[COMPLETE] Out of the Closet: A Collection of Early LGBTQ+ Fiction-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
NancyHalper

Post by NancyHalper »

Can I please read section 17 "There and Here" by Alice Brown?
Nancy
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

NancyHalper wrote: February 27th, 2021, 12:56 pm Can I please read section 17 "There and Here" by Alice Brown?
That would be excellent! Thank you!
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
cleosteinhauser

Post by cleosteinhauser »

Hi!
I would like to read section 26 of Out of the Closet. The Two Gentlemen of Kentucky (part two) by James Lane Allen (1849-1925) section.
Thank you,
Cleo
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

cleosteinhauser wrote: March 1st, 2021, 1:25 pm Hi!
I would like to read section 26 of Out of the Closet. The Two Gentlemen of Kentucky (part two) by James Lane Allen (1849-1925) section.
Thank you,
Cleo
Hi cleosteinhauser! Welcome to Librivox!

I'd be happy to give this section over to you. However, before I can do this at an official capacity, I need you to complete two minor tasks:

1) Please head over to the Listener's Wanted section and record your 1-minute test. This is not an audition to record, but rather a way for us to make sure that all of your settings are correct. Once someone has approved your recording, you should be all set to volunteer and record.

2) I'll also need to know what you'd like to use for your catalogue name (your real name, a pseudonym, or just your username...?). Please let me know so I can add you to the catalogue.

For now, I'll just hold this section for you at an unofficial capacity.
PROJECTS
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
cavaet

Post by cavaet »

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/outofthecloset_02_various_128kb.mp3

Length 39:09

Section Two. In the Tules, by Bret Harte
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

cavaet wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 2:59 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/outofthecloset_02_various_128kb.mp3

Length 39:09

Section Two. In the Tules, by Bret Harte
Thank you so much! I'll get to this as soon as I can! :-)
PROJECTS
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Hello, ChuckW,

I was wondering whether you still need any help with PLing. If it is so, I could do Section 28 (Paul's case).

I understand the level requested is Standard.

Regards
Jasna

Second to the right and then straight on till morning.
devantatlow

Post by devantatlow »

ChuckW wrote: February 6th, 2021, 6:43 am
devantatlow wrote: February 5th, 2021, 2:13 pm
ChuckW wrote: February 5th, 2021, 10:06 am

Since the standard turnaround time for LV recordings is two months, I think this should be fine. I'm also happy to give you extra time if needed. I'll reach out at around mid-March to check in on your status. For now though, I'll go ahead and give you those two sections. Thanks again for helping us out! You actually picked one of the rarest stories from the collection. :D
Thanks so much for being understanding! I'll try to get it to you as soon as I can, but February is quite a busy month for me. I am excited to read this story and got an idea of how rare it is by the fact that when I googled the story, this LV project was the second result. Any idea why the story is so rare?
I’m not sure, exactly. I presume it’s the victim of low print runs, but so was Stevenson’s The Intersexes and it’s freely available on HathiTrust. I’m honestly surprised I was able to find a PDF scan anywhere!

Looking forward to hearing your version of this story. And no rush—please take your time with this one. We’re not going anywhere.
Here is part 1!
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/outofthecloset_31_various_128kb.mp3 (30:16)
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Dulcamara wrote: March 10th, 2021, 9:19 am Hello, ChuckW,

I was wondering whether you still need any help with PLing. If it is so, I could do Section 28 (Paul's case).

Regards
Oooof. Honestly, I would really appreciate it. I've been meaning to do it for a while, but work has been ramping up pretty heavily this week. Thanks for the offer! This should help me catch up on everything.
PROJECTS
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

devantatlow wrote: March 10th, 2021, 11:18 am
ChuckW wrote: February 6th, 2021, 6:43 am
devantatlow wrote: February 5th, 2021, 2:13 pm

Thanks so much for being understanding! I'll try to get it to you as soon as I can, but February is quite a busy month for me. I am excited to read this story and got an idea of how rare it is by the fact that when I googled the story, this LV project was the second result. Any idea why the story is so rare?
I’m not sure, exactly. I presume it’s the victim of low print runs, but so was Stevenson’s The Intersexes and it’s freely available on HathiTrust. I’m honestly surprised I was able to find a PDF scan anywhere!

Looking forward to hearing your version of this story. And no rush—please take your time with this one. We’re not going anywhere.
Here is part 1!
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/outofthecloset_31_various_128kb.mp3 (30:16)
Woohoo! Thank you so much!

I'll try to listen to this soon.
PROJECTS
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

ChuckW wrote: March 10th, 2021, 6:48 pm
Dulcamara wrote: March 10th, 2021, 9:19 am Hello, ChuckW,

Regards
Oooof. Honestly, I would really appreciate it. I've been meaning to do it for a while, but work has been ramping up pretty heavily this week. Thanks for the offer! This should help me catch up on everything.
Thank you, ChuckW. I'm starting today. :D
Jasna

NancyHalper

Post by NancyHalper »

Nancy
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

NancyHalper wrote: March 12th, 2021, 8:07 am Section 17 uploaded (35:04)

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/outofthecloset_17_various_128kb.mp3
Thank you so much! I'll try to find some PL time this weekend.
PROJECTS
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Hello, ChuckW,

Section 28, Paul's case, is PL OK.

Regards
Jasna

ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Dulcamara wrote: March 12th, 2021, 9:52 am Hello, ChuckW,

Section 28, Paul's case, is PL OK.

Regards
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
PROJECTS