COMPLETE: English Lit for Boys & Girls - H. E. Marshall - pc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Peaceblossom

Post by Peaceblossom »

Hello Again, and thanks for your help! Here is the corrected version of Section 31. :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/englishlitboysandgirls_31_marshall_128kb.mp3
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Peaceblossom wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 11:34 am Hello Again, and thanks for your help! Here is the corrected version of Section 31. :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/englishlitboysandgirls_31_marshall_128kb.mp3
Thanks! I will listen to it in the next day or two. Please also include the running time.

Lynda
Peaceblossom

Post by Peaceblossom »

Lmnei wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 11:58 am
Peaceblossom wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 11:34 am Hello Again, and thanks for your help! Here is the corrected version of Section 31. :)

Thanks! I will listen to it in the next day or two. Please also include the running time.

Lynda

18:33. Sorry about the omission. Thank you for your help and encouragement! peaceblossom
AlongsideMom

Post by AlongsideMom »

If not already taken, I'll volunteer for the last two open sections, 60 & 72 :) MY daughter will be in this book this year for her homeschool curriculum, AmblesideOnline! :clap:

(If someone could give me advice as to how to handle the asterisks, I'd appreciate it! :thumbs: )
Brooke Favorat
Homeschool mom of 5
www.alongsidemom.com
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

AlongsideMom wrote: August 5th, 2021, 9:36 am If not already taken, I'll volunteer for the last two open sections, 60 & 72 :) MY daughter will be in this book this year for her homeschool curriculum, AmblesideOnline! :clap:

(If someone could give me advice as to how to handle the asterisks, I'd appreciate it! :thumbs: )
Those two sections are yours. And your daughter can listen to YOU reading some, eh? What do you mean help with the asterisks?
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
AlongsideMom

Post by AlongsideMom »

philchenevert wrote: August 5th, 2021, 12:07 pm
AlongsideMom wrote: August 5th, 2021, 9:36 am If not already taken, I'll volunteer for the last two open sections, 60 & 72 :) MY daughter will be in this book this year for her homeschool curriculum, AmblesideOnline! :clap:

Thank you, yay! As I was liking the section over, at least section 60 had several poems with a few footnotes after each few stanzas. Just wondering if they are to be noted or ignored? I think they are aids to vocabulary or pronunciation.

Those two sections are yours. And your daughter can listen to YOU reading some, eh? What do you mean help with the asterisks?
Brooke Favorat
Homeschool mom of 5
www.alongsidemom.com
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi there - the asterisk means there is a Footnote. When you run into an asterisk in the text please say Footnote (what the text says next to the asterisk usually at the end of the para) End Footnote and then keep on reading.

Please let me know if that does not make sense :)

Lynda
AlongsideMom

Post by AlongsideMom »

Lmnei wrote: August 5th, 2021, 2:59 pm

Hi there - the asterisk means there is a Footnote. When you run into an asterisk in the text please say Footnote (what the text says next to the asterisk usually at the end of the para) End Footnote and then keep on reading.

Lynda
Ok, that is good to know; thank you! I guess it necessitates interrupting the flow of the poetry, then?
Brooke Favorat
Homeschool mom of 5
www.alongsidemom.com
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

AlongsideMom wrote: August 5th, 2021, 3:04 pm
Lmnei wrote: August 5th, 2021, 2:59 pm

Lynda
Ok, that is good to know; thank you! I guess it necessitates interrupting the flow of the poetry, then?
Correct at times.

Lynda
LangeM

Post by LangeM »

Sections 65 and 66 are coming your way soon. :thumbs:
Peas and Lovage
LangeM

Post by LangeM »

Here is Steele, 66. Please note that for all the footnotes I read them exactly where the asterisk was placed within the text, except for the last footnote about the blotting paper and sand. For this one, I placed it after the complete reading of Steele's letter to his wife, as placing it within the text of the letter seemed to interrupt the flow too much. But if you prefer it placed otherwise, I would be happy to change it. Hope all else is tidy and true. :)

Duration is 19:32.

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/englishlitboysandgirls_66_marshall_128kb.mp3
Last edited by LangeM on August 10th, 2021, 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peas and Lovage
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

LangeM wrote: August 10th, 2021, 5:47 pm Here is Steele, 66. Please note that for all the footnotes I read them exactly where the asterisk was placed within the text, except for the last footnote about the blotting paper and sand. For this one, I placed it after the complete reading of Steele's letter to his wife, as placing it within the text of the letter seemed to interrupt the flow too much. But if you prefer it placed otherwise, I would be happy to change it. Hope all else is tidy and true. :)

Duration is 19:32.

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/englishlitboysandgirls_66_marshall_128kb.mp3
Thanks very much! I will PL the section very soon!

Lynda
LangeM

Post by LangeM »

No. 65, Addison is recorded. Just need to edit and will send your way.
Margaret
Peas and Lovage
Peaceblossom

Post by Peaceblossom »

Section 37
21:25

englishlitboysandgirls_37_marshall_128kb.mp3
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Peaceblossom wrote: August 18th, 2021, 7:55 am Section 37
21:25

englishlitboysandgirls_37_marshall_128kb.mp3
You need to use the upload link shown in the first post. once you do that you will get a link that should be posted here. Ask if you need any help.
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk