[ Poetry] April Twilights and Other Poems by Willa Sibert Cather -jo

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
mleigh
Posts: 572
Joined: May 31st, 2020, 2:19 pm
Location: New Mexico

Post by mleigh » January 22nd, 2021, 5:15 pm

The following sections are ready for Pl:

13 “I Sought the Wood in Winter”
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/apriltwilights_13_cather_128kb.mp3
2:05

15 In Rose-Time
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/apriltwilights_15_cather_128kb.mp3
1:25

Thanks,

M

KevinS
Posts: 10561
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » January 24th, 2021, 4:47 pm

mleigh wrote:
January 22nd, 2021, 5:15 pm
The following sections are ready for Pl:

13 “I Sought the Wood in Winter”
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/apriltwilights_13_cather_128kb.mp3
2:05

15 In Rose-Time
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/apriltwilights_15_cather_128kb.mp3
1:25

Thanks,

M
PL OK!
Not feeling well. I'll get back to work as soon as possible. My LibriVox: https://librivox.org/sections/readers/13278

KevinS
Posts: 10561
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » January 24th, 2021, 4:48 pm

PL OK!

32 is especially good!
Not feeling well. I'll get back to work as soon as possible. My LibriVox: https://librivox.org/sections/readers/13278

KevinS
Posts: 10561
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » January 24th, 2021, 4:49 pm

Not feeling well. I'll get back to work as soon as possible. My LibriVox: https://librivox.org/sections/readers/13278

KevinS
Posts: 10561
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » January 24th, 2021, 4:50 pm

alanmapstone wrote:
January 22nd, 2021, 4:23 am
Section 7 - London Roses

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/apriltwilights_07_cather_128kb.mp3
1.35
PL OK!
Not feeling well. I'll get back to work as soon as possible. My LibriVox: https://librivox.org/sections/readers/13278

KevinS
Posts: 10561
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » January 24th, 2021, 4:52 pm

M,

It looks like the MW needs some updating.

This is a very nice project!
Not feeling well. I'll get back to work as soon as possible. My LibriVox: https://librivox.org/sections/readers/13278

alanmapstone
Posts: 2542
Joined: February 15th, 2012, 12:20 pm
Location: Oxford

Post by alanmapstone » January 24th, 2021, 6:27 pm

alanmapstone wrote:
January 22nd, 2021, 4:23 am

Can I add sections 8 & 14 to my list?

Glad you decided to use the short disclaimer :thumbs:
alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose

LangeM
Posts: 20
Joined: December 7th, 2020, 6:25 pm

Post by LangeM » January 24th, 2021, 6:39 pm

I have a question about No. 10, In Media Vita. As I was researching the poem I came across a version that has a different word: 3rd stanza, 3rd line reads "hot" lads in the version at the Willa Cather Archives and the WC Center, whereas the Guttenberg and Google books version as it as "young lads". What do you think?
ML

KevinS
Posts: 10561
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » January 24th, 2021, 6:52 pm

LangeM wrote:
January 24th, 2021, 6:39 pm
I have a question about No. 10, In Media Vita. As I was researching the poem I came across a version that has a different word: 3rd stanza, 3rd line reads "hot" lads in the version at the Willa Cather Archives and the WC Center, whereas the Guttenberg and Google books version as it as "young lads". What do you think?
ML
Poets! They are always changing their minds!

The version here for LibriVox is the 1923 version. I see that 'hot' appears in the 1903 version, but we are led to believe that Ms. Cather changed the text. (Maybe for good reason.)
Not feeling well. I'll get back to work as soon as possible. My LibriVox: https://librivox.org/sections/readers/13278

mleigh
Posts: 572
Joined: May 31st, 2020, 2:19 pm
Location: New Mexico

Post by mleigh » January 24th, 2021, 6:55 pm


mleigh
Posts: 572
Joined: May 31st, 2020, 2:19 pm
Location: New Mexico

Post by mleigh » January 24th, 2021, 6:58 pm

alanmapstone wrote:
January 22nd, 2021, 4:23 am
Section 7 - London Roses

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/apriltwilights_07_cather_128kb.mp3
1.35

I hope my attempt to sound like a cockney flower girl is less awful than Audrey Hepburn in My Fair Lady :lol:

Can I add sections 8 & 14 to my list?

Glad you decided to use the short disclaimer :thumbs:
How about Audrey's singing? :wink:

Thanks for the pointer on finding the shorter disclaimer - it is much nicer.

And, I have added sections 8 and 14 for you.

Thanks,

M

mleigh
Posts: 572
Joined: May 31st, 2020, 2:19 pm
Location: New Mexico

Post by mleigh » January 24th, 2021, 7:01 pm

brucek wrote:
January 22nd, 2021, 8:49 am
I would like to claim sections 5, 12, 19, 21 and 29.

Thanks,
Bruce.


Thank you - I have given you the requested sections.

M

mleigh
Posts: 572
Joined: May 31st, 2020, 2:19 pm
Location: New Mexico

Post by mleigh » January 24th, 2021, 7:03 pm

KevinS wrote:
January 24th, 2021, 6:52 pm
LangeM wrote:
January 24th, 2021, 6:39 pm
I have a question about No. 10, In Media Vita. As I was researching the poem I came across a version that has a different word: 3rd stanza, 3rd line reads "hot" lads in the version at the Willa Cather Archives and the WC Center, whereas the Guttenberg and Google books version as it as "young lads". What do you think?
ML
Poets! They are always changing their minds!

The version here for LibriVox is the 1923 version. I see that 'hot' appears in the 1903 version, but we are led to believe that Ms. Cather changed the text. (Maybe for good reason.)
I agree with Kevin. She must have decided that she liked this version better. M

mleigh
Posts: 572
Joined: May 31st, 2020, 2:19 pm
Location: New Mexico

Post by mleigh » January 24th, 2021, 7:09 pm

Kevin - I've posted section 28, The Swedish Mother for PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/apriltwilights_28_cather_128kb.mp3
2:48

Thanks,

M

I do like Willa Cather's writings - my first experience with her was My Antonia for high school English many moons ago. :)

RomaSingh
Posts: 153
Joined: September 17th, 2020, 1:01 pm

Post by RomaSingh » January 24th, 2021, 9:32 pm


Post Reply