[COMPLETE] The Creeds of Christendom - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

All PL ok

edit: pls ignore (see below) from the text but can you removed the "End of Creeds of Christendom" from 88 at the end? Since it's a collection (technically), I think it doesn't need to be there and it's not in the other sections. I should have removed it form the first post. Oops!
Last edited by InTheDesert on July 26th, 2021, 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
American Trials Vol. 3 95% 5 left!
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 93% 2 left!
Devotional Commentary: Apocalypse 85%
Emotions
PL pls: DPL DPL DPL 43 27-28
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Actually, it should be there. It's the end of this collection, this project.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

TriciaG wrote: July 26th, 2021, 4:39 am Actually, it should be there. It's the end of this collection, this project.
Oh, does that mean it needs to be there at the start too (and all the intermediate sections)? I was assuming it didn't by analogy to the Short Non-fiction Collection etc.
Emotions
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

No, just the last section of the project. If someone listens through the whole thing, the final "end of project" tells them there are no more.

Short nonfiction, poetry, etc. are a bit different, in that they're random, reader-chosen collections, and the order of the works in those don't matter. (They're often sorted differently at cataloging time than the order the files were submitted.) Often, listeners will listen to a section here and there rather than listen through the whole thing in sequence.

This is different. The file order is set, the works themselves are pre-chosen, and chances are very good that listeners will listen though the whole thing (although they aren't required to, of course).
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

TriciaG wrote: July 26th, 2021, 5:34 am No, just the last section of the project. If someone listens through the whole thing, the final "end of project" tells them there are no more.

Short nonfiction, poetry, etc. are a bit different, in that they're random, reader-chosen collections, and the order of the works in those don't matter. (They're often sorted differently at cataloging time than the order the files were submitted.) Often, listeners will listen to a section here and there rather than listen through the whole thing in sequence.

This is different. The file order is set, the works themselves are pre-chosen, and chances are very good that listeners will listen though the whole thing (although they aren't required to, of course).
Aye aye! Have edited my post above.
Emotions
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

I'll take a bunch of these sections to get things moving.
Emotions
misikis719

Post by misikis719 »

Hello! Can I read sections 45-48, the Formula of Concord? Thank you!

~Misikis
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

misikis719 wrote: July 30th, 2021, 5:27 am Hello! Can I read sections 45-48, the Formula of Concord? Thank you!

~Misikis
Assigned!
Emotions
TaraReynolds

Post by TaraReynolds »

Hello, again! Apologies for the delay. I've uploaded the corrected file (Section 27). I made the critical correction and suggested corrections to the best of my technical ability.

Thank you for the opportunity to contribute! Very cool project. I'll look forward to listening to the whole compilation once it's complete. I'll refrain from attempting to claim any additional sections as I've concluded this project should be left to the subject matter experts on this forum. As a newbie, I'll stick to something simpler. :wink:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/creedschristendom_27_various_128kb.mp3

43:27

Warm regards,
Tara
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I'll take 63,64,84,85 to help wrap this one up. :)
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

TriciaG wrote: July 30th, 2021, 3:18 pm I'll take 63,64,84,85 to help wrap this one up. :)
Assigned!

I've take a look at section 28 and decided that since it's in the Scots dialect, it's too hard in the form that Schaff gives it so I'm going to use another text source in the same way that I have for the untranslated creeds. Can you check that you're happy with the following source: https://archive.org/details/writingsofrevjoh09knox/page/238/mode/1up

Edit: Original source that I think is too hard for the non-Scottish amongst us: https://archive.org/details/creedschristendo03scha/page/436/mode/1up
Emotions
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Yep, happy with the new source. That original one is brutal!
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

TaraReynolds wrote: July 30th, 2021, 3:01 pm Hello, again! Apologies for the delay. I've uploaded the corrected file (Section 27). I made the critical correction and suggested corrections to the best of my technical ability.

Thank you for the opportunity to contribute! Very cool project. I'll look forward to listening to the whole compilation once it's complete. I'll refrain from attempting to claim any additional sections as I've concluded this project should be left to the subject matter experts on this forum. As a newbie, I'll stick to something simpler. :wink:

Warm regards,
Tara
Great job PL OK. I think you might be referring to the Scotch Confession which I've just looked at and realised is very hard! Hope you can find some additional projects that are to your liking. If it's your kind of thing, I'm looking for some readers for John Newton.
Emotions
TaraReynolds

Post by TaraReynolds »

InTheDesert wrote: August 1st, 2021, 7:00 am
TaraReynolds wrote: July 30th, 2021, 3:01 pm Hello, again! Apologies for the delay. I've uploaded the corrected file (Section 27). I made the critical correction and suggested corrections to the best of my technical ability.

Warm regards,
Tara
Great job PL OK. I think you might be referring to the Scotch Confession which I've just looked at and realised is very hard! Hope you can find some additional projects that are to your liking. If it's your kind of thing, I'm looking for some readers for John Newton.
So glad it's OK! Thank you. I did see the Scotch Confession and thought, uh oh, I would butcher that. :lol:

I'm going out of town shortly but will definitely be back to explore different projects later this month.

Tara
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

InTheDesert wrote: July 24th, 2021, 4:55 am
Well done! First time I've read it all the way through.

Section 58 and 60 are PL OK.
At ~11:30 in section 59, you say "covenant of words" instead of "covenant of works".
ITD,
Text on 642 says "covenant of words". :hmm:
https://archive.org/details/creedschristendo03scha/page/642/mode/1up
MaryAnn