8):
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/preceptsinpractice_08_tucker_128kb.mp3
This is my first long recording, hope its ok. I welcome any comments/suggestions/changes.

I already have my page under earthchameddec because I recorded something before this one.

Thanks!
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

earthcharmeddec wrote: September 17th, 2021, 1:29 am Here is The Green Velvet Dress (section 8):
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/preceptsinpractice_08_tucker_128kb.mp3
This is my first long recording, hope its ok. I welcome any comments/suggestions/changes.

I already have my page under earthchameddec because I recorded something before this one.

Thanks!
Thank you! It is in the MW ready for proof-listening. Just keep in mind (for future recordings) to add the file duration (mm:ss). Please watch this thread for prooflistening notes on your section.
Daria

Readers wanted:
The Robber’s Cave
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 8 is pl ok. Thank you and congratulations on a lovely maiden effort. I really can't think of anything to suggest.
Pattymarie
Hanitzachon

Post by Hanitzachon »

Hello :)

Can I read section 13?
AGShrader

Post by AGShrader »

😃👍
Last edited by AGShrader on September 18th, 2021, 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AGShrader

Post by AGShrader »

Hello. 🙂
Just saw someone already asked for 13 so may I claim 14?
I've done my one minute test :D
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/one_minute_test.mp3
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

Hanitzachon wrote: September 18th, 2021, 7:46 am Hello :)

Can I read section 13?
Of course!

Just let me know how you would like to be listed in the LibriVox catalog — real name, pseudonym, or any nickname you wish. This is how you will be credited for all of your LibriVox work.
Daria

Readers wanted:
The Robber’s Cave
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

AGShrader wrote: September 18th, 2021, 11:59 am Hello. 🙂
Just saw someone already asked for 13 so may I claim 14?
I've done my one minute test :D
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/one_minute_test.mp3
Thank you! I have reserved Section 13 for you. Just let me know how you would like to be listed in the LibriVox catalog — real name, pseudonym, or any nickname you wish. This is how you will be credited for all of your LibriVox work.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes on your 1-Minute Test:

1). The bit rate should be 128 kbps.

2). Your file name is incorrect. Export your file in MP3 format. Call it: test_yourforumname.mp3. Don't add the .mp3 extension to the filename yourself — Audacity will add it automatically. Make sure there are no spaces or UPPER CASE letters in your filename: the forum software doesn't allow spaces, and it's good to get into the habit of using all lower case letters, as this is needed for real recordings.

3). I suggest using some noise reduction. https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Noisecleaning_With_Pics

(Also keep in mind for future recordings that there is no need to fill out ID3 tags.)

Please carry out the edits and then upload the file in this thread.

After correcting your file, if you wish, you could also use the Checker tool which is very helpful.

Checker looks for common problems with LibriVox audio recordings.
1. It can save you time by checking your file for common technical issues before uploading it.
2. It can find problems with volume, MP3 encoding options, audio format, metadata (ID3 tags), and file naming conventions.
Daria

Readers wanted:
The Robber’s Cave
AGShrader

Post by AGShrader »

thank you very much, I'll get right on it. :)
AGShrader

Post by AGShrader »

Clearly I've got a lot to learn :oops: thanks for all the help! :)