[OPEN][POETRY]"Heart of Spring", by Shaw Neilson-mtf

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 2294
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » January 22nd, 2021, 10:43 pm

loupo wrote:
January 22nd, 2021, 9:43 am
Hi hi

Rightho, Happy Friday all. I've uploaded number 4, Petticoat Green. Length 3 mins 23 sec.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/heartofspring_4_neilson_128kb.mp3

Could I please add a few more to my list? If they are free I'm happy to record 18 'Little Dead Milliner', 33, 'You, And Yellow Air' and 55 'At the End of Spring'.

Lou
Hi Lou,

Can I please get you to resubmit the mp3 file with the filename as heartofspring_04_neilson_128kb.mp3 rather than as heartofspring_4_neilson_128kb.mp3 ...?

Without the preceding zero, the fourth section will mistakenly catalogue out of order just after section 39.

In the meantime, I'll sign you up to those additional three poems you requested.

Thanks,
Chris
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
APOD

George Essex Evans Roderic Quinn Mary Hannay Foott Marie E. J. Pitt James Hebblethwaite Shaw Neilson

SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 2294
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » January 22nd, 2021, 10:47 pm

mleigh wrote:
January 22nd, 2021, 4:35 pm
Here is my first feeble attempt:

2 Green Singer

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/heartofspring_02_neilson_128kb.mp3
1:11

Please let me know of any problems.

Thanks,

M
Nicely done, M ! PL-OK

Thanks,
Chris
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
APOD

George Essex Evans Roderic Quinn Mary Hannay Foott Marie E. J. Pitt James Hebblethwaite Shaw Neilson

loupo
Posts: 54
Joined: October 27th, 2020, 9:29 am

Post by loupo » January 23rd, 2021, 8:14 am

Sorry, amended:


https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/heartofspring_04_neilson_128kb.mp3

SonOfTheExiles wrote:
January 22nd, 2021, 10:43 pm
loupo wrote:
January 22nd, 2021, 9:43 am
Hi hi

Rightho, Happy Friday all. I've uploaded number 4, Petticoat Green. Length 3 mins 23 sec.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/heartofspring_4_neilson_128kb.mp3

Could I please add a few more to my list? If they are free I'm happy to record 18 'Little Dead Milliner', 33, 'You, And Yellow Air' and 55 'At the End of Spring'.

Lou
Hi Lou,

Can I please get you to resubmit the mp3 file with the filename as heartofspring_04_neilson_128kb.mp3 rather than as heartofspring_4_neilson_128kb.mp3 ...?

Without the preceding zero, the fourth section will mistakenly catalogue out of order just after section 39.

In the meantime, I'll sign you up to those additional three poems you requested.

Thanks,
Chris

loupo
Posts: 54
Joined: October 27th, 2020, 9:29 am

Post by loupo » January 24th, 2021, 7:27 am


holtonhj64
Posts: 9
Joined: January 7th, 2021, 9:52 am

Post by holtonhj64 » January 24th, 2021, 7:48 am

I'd like to claim section 20, Sheedy was dying, pg. 34
Holtonhj64

loupo
Posts: 54
Joined: October 27th, 2020, 9:29 am

Post by loupo » January 24th, 2021, 8:03 am

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/heartofspring_33_neilson_128kb.mp3

Section 33 - You and Yellow Air - track length 1.50.13

Cheers
Lou

holtonhj64
Posts: 9
Joined: January 7th, 2021, 9:52 am

Post by holtonhj64 » January 24th, 2021, 8:24 am


loupo
Posts: 54
Joined: October 27th, 2020, 9:29 am

Post by loupo » January 24th, 2021, 8:32 am

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/heartofspring_55_neilson_128kb.mp3

Section 55 - At the End of Spring - track length 1.16.07

Last for the day.
Lou

BeckyWTX
Posts: 55
Joined: November 10th, 2020, 5:07 pm

Post by BeckyWTX » January 24th, 2021, 4:15 pm

#22 The Meeting of Sighs uploaded
Duration 1:7:50

The volume is 86.9dB

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/heartofspring_22_neilson_128kb.mp3

Please advise of any changes you would like. Thanks
BeckyWTX

mleigh
Posts: 572
Joined: May 31st, 2020, 2:19 pm
Location: New Mexico

Post by mleigh » January 24th, 2021, 7:28 pm

Here are several poems for you:

12 Julie Callaway
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/heartofspring_12_neilson_128kb.mp3
2:35

43 The Child We Lost
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/heartofspring_43_neilson_128kb.mp3
2:53

47 All The World's A Lolly-Shop
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/heartofspring_47_neilson_128kb.mp3
2:01

50 The Wedding In September
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/heartofspring_50_neilson_128kb.mp3
3:00

Please let me know of any problems.

Thanks,

M

FrigidBones
Posts: 26
Joined: May 3rd, 2020, 2:09 pm

Post by FrigidBones » January 24th, 2021, 10:34 pm

Hi!

Can I take 39 and 53?

Thanks!

alanmapstone
Posts: 2542
Joined: February 15th, 2012, 12:20 pm
Location: Oxford

Post by alanmapstone » January 25th, 2021, 9:31 am

alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose

SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 2294
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » January 25th, 2021, 7:41 pm

Wow, Louise, what a voice! :clap:

I don't know whether you are a professional voice-artist or have been on the stage, but like an actress making a role your own, you have a splendid ability to make these poems sound as though you have lovingly crafted them yourself.

You simply must check out our Dramatic forum if you have the time: viewforum.php?f=27 Everyone reads their role separately and they are then assembled into the final play. Your voice and style would be a wonderful addition to many of the current plays.

All Sections are PL-OK.

Thanks,
Chris
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
APOD

George Essex Evans Roderic Quinn Mary Hannay Foott Marie E. J. Pitt James Hebblethwaite Shaw Neilson

SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 2294
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » January 25th, 2021, 7:44 pm

holtonhj64 wrote:
January 24th, 2021, 7:48 am
I'd like to claim section 20, Sheedy was dying, pg. 34
Holtonhj64
Thank you, signing you up.

Cheers,
Chris
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
APOD

George Essex Evans Roderic Quinn Mary Hannay Foott Marie E. J. Pitt James Hebblethwaite Shaw Neilson

SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 2294
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » January 25th, 2021, 7:56 pm

BeckyWTX wrote:
January 24th, 2021, 4:15 pm
#22 The Meeting of Sighs uploaded
Duration 1:7:50

The volume is 86.9dB

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/heartofspring_22_neilson_128kb.mp3

Please advise of any changes you would like. Thanks
BeckyWTX
Very feelingly read, Becky, with a nicely done little touch of mischief in your voice. :clap:

Thanks,
Chris
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
APOD

George Essex Evans Roderic Quinn Mary Hannay Foott Marie E. J. Pitt James Hebblethwaite Shaw Neilson

Post Reply