[POETRY]"The Horses of the Hills, and other Verses", by Marie E. J. Pitt - dl

Short Poetry Collections, Short Story Collections, and our Weekly Poetry Project
Post Reply
WhiskeySong
Posts: 27
Joined: December 25th, 2020, 9:14 pm
Contact:

Post by WhiskeySong » January 3rd, 2021, 12:54 am

My Daw shows 5 seconds after the sound wave ends for 0. I will shave off one second, but now I will not be sure if I'm accurate going forward.
Renaissance Woman
Life isn't about surviving the storm, but if we dance in the rain!

WhiskeySong
Posts: 27
Joined: December 25th, 2020, 9:14 pm
Contact:

Post by WhiskeySong » January 3rd, 2021, 1:00 am

My DAW shows only 4 seconds after the sound wave stops. fyi

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/horsesofthehills_00_pitt_128kb.mp3
Renaissance Woman
Life isn't about surviving the storm, but if we dance in the rain!

alanmapstone
Posts: 2413
Joined: February 15th, 2012, 12:20 pm
Location: Oxford

Post by alanmapstone » January 3rd, 2021, 4:26 am

Section 15 - Briton and Boer

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/horsesofthehill_15_pitt_128kb.mp3
1.27

Can I add 21 43 48 :D
alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose

SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 2092
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » January 3rd, 2021, 3:13 pm

WhiskeySong wrote:
January 3rd, 2021, 1:00 am
My DAW shows only 4 seconds after the sound wave stops. fyi

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/horsesofthehills_00_pitt_128kb.mp3
Thank you, queued for Spot PL.

Cheers,
Chris
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
APOD

Victor J Daley George Essex Evans Roderic Quinn Mary Hannay Foott Marie E. J. Pitt James Hebblethwaite Shaw Neilson

SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 2092
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » January 3rd, 2021, 3:16 pm

alanmapstone wrote:
January 3rd, 2021, 4:26 am
Section 15 - Briton and Boer

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/horsesofthehill_15_pitt_128kb.mp3
1.27

Can I add 21 43 48 :D
Queued for PL, and 21 43 48 assigned.

Thanks,
Chris
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
APOD

Victor J Daley George Essex Evans Roderic Quinn Mary Hannay Foott Marie E. J. Pitt James Hebblethwaite Shaw Neilson

chancebarker
Posts: 6
Joined: December 20th, 2020, 12:14 pm

Post by chancebarker » January 3rd, 2021, 4:56 pm

(Edit)
I would like:

Part 31: The Talisman
Part 38: Song Of The Ax
Part 6: The Myrtle Mountain
Part 7: Woman


Blessings,
~Chance
Last edited by chancebarker on January 3rd, 2021, 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blessings,
~Chance

cadastra
Posts: 956
Joined: March 19th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Post by cadastra » January 3rd, 2021, 7:03 pm

WhiskeySong wrote:
January 3rd, 2021, 1:00 am
My DAW shows only 4 seconds after the sound wave stops. fyi

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/horsesofthehills_00_pitt_128kb.mp3
WhiskeySong wrote:
January 3rd, 2021, 12:54 am
My Daw shows 5 seconds after the sound wave ends for 0. I will shave off one second, but now I will not be sure if I'm accurate going forward.
The silence at the end of the recording is now spot-on and Section 0 is PL OK! How strange that you are seeing it differently from your end... Anyways, thanks for working with me to get it perfect!
My LibriVox
Jan. 10-12 & 20-26 - working ICU and may check forums/PL less frequently

cadastra
Posts: 956
Joined: March 19th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Post by cadastra » January 3rd, 2021, 7:12 pm

alanmapstone wrote:
January 3rd, 2021, 4:26 am
Section 15 - Briton and Boer

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/horsesofthehill_15_pitt_128kb.mp3
1.27

Can I add 21 43 48 :D
Section 15 is PL OK!
My LibriVox
Jan. 10-12 & 20-26 - working ICU and may check forums/PL less frequently

silverquill
Posts: 15963
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » January 4th, 2021, 9:15 am

49 with correction:
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/horsesofthehills_49_pitt_128kb.mp3

Same time.
Thanks for the good catch!
~ Larry

adrianstephens
Posts: 1440
Joined: August 27th, 2019, 5:06 am
Location: Cambridge UK
Contact:

Post by adrianstephens » January 4th, 2021, 1:03 pm

Would you please give me the first 5 opens. Thanks, Adrian
My Librivox-related YouTube series starts here: Part 0: Introduction. https://youtu.be/pMHYycgA5VU
...
Part 15: Case Study (Poem) https://youtu.be/41sr_VC1Qxo
Part 16: Case Study 2 (Dramatic Reading) https://youtu.be/GBIAd469vnM

SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 2092
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » January 4th, 2021, 1:57 pm

adrianstephens wrote:
January 4th, 2021, 1:03 pm
Would you please give me the first 5 opens. Thanks, Adrian
2,6,7,9,10 assigned.

Thanks,
Chris
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
APOD

Victor J Daley George Essex Evans Roderic Quinn Mary Hannay Foott Marie E. J. Pitt James Hebblethwaite Shaw Neilson

SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 2092
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » January 4th, 2021, 2:01 pm

silverquill wrote:
January 4th, 2021, 9:15 am
49 with correction:
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/horsesofthehills_49_pitt_128kb.mp3

Same time.
Thanks for the good catch!
Queued for Spot PL.

Thanks,
Chris
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
APOD

Victor J Daley George Essex Evans Roderic Quinn Mary Hannay Foott Marie E. J. Pitt James Hebblethwaite Shaw Neilson

SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 2092
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » January 4th, 2021, 2:05 pm

chancebarker wrote:
January 3rd, 2021, 4:56 pm
(Edit)
I would like:

Part 31: The Talisman
Part 38: Song Of The Ax
Part 6: The Myrtle Mountain
Part 7: Woman


Blessings,
~Chance
Hi, and welcome to Librivox! I've assigned you 31 and 38 to begin with.

Thanks,
Chris
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
APOD

Victor J Daley George Essex Evans Roderic Quinn Mary Hannay Foott Marie E. J. Pitt James Hebblethwaite Shaw Neilson

chancebarker
Posts: 6
Joined: December 20th, 2020, 12:14 pm

Post by chancebarker » January 4th, 2021, 11:36 pm

SonOfTheExiles wrote:
January 4th, 2021, 2:05 pm
chancebarker wrote:
January 3rd, 2021, 4:56 pm
(Edit)
I would like:

Part 31: The Talisman
Part 38: Song Of The Ax
Part 6: The Myrtle Mountain
Part 7: Woman


Blessings,
~Chance
Hi, and welcome to Librivox! I've assigned you 31 and 38 to begin with.

Thanks,
Chris

Thanks Chris!
Blessings,
~Chance

adrianstephens
Posts: 1440
Joined: August 27th, 2019, 5:06 am
Location: Cambridge UK
Contact:

Post by adrianstephens » January 5th, 2021, 4:59 am

My Librivox-related YouTube series starts here: Part 0: Introduction. https://youtu.be/pMHYycgA5VU
...
Part 15: Case Study (Poem) https://youtu.be/41sr_VC1Qxo
Part 16: Case Study 2 (Dramatic Reading) https://youtu.be/GBIAd469vnM

Post Reply