[Complete] Short Science Fiction Collection 081-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JamesJenkins

Post by JamesJenkins »

Veronica

Thanks for you reading. There is a technical error. Volume is low at 71.4db it should be between 86 and 92

There are links to help with recording issues in the opening post of this collection

Also there are several scratchy background noise (spikes) at 4:37 to 4:39 "as they did around summer rain-barrels."
Minor bump at 5:08 & 5:10 & 5:19 & 8:04 & 8:43 there are some others that may or may not be more notable when you increase the volume. Please listen the entire recording after you increase the volume, and address as needed.

Please correct and resubmit your recording.

James
This post uses 100% recycled electrons
vmead

Post by vmead »

JamesJenkins wrote: August 2nd, 2021, 6:59 am
Veronica

Thanks for you reading. There is a technical error. Volume is low at 71.4db it should be between 86 and 92

There are links to help with recording issues in the opening post of this collection

Also there are several scratchy background noise (spikes) at 4:37 to 4:39 "as they did around summer rain-barrels."
Minor bump at 5:08 & 5:10 & 5:19 & 8:04 & 8:43 there are some others that may or may not be more notable when you increase the volume. Please listen the entire recording after you increase the volume, and address as needed.

James
Whoops I totally forgot to increase the volume. I've fixed the bumps mentioned and the ones created when I increased the volume. Thank you.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ssf081_littlejourney_bradbury_vm_128kb.mp3
Currently volunteering for my senior project. Expecting to graduate with a BS in Information and Library Science, Dec. '21!
JamesJenkins

Post by JamesJenkins »

vmead wrote: August 2nd, 2021, 8:33 am
JamesJenkins wrote: August 2nd, 2021, 6:59 am
Veronica

James
Whoops I totally forgot to increase the volume. I've fixed the bumps mentioned and the ones created when I increased the volume. Thank you.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ssf081_littlejourney_bradbury_vm_128kb.mp3
Thanks Veronica, that did it. it is PL ok now.

James
Grothmann

Post by Grothmann »

Good Evening:

The Resurrection
by Robert J. Shea
Read by Dale Grothmann
Time 4:28

Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ssf081_reserection_shea_dg_128kb.mp3

Text at:
https://www.gutenberg.org/files/28031/28031-h/28031-h.htm

This a is a lightweight story, but still interesting to contemplate.

Thanks
Dale
JamesJenkins

Post by JamesJenkins »

Grothmann wrote: August 2nd, 2021, 10:23 pm Good Evening:

The Resurrection
by Robert J. Shea
Read by Dale Grothmann
Time 4:28

Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ssf081_reserection_shea_dg_128kb.mp3

Text at:
https://www.gutenberg.org/files/28031/28031-h/28031-h.htm

This a is a lightweight story, but still interesting to contemplate.

Thanks
Dale
Thanks Dale, it is PL ok
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Thanks, Dale and James!
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
vmead

Post by vmead »

Currently volunteering for my senior project. Expecting to graduate with a BS in Information and Library Science, Dec. '21!
JamesJenkins

Post by JamesJenkins »

Thanks Veronica,

A couple of minor fixes are needed.

Ending silence is only 2 seconds should be about 5 seconds

There is loud brief noise at 16:17 "Now it was time to change angle, flatten the ship out,"

Please fix these and resubmit the recording.

Also there are few less evident bumps, like maybe lightly touching the desk or something while recording. You don't need to fix them in this recording, just be mindful of them in the future.

Other wise a good recording :)

James
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Thank you for your story, Veronica!
-Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
vmead

Post by vmead »

JamesJenkins wrote: August 4th, 2021, 3:57 am
Thanks Veronica,

There is loud brief noise at 16:17 "Now it was time to change angle, flatten the ship out,"

Also there are few less evident bumps, like maybe lightly touching the desk or something while recording. You don't need to fix them in this recording, just be mindful of them in the future.

James
Thank you! It should be fixed now.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ssf081_soundofterror_berry_vm_128kb.mp3

21:42
JamesJenkins

Post by JamesJenkins »

vmead wrote: August 4th, 2021, 8:50 am
JamesJenkins wrote: August 4th, 2021, 3:57 am
Thanks Veronica,

James
Thank you! It should be fixed now.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ssf081_soundofterror_berry_vm_128kb.mp3

21:42
Thanks that sounds good, it is PL ok now.

James
Ligeti_Grieg

Post by Ligeti_Grieg »

I have a query.

I currently have a completed short work that I thought I might request for here. However, I make free stuff to put on my channel, to act as promo for my pro stuff. This all can end up on Librivox. I have a 'Sci-Fi Monday' thing, so I realised that I will end up with quite a lot of stuff to put in this and/or later collections. In the interests of not hogging space, do you think it might be wiser to simply make a Short Science Fiction Collection as a Solo project? Or shall I simply post a handful each collection? I don't want to put people off by appearing like I'm more 'serious' than they are, or something like it. (It literally serves as a part of my job, so I have far more time for it than most people).

Make sense? Don't want to annoy people.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Grieg,
You can make create a solo project of a collection of short stories, but don't call it the Short Science Fiction Collection. There is a person who like to do that and calls his something like 'Four Science Fiction Stories'. Here is a catalog page with some of them : https://librivox.org/search?q=science%20fiction&search_form=advanced
Of course you are welcome to submit them to this collection, too.
Cheers,
-Amy
Ligeti_Grieg

Post by Ligeti_Grieg »

I like the organisation of the name, so if nobody minds me posting for pretty much every collection, I'll start here.

I have three tracks of a story that comes to just under an hour. 'Against the Stone Beasts' by James Blish. Can I nab some space here for that?
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Grieg,
We usually make an exception for a story in two parts because it exceeds the 70 minute length, but none in 3 sections. If it is around an hour long that will be fine on one file. Could you keep it all in one file? It will certainly be nice to have you as a regular contributor to the collection and in this one there is no restriction on the number of stories you can submit. I figure if someone is on a roll, why make them wait for the next one.
Thank you!
-Amy