[POETRY]The Poems of James Hebblethwaite - tg

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles » February 5th, 2021, 10:17 pm

SimonaLovin wrote:
January 31st, 2021, 9:33 pm
Hi! I have uploaded section 55 to https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/poems_55_hebblethwaite_128kb.mp3. Duration 1:38.

Thanks!

Simona
Thanks, Simona, queued for PL.

Cheers,
Chris
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
APOD

George Essex Evans Roderic Quinn Mary Hannay Foott Marie E. J. Pitt James Hebblethwaite Shaw Neilson

SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles » February 5th, 2021, 10:21 pm

"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
APOD

George Essex Evans Roderic Quinn Mary Hannay Foott Marie E. J. Pitt James Hebblethwaite Shaw Neilson

brucek

Post by brucek » February 6th, 2021, 8:34 am

I would like to claim sections 25, 26, 27, 30, 35 and 36.

Sections 26 and 27 seem to be in reverse order in the MW.

Thanks,
Bruce.

SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles » February 6th, 2021, 2:41 pm

brucek wrote:
February 6th, 2021, 8:34 am
I would like to claim sections 25, 26, 27, 30, 35 and 36.

Sections 26 and 27 seem to be in reverse order in the MW.

Thanks,
Bruce.
Thanks, Bruce, signing you up.

Cheers,
Chris
APOD

geoscoutCJ

Post by geoscoutCJ » February 6th, 2021, 4:32 pm

Hi Chris,

This is my first recording. :) I would like to show up as Caleb Stagayama in the LibriVox catalog. Can I take section 40, The Channel?

Regards,
Caleb

SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles » February 6th, 2021, 4:45 pm

geoscoutCJ wrote:
February 6th, 2021, 4:32 pm
Hi Chris,

This is my first recording. :) I would like to show up as Caleb Stagayama in the LibriVox catalog. Can I take section 40, The Channel?

Regards,
Caleb
Hello, Caleb, and welcome to Librivox!

I can reserve Section 40 for you for up to one month. This will give you the time to complete your one-minute-test, which we recommend, before you start recording anything in a project.

The test's purpose is to check that your technical settings are all up to LV standard. You can read all about it here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

Please post the test in the Listeners Wanted forum: viewforum.php?f=21 and someone will check it and give you feedback or advice if needed.

As soon as the test is ok'ed, please post the results back here, and then I can assign you the sections officially.

A good practice is to install the Checker app on your computer. It is used to check the technical settings of your recordings, including the volume. It can be found here, along with instructions for use... https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Checker Its three general outcomes are "PASS", "FAIL", and "PASSED WITH WARNINGS". A "FAIL" probably means the tech settings are wrong. A "PASSED WITH WARNINGS" probably means the recording is either too loud or too soft ... when this is the case, the MP3 can be easily fixed using the MP3GAIN app, which you should also install on your computer. It can be found here... https://mp3gain.en.softonic.com/ Set the Target Normal Volume to 89.0, run a Track Analysis, then if it's not 89, run a Track Gain, and it will adjust your MP3 file to approx 89. Very quick and easy. Now run the adjusted MP3 file through the Checker app again, and the “PASSED WITH WARNINGS” message should be replaced by a “PASS” message.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. :)

Good luck with the test !

Chris
APOD

SimonaLovin

Post by SimonaLovin » February 6th, 2021, 7:43 pm

Hi Tricia,

I have uploaded section 56 to https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/poems_56_hebblethwaite_128kb.mp3. Duration 4:03. Could you please confirm you're able to listen to both 55 and 56?

Thanks!
Simona

geoscoutCJ

Post by geoscoutCJ » February 7th, 2021, 9:20 am

SonOfTheExiles wrote:
February 6th, 2021, 4:45 pm
geoscoutCJ wrote:
February 6th, 2021, 4:32 pm
Hi Chris,

Regards,
Caleb
Hello, Caleb, and welcome to Librivox!

I can reserve Section 40 for you for up to one month. This will give you the time to complete your one-minute-test, which we recommend, before you start recording anything in a project.

The test's purpose is to check that your technical settings are all up to LV standard. You can read all about it here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

Please post the test in the Listeners Wanted forum: viewforum.php?f=21 and someone will check it and give you feedback or advice if needed.

As soon as the test is ok'ed, please post the results back here, and then I can assign you the sections officially.

A good practice is to install the Checker app on your computer. It is used to check the technical settings of your recordings, including the volume. It can be found here, along with instructions for use... https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Checker Its three general outcomes are "PASS", "FAIL", and "PASSED WITH WARNINGS". A "FAIL" probably means the tech settings are wrong. A "PASSED WITH WARNINGS" probably means the recording is either too loud or too soft ... when this is the case, the MP3 can be easily fixed using the MP3GAIN app, which you should also install on your computer. It can be found here... https://mp3gain.en.softonic.com/ Set the Target Normal Volume to 89.0, run a Track Analysis, then if it's not 89, run a Track Gain, and it will adjust your MP3 file to approx 89. Very quick and easy. Now run the adjusted MP3 file through the Checker app again, and the “PASSED WITH WARNINGS” message should be replaced by a “PASS” message.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. :)

Good luck with the test !

Chris
Hi Chris,

Thanks for getting back to me and for the provisional approval.

I should have been more specific when I made my comment. This is my first "real" recording after the test. Here is my post with the approved test recording: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=85474&p=1849722#p1849722

Is there anything else you need from me before I record and upload the section?

Regards,
Caleb

alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone » February 9th, 2021, 3:51 am

alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose

WanderingWalker

Post by WanderingWalker » February 10th, 2021, 2:26 pm

Hi is my section 63 prisoners of hope ok
WW

SimonaLovin

Post by SimonaLovin » February 13th, 2021, 5:16 pm

Hi! Wanted to make sure you got section 56: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/poems_56_hebblethwaite_128kb.mp3. Duration 4:03.

Thanks!
Simona

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » February 13th, 2021, 5:28 pm

It appears that our BC has gone on walkabout. :lol:

I've updated the Magic Window with all the activity that has taken place in posts since February 9. Please post if I missed something.

I'll PM the BC to make sure he's directed back home.
We're MARCHing to the finish line! Join our project cleanup month initiative. Details HERE

SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles » February 14th, 2021, 6:16 pm

TriciaG wrote:
February 13th, 2021, 5:28 pm
It appears that our BC has gone on walkabout. :lol:

I've updated the Magic Window with all the activity that has taken place in posts since February 9. Please post if I missed something.

I'll PM the BC to make sure he's directed back home.
Well, "truckabout", more like. :wink:

Time to catch up.

Thanks,
Chris
APOD