[COMPLETE][History]World's Story 15: The World War - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 12:56 am Hi Sonia
As I feel I went a bit OTT with my initial claim could I relinquish sections 7 and 80 while retaining the others.
As this is proving so popular I am sure someone else will claim them :hmm:
of course, no problem, Alan, I'll put them back into the claiming pool. Thanks for the immediate alert !

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Kitty wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 12:34 am
ezwa wrote: April 1st, 2021, 9:51 amI'd like to claim sections 3 (The Outbreak where the archduke is mentioned) and 5 (Belgium's part).
thank you, Ezwa, yes, you are almost predestined to read the Belgian section of course 8-)
If ezwa would also like to read section 4 I don't mind passing it on :)
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

History babe, history. That is what I shall deem to recall as I read about WW1. Thanks for putting me in the mw for the sections I had claimed.
April
Kitty wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 12:28 am
adr6090 wrote: April 1st, 2021, 8:31 amI have listed a few I choose to read.

48- the arrival of kitchener's mob
11- enroute with kitchener's mob
9- the training of kitchener's mob

27-a modern battlefield
78- wonders of war surgery
thank you, April, happy to have you in this project as well :) I'm sure the wonders of war surgery will make me queasy. :?

Sonia
Tim811

Post by Tim811 »

Hi,
I'd like to claim Section 52 if it's still available. It's short (1pg) and seems perfect for a newbie like myself. Looking forward to getting my feet wet.
Thanks,
Tim
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Hello,
alanmapstone wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 1:03 am[...]
If ezwa would also like to read section 4 I don't mind passing it on

It's first come, first served so it's yours, Alan. And I wouldn't want to pick from your plate. But if you have to much...
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »
Rm 12:12

Envie de lire du dramatique ?
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

ezwa wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 8:18 am

It's first come, first served so it's yours, Alan. And I wouldn't want to pick from your plate. But if you have to much...
To be honest I feel I did overclaim initially so I don't mind letting this one go.

Sonia Can I relinquish section 4, it still leave me 9 sections to do :D
Alan
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Sonia,

First of all, where was I for the first 14 volumes? I would have loved to participate in them. But now, all I want to commit to are Sections 7,8 and 70.

While I have never talked with anyone who lived through a Zeppelin attack, while living in England in the 60's I did talk to people who lived through the Blitz, and it seems to be much the same.... overwhelmingly SCARY!!!!

Anyway, I would like to have a chance to add a little to this project. Also, thanks for reiterating all the instructions for those of us who are new to this project.

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Tim811 wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 7:28 amHi,
I'd like to claim Section 52 if it's still available. It's short (1pg) and seems perfect for a newbie like myself. Looking forward to getting my feet wet.
Thanks,
Tim
Hello and a warm welcome, Tim, especially to our World Story project. :) I see you already did your test, so you can start right away.

First off, here is your brand new personal reader page: https://librivox.org/reader/16030 where all your projects will be listed. If you prefer to run under a different reader name, for example your real name, please let me know and I can still change that.

And you are right, starting with a nice short one-pager is the best way to get your feet wet. Since you are new to the forum and to this project, please read carefully all the instructions in the first post, details on how to read the intro disclaimer (in your case, the short one), the outro disclaimer and how to correctly name your file. Please also read the special instructions in the second post. I think for your section though they may not be necessary, but in case you'll come back for more, it's good to know them ;)

If there are any questions please don't hesitate to ask. And now on to recording. Thank you for your interest in this project.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 9:09 am
ezwa wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 8:18 am

To be honest I feel I did overclaim initially so I don't mind letting this one go.

Sonia Can I relinquish section 4, it still leave me 9 sections to do :D
all right, thank you Alan...so Ezwa I understood this correctly that you want the section ? I will switch it now to you. If I misunderstood and you don't want it, then I will release it again, no problem.

Alan: I will PL tomorrow, thank you for the first section !!

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kalamareader wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 10:47 amFirst of all, where was I for the first 14 volumes?
we started this project around the end of 2017...so indeed...I don't know how you could have missed all the fun, Wayne :lol: but better late than never
But now, all I want to commit to are Sections 7,8 and 70.
thank you, lovely to have you participate here. 8-)

Sonia
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Kitty wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 11:50 am
Kalamareader wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 10:47 amFirst of all, where was I for the first 14 volumes?
we started this project around the end of 2017...so indeed...I don't know how you could have missed all the fun, Wayne :lol: but better late than never
But now, all I want to commit to are Sections 7,8 and 70.
thank you, lovely to have you participate here. 8-)

Sonia
I hunted down the other 14 books on LV and there certainly seemed to be many that I would have enjoyed contributing to. Oh, well.... I think how i missed them was the 'forum' they were under. I don't very often look at the 'Short Works' Forum. My loss.

Here are my three:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory15_07_dresser_128kb.mp3 6:12
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory15_08_dresser_128kb.mp3 3:07
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory15_70_dresser_128kb.mp3 18:14

An interesting observation in the "Historical Note" (Section 8). Referring to how quickly England got their act together to fight in WWI, it says: "The unprepared England of 1914 became the England ready to make war in earnest in 1916. This achievement is without a parallel in history." And so it was, but I really think (maybe I am biased) that it was equaled or exceeded by the U.S. in late 1941 early 1942.

Very interesting reading. Thanks,

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

alanmapstone wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 9:09 am[...] Sonia Can I relinquish section 4, [...]
All things "Belgium" to me! Muahahaha!* :twisted:
Well, only the shortest ones. :wink:
Sonia, yes then, I'll record it.
Thanks for offering it, Alan!
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »
Rm 12:12

Envie de lire du dramatique ?
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, Alan, and you get the award for first PL ok section this time :thumbs: Ah and it feels good to be back with the "old" format of the World Story :9: Plain text with info, no timelines. :lol:

The info itself though, is of a more depressing kind, and probably will go on like this throughout the project. Ah well...

Sonia