COMPLETE [POETRY] At Dawn And Dusk, by Victor J. Daley-lny

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Section 13 is PL OK
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Sections 30 and 31 are PL OK

Just for future recordings if you are using Audacity you might want to remove some of the background noise.

Step 1. Select a piece of background noise (no speech, breaths or other noises) in your audio.
In Menu click: Effect > Noise Reduction... A dialog will pop up.
Click "Get Noise Profile" The dialog box will close instantly.

Step 2 - Noise Reduction
Press CTRL-A / Command-A to select your complete recording.
In Menu click: Effect > Noise Reduction... again. Note: don't select "Repeat Noise Reduction" -- that instantly applies the default settings; you want to adjust the settings and preview the results before you apply the noise filters.
Set Noise Reduction (dB) to 12
Set sensitivity to 6.00
Set frequency smoothing bands to 3
Choose Noise: Reduce
Click ok
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Section 38 is PL OK
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Section 49 is PL OK
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

57, 58, 3 and 4 are PL OK
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

PL Notes for section 46

There should be 5 seconds of silence at the end of the file it is currently shorter than this

00:18 the line is -
To a drowsy and dreamful tune

I heard
To a drowsy and dreadful tune

00:53
There are two verses missing from the end they are on the next page 133 of the book

When Time with his evil eye
The beautiful Love has slain.
There is nought to gain or keep
Thereafter, and all is vain.
Should we wait to see Love die ?

Sweetheart, of the joys men reap
We have reaped ; 'tis time to rest.
Whv should we wake but to weep
Sleep and forgetting is best —
These are the flowers of sleep.

Please could you carry out the edits then upload the file using the same file name and post in this thread. If you need any more help please just ask. Thanks
Michele
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Aysh

Post by Aysh »

Hi,

Could I please have Section 51?

Thanks
EvelynL

Post by EvelynL »

wib66 wrote: June 19th, 2021, 12:59 pm PL Notes for section 1

There should be between 0.5 and 1 second of silence at the beginning of the file it is currently longer than this
oops! Thank you for the PL, I didn't even notice the mistake the first time around! Here's the new file, please be sure to let me know if there are any other issues with it and I'll be sure to fix them. :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/atdawnanddusk_01_daley_128kb.mp3
wib66

Post by wib66 »

EvelynL wrote: June 21st, 2021, 7:39 am
wib66 wrote: June 19th, 2021, 12:59 pm PL Notes for section 1

There should be between 0.5 and 1 second of silence at the beginning of the file it is currently longer than this
oops! Thank you for the PL, I didn't even notice the mistake the first time around! Here's the new file, please be sure to let me know if there are any other issues with it and I'll be sure to fix them. :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/atdawnanddusk_01_daley_128kb.mp3
This is now PL OK thanks
Michele
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Lmnei wrote: June 10th, 2021, 2:18 pm Hi there!

Can I please have 16-26 inclusive and then 33 and 34? I need some poems in my life!

Lynda
I cannot see the MW for some reason - can someone please confirm that poem 16 is Death and 26 is Spring Dirge and then 33 and 34 are Neara's Wreath and Camilla?

Many thanks!

Lynda
wib66

Post by wib66 »

queued for PL
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Michele
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

wib66 wrote: June 22nd, 2021, 2:53 pm Sections 32 and 67 thanks

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/atdawnanddusk_32_daley_128kb.mp3
6:37

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/atdawnanddusk_67_daley_128kb.mp3
8:23

Please could someone PL them for me thanks
I can do that in about 2 hours...

Lynda