[COMPLETE] The Creeds of Christendom - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

TaraReynolds wrote: June 22nd, 2021, 11:43 am I would like to claim Chapter 27, The Gallican Confession A.D. 1559. I'd like to try my hand at a longer section :)

Tara
Just curious, are you using a noise gate or 'generate silence' for the silent portions?
American Trials Vol. 3 95% 5 left!
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 93% 2 left!
Devotional Commentary: Apocalypse 85%
Emotions
PL pls: DPL DPL 43 27-28
TaraReynolds

Post by TaraReynolds »

InTheDesert wrote: June 22nd, 2021, 7:01 pm
TaraReynolds wrote: June 22nd, 2021, 11:43 am I would like to claim Chapter 27, The Gallican Confession A.D. 1559. I'd like to try my hand at a longer section :)

Tara
Just curious, are you using a noise gate or 'generate silence' for the silent portions?
I've been using 'generate silence.' I try to catch any weird noises and eliminate them using this feature. Very handy. I'm not familiar with noise gate, but if this is something I should use, please let me know. I'm enjoying the learning process. :D
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

TaraReynolds wrote: June 22nd, 2021, 10:12 pm
I've been using 'generate silence.' I try to catch any weird noises and eliminate them using this feature. Very handy. I'm not familiar with noise gate, but if this is something I should use, please let me know. I'm enjoying the learning process. :D
The difference between recorded 'silence' and generated 'silence' does tend to be noticable (though you can choose to do it if you prefer). One thing you can do is record an extra 30 seconds of silence at the end of your recording session, select a particularly silent section of it, copy and then select any section with weird noises and paste and it will remove your selection and paste the copied silence from the end there. If that's helpful :)
Emotions
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

CJZJR wrote: June 3rd, 2021, 7:30 pm Thanks for the assignment!

Questions about the proper title introduction for these sections.
Should the copy to introduce #38 be: “The Heidelberg or Palatinate Catechism Question 1-74, A.D. 1563”, as listed in the Magic window title?
OR
Should it be: “Catechism or Christian Instruction, as conducted in the Churches and Schools of the Electoral PaLatinate, printed in the Electoral City of Heidelberg by John Mayer. 1563. (This is the title in the text which begins on page 307)? then followed by “Question 1”
If the first, then after standard introduction copy, do I begin reading with printed title in text on page 307? Or simply Magic Window Title followed by “Question 1.”

Additionally,
Should the copy to introduce #39 be: “The Heidelberg or Palatinate Catechism Question 75-127, A.D. 1563”, as listed in the Magic window title? Followed by standard Librivox protocol copy, Followed by Section title on page 332: “Of The Holy Supper Of The Lord, Question 75.”?
OR
“Catechism or Christian Instruction, as conducted in the Churches and Schools of the Electoral PaLatinate, printed in the Electoral City of Heidelberg by John Mayer. 1563. (This is the title in the text which begins on page 307)? Followed by standard Librivox protocol copy, Followed by Section title on page 332 : “Of The Holy Supper Of The Lord, Question 75.”?

Thanks for clarification on these issues because the Section 39 division seems to be arbitrary due to length rather than to follow the work as a whole. And, the title of the Magic Window not matching the text. Thank you for your guidance. My aim is to please.

cjzjr
Hi Charles, just want to check whether you get your 1 minute test oked?
Emotions
TaraReynolds

Post by TaraReynolds »

InTheDesert wrote: June 22nd, 2021, 11:07 pm
TaraReynolds wrote: June 22nd, 2021, 10:12 pm
The difference between recorded 'silence' and generated 'silence' does tend to be noticable (though you can choose to do it if you prefer). One thing you can do is record an extra 30 seconds of silence at the end of your recording session, select a particularly silent section of it, copy and then select any section with weird noises and paste and it will remove your selection and paste the copied silence from the end there. If that's helpful :)
Yes, that’s helpful! Thanks for the tip. 😊 Hoping to tackle this next week.
CJZJR

Post by CJZJR »

I uploaded a 1 min. test reviewed by TriciaG. I made some adjustments and started on #38 Heidelberg Catechism. 1-74.
I'm in final edit and adjustments and hope to upload it this afternoon for approvals. Watch for it. :)

cjzjr
CJZJR

Post by CJZJR »

Tricia G & InTheDesert,

Just uploaded The Heidelberg or Palatinate Catechism Question 1-74 A.D. 1563. #38.
Content time: 29:45
Recording time: 30:02 (including Silence at head and tail)
creedschristendom_38_various_128kb,mp3
Anxious for evaluations.
Thanks for the opportunity to serve.

cjzjr
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

We need the link. Please post the link that comes up in the uploader.

EDIT: I now see your previous post. The point of the 1-minute test is to check the settings before recording a long section. :) Hopefully the technical settings are OK on your long one! (And that one needed the link posted as well, since we don't receive any sort of notification when a file is uploaded aside from someone's post about it.)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

CJZJR wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 4:05 pm Tricia G & InTheDesert,

Just uploaded The Heidelberg or Palatinate Catechism Question 1-74 A.D. 1563. #38.
Anxious for evaluations.

cjzjr
Ok, I've managed to find the file and have updated the MW. Volume and so on (the technical specs) seem to be fine. Will have a listen later.
Emotions
CJZJR

Post by CJZJR »

TriciaG and InThe Desert,

If reading and recording of #38 found acceptable, I would like to add #67 and #82 as assignments. :)

Respectfully,

CJZJR
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

CJZJR wrote: June 24th, 2021, 12:25 pm TriciaG and InThe Desert,

If reading and recording of #38 found acceptable, I would like to add #67 and #82 as assignments. :)

Respectfully,

CJZJR
Hi Charles, I'm happy for you to take more sections on the proviso that I haven't PLed your first sections yet (sorry, usually takes me a couple of days) which means there may be edits required - if you're comfortable with that process (and I imagine with your audio editing background, you would be) then you can get started on the additional sections.
Emotions
CJZJR

Post by CJZJR »

Understood completely.
No pressure intended.
Merely interested and proactive.
Please feel no rush.
You are indeed a blessing to us all for the patient help and resourcefulness you so freely offer. :)

Respectfully,

cjzjr
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

CJZJR wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 4:05 pm Tricia G & InTheDesert,

Anxious for evaluations.

cjzjr
This is all good on reading and technical specs. Well done!

There's just one edit I need from you which is to remove "by John Mayer" in the intro (he was the printer!). You don't need to have an author for this section because there were several.
Emotions
CJZJR

Post by CJZJR »

TriciaG, InTheDesert,

I'm pleased for the good report on #38.
I have corrected and trimmed the portions specified.
New file has been uploaded.
Here's the link.
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/_creedschristendom_38_various_128kb.mp3

Note: I added an underscore "_" just before creedsshristendom to differentiate it from previous unedited file.
I was not sure how new file would be addressed/processed. please let me know if this was wrong or unacceptable.
New RT: 29:44
I will begin on #39 with the same style and recording parameters.

Respectfully,

CJZJR
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

CJZJR wrote: June 26th, 2021, 8:22 am TriciaG, InTheDesert,

I'm pleased for the good report on #38.
I have corrected and trimmed the portions specified.
New file has been uploaded.
Here's the link.
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/_creedschristendom_38_various_128kb.mp3

Note: I added an underscore "_" just before creedsshristendom to differentiate it from previous unedited file.
I was not sure how new file would be addressed/processed. please let me know if this was wrong or unacceptable.
New RT: 29:44
I will begin on #39 with the same style and recording parameters.

Respectfully,

CJZJR
Edit is ok! Renaming is thoughtful but the system will shift the old file to a new name when you upload one with an identical name so you don't have to worry about overwriting it. Can you upload the same file without the underscore? Then's we'll be all clear for section 38.
Emotions