(Complete) G.K. Chesterton in America: A Catholic Review of the Week - m8b1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

GregGiordano wrote: May 9th, 2021, 8:43 am May I claim Section 3.

Thanks!

Greg
Of course! Thank you, Greg!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
LexisDunn001

Post by LexisDunn001 »

May I claim section 9?
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

LexisDunn001 wrote: May 9th, 2021, 7:52 pm May I claim section 9?
Hi,

Welcome to LibriVox! Section 9 is yours. Please read the first post of this thread carefully.

Please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. It can be your real name, forum name, or a pseudonym ~ whatever you prefer

Also, since this is your first recording, we ask that you send in a 1-minute test recording. This is not an audition, it's just to make sure the sound quality and the recording settings are all right - often things can be improved at the outset that are difficult to fix later. Please go to https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test to find out what to record for your 1-minute test, and how to upload the recording. In the LibriVox Uploader, please select 'tests - tests' from the MC drop-down, and then post your test recording in the Listeners Wanted forum, rather than in this thread - you'll get feedback more quickly there.
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
cee12

Post by cee12 »

Hello!

Yes, I'll do that. Thank you so much for responding! I'll let you know about what name I'd like to use as soon as I'm done with the test.
m8b1 wrote: May 7th, 2021, 7:40 am
cee12 wrote: May 6th, 2021, 11:46 pm I'd like to read sections 2 (What Was Rationalism) and 14 (The Democracy of Shakespeare). Please let me know if that's possible. Thanks!
Hi,

Welcome to LibriVox! Sections 2 and 14 are all yours! Please read the first post of this thread carefully.

Please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. It can be your real name, forum name, or a pseudonym ~ whatever you prefer.

Also, since this is your first recording, we ask that you send in a 1-minute test recording. This is not an audition, it's just to make sure the sound quality and the recording settings are all right - often things can be improved at the outset that are difficult to fix later. Please go to https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test to find out what to record for your 1-minute test, and how to upload the recording. In the LibriVox Uploader, please select 'tests - tests' from the MC drop-down, and then post your test recording in the Listeners Wanted forum, rather than in this thread - you'll get feedback more quickly there.

Thanks, and have fun!
christophergilson

Post by christophergilson »

May I claim Section 12 ?
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

christophergilson wrote: May 10th, 2021, 10:11 am May I claim Section 12 ?
All yours ~ thank you!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
christophergilson

Here is Section 12.

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/gkamerica_12_chesterton_128kb.mp3.

Thank you

Christopher Gilson
christophergilson

Here is Section 12.

Run time 6:55

Thank you

Christopher Gilson
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

christophergilson wrote: May 11th, 2021, 8:58 am Here is Section 12.

Run time 6:55

Thank you

Christopher Gilson
Thank you! It is PL OK!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
christophergilson

May I please claim Section 4 "High Priests of the Unutterable"
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

christophergilson wrote: May 11th, 2021, 3:43 pm May I please claim Section 4 "High Priests of the Unutterable"
All yours ~ thank you!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
chuckconvr

Post by chuckconvr »

mscllc

Post by mscllc »

Dear Maria :

On my last login, I noticed this little G.K. Chesterton project added to your message signature, and that its sections are rather short.

I would be quite willing, therefore, to pick up the last two unclaimed sections, 6 "Thrift of Thought" and 10 "Don't" (a bit of variety for me alongside the longer projects of St Thomas Aquinas and Pope Leo XIII).

However, probably because I am logging in from France (like I have had this kind of trouble before), the links to the texts do not function because I am blocked with a page displaying the following message: "This item is not available online ( Limited - search only) due to copyright restrictions."

So a condition for me to record these last two remaining sections on this project is to be provided with the public domain text to be read (or another link that is functional from France), thank you!

mscllc
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Thank you ~ it is PL OK!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

mscllc wrote: May 14th, 2021, 1:21 am Dear Maria :

On my last login, I noticed this little G.K. Chesterton project added to your message signature, and that its sections are rather short.

I would be quite willing, therefore, to pick up the last two unclaimed sections, 6 "Thrift of Thought" and 10 "Don't" (a bit of variety for me alongside the longer projects of St Thomas Aquinas and Pope Leo XIII).

However, probably because I am logging in from France (like I have had this kind of trouble before), the links to the texts do not function because I am blocked with a page displaying the following message: "This item is not available online ( Limited - search only) due to copyright restrictions."

So a condition for me to record these last two remaining sections on this project is to be provided with the public domain text to be read (or another link that is functional from France), thank you!

mscllc
Hathi tends to block periodicals outside the US. Chesterton should be PD for everyone.

Here are links to the texts on Archive.
Thrift of Thought: https://archive.org/details/sim_america_1916-04-22_15_2/page/34/mode/2up
Don't: https://archive.org/details/sim_america_1916-08-19_15_19/page/440/mode/2up

I've put you down for both sections. If you decide you don't want to do them after looking at the texts, no worries, just let me know! :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks