[COMPLETE] The Creeds of Christendom - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

InTheDesert wrote: May 30th, 2021, 8:43 pm
GregGiordano wrote: May 30th, 2021, 8:19 pm May I claim sections 66 & 79?

Thank you!

Greg
Assigned!
Many thanks and expressions of gratitude!
CJZJR

Post by CJZJR »

Hello Librivox,

I recently ran across the Librivox project in an online article. I am a recently retired college media professor and a former radio announcer early in my career journey. I enjoy reading copy and enjoy the oral interpretation of the Bible and other religious topics. I also enjoy news and non-fiction topics. I have Audition software and a quality microphone. I have audio editing competencies.

I am particularly interested in the "Creeds of Christendom" Project and Entries 38,39, "The Heidelberg or Palatinate Catechism Question 1-74, 75-129 - A.D. 1563". I would enjoy taking on that portion as my original endeavor.

I uploaded a test recording to Trish G.

Respectfully submitted,

Charles Zwick :)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Test recording is A-OK!

You do have a few popping P's, so you may want to reposition your mic slightly so that your breath doesn't directly hit the mic on those P sounds. (I have mine at about 2:00.) But it's not VERY strong, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. ;)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
CJZJR

Post by CJZJR »

Thanks for the feedback!
I will work on that.
I'm looking at sections 38, 39.
Who would assign those?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

That would be the Book Coordinator or BC. In this project, it's user InTheDesert. :)
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

CJZJR wrote: June 1st, 2021, 10:00 am Thanks for the feedback!
I will work on that.
I'm looking at sections 38, 39.
Who would assign those?
On the job. Glad someone is willing to tackle one of the longer sections.

I'll need to add you as a reader into the catalogue. Is there a name that you want to be credited under? I can use a pseudonym, a real name - anything really (CJZJR or Charles Zwick are both good options). I can also link to a personal website if you want. As soon as I've done that, I can assign you those two sections.
American Trials Vol. 3 95% 5 left!
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 93% 2 left!
Devotional Commentary: Apocalypse 85%
Emotions
PL pls: DPL DPL 43 27-28
CJZJR

Post by CJZJR »

Charles Zwick Jr. will be just fine. I have no personal website.
Thanks for this opportunity to serve.
I will keep an eye out in the magic window for the official assignment.

Charles :)
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

I would like to claim #40, The Thirty-nine Articles of the Church of England A.D. 1563 and 1571, please.
Jim in Ohio

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Both assigned!
Emotions
CJZJR

Post by CJZJR »

Thanks for the assignment!

Questions about the proper title introduction for these sections.
Should the copy to introduce #38 be: “The Heidelberg or Palatinate Catechism Question 1-74, A.D. 1563”, as listed in the Magic window title?
OR
Should it be: “Catechism or Christian Instruction, as conducted in the Churches and Schools of the Electoral PaLatinate, printed in the Electoral City of Heidelberg by John Mayer. 1563. (This is the title in the text which begins on page 307)? then followed by “Question 1”
If the first, then after standard introduction copy, do I begin reading with printed title in text on page 307? Or simply Magic Window Title followed by “Question 1.”

Additionally,
Should the copy to introduce #39 be: “The Heidelberg or Palatinate Catechism Question 75-127, A.D. 1563”, as listed in the Magic window title? Followed by standard Librivox protocol copy, Followed by Section title on page 332: “Of The Holy Supper Of The Lord, Question 75.”?
OR
“Catechism or Christian Instruction, as conducted in the Churches and Schools of the Electoral PaLatinate, printed in the Electoral City of Heidelberg by John Mayer. 1563. (This is the title in the text which begins on page 307)? Followed by standard Librivox protocol copy, Followed by Section title on page 332 : “Of The Holy Supper Of The Lord, Question 75.”?

Thanks for clarification on these issues because the Section 39 division seems to be arbitrary due to length rather than to follow the work as a whole. And, the title of the Magic Window not matching the text. Thank you for your guidance. My aim is to please.

cjzjr
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

CJZJR wrote: June 3rd, 2021, 7:30 pm Thanks for the assignment!

Questions about the proper title introduction for these sections.
Should the copy to introduce #38 be: “The Heidelberg or Palatinate Catechism Question 1-74, A.D. 1563”, as listed in the Magic window title?
OR
Should it be: “Catechism or Christian Instruction, as conducted in the Churches and Schools of the Electoral PaLatinate, printed in the Electoral City of Heidelberg by John Mayer. 1563. (This is the title in the text which begins on page 307)? then followed by “Question 1”
If the first, then after standard introduction copy, do I begin reading with printed title in text on page 307? Or simply Magic Window Title followed by “Question 1.”

Additionally,
Should the copy to introduce #39 be: “The Heidelberg or Palatinate Catechism Question 75-127, A.D. 1563”, as listed in the Magic window title? Followed by standard Librivox protocol copy, Followed by Section title on page 332: “Of The Holy Supper Of The Lord, Question 75.”?
OR
“Catechism or Christian Instruction, as conducted in the Churches and Schools of the Electoral PaLatinate, printed in the Electoral City of Heidelberg by John Mayer. 1563. (This is the title in the text which begins on page 307)? Followed by standard Librivox protocol copy, Followed by Section title on page 332 : “Of The Holy Supper Of The Lord, Question 75.”?

Thanks for clarification on these issues because the Section 39 division seems to be arbitrary due to length rather than to follow the work as a whole. And, the title of the Magic Window not matching the text. Thank you for your guidance. My aim is to please.

cjzjr
Here you go:
  • “The Heidelberg or Palatinate Catechism Question 1-74, A.D. 1563”
  • simply Magic Window Title followed by “Question 1.” (not the notes)
  • “The Heidelberg or Palatinate Catechism Question 75-127, A.D. 1563”

Hope that helps!
Emotions
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

TriciaG wrote:
Hi Tricia,

Could you add a section 0 to this project for me? I've decided to read Schaff's introduction to give a bit more context. (https://archive.org/details/creedschristend07schagoog/page/n30/mode/1up)
Emotions
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Done!
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Emotions