COMPLETE: English Lit for Boys & Girls - H. E. Marshall - pc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Bookworm360 wrote: April 16th, 2021, 6:15 am May I also claim chapter XLII:the fairy queene?
Done in separate request.
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

EmilyGamboa wrote: April 16th, 2021, 11:14 am Hello!
Here in a recording of myself reading chapter L the revenge.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui=2&ik=f04e90e361&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-a:r5899170626414322893&view=att&disp=safe&realattid=f_knkmpdxs0

Thankyou

Emily Gamboa
Hi Emily -

Thanks for the recording, however I cannot access it as it has not been uploaded per Librivox instructions. In addition, per the Welcome Message that you would have e-mailed, you still need to do your 1 minute recording to test out your set up. Please refer to the email you received when you signed up and do the recording and post it to the Listeners Wanted forum and get it approved first. In the meantime, I will set aside Section 50 for 1 month. Please come back after your test recording is approved and following the Librivox instructions, to do whatever is needed to your recording so that it follows how we need it submitted and then upload it so we can then listen to it for you.

Lynda for Cadestra (Book Coordinator who is away right now).
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Kalamareader wrote: April 16th, 2021, 11:15 am Hi there,

I won't even tell you the round about way I found myself here, as it often happens with me at LV. Anyway, I would like to claim three sections, if I might: 16: When English Slept, 36: The Renaissance and 73: Cowper - "The Task".

It was interesting to learn so much about William Cowper.

Thanks,

Wayne
Thanks Wayne!

Those have been assigned to you now! Have fun!

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

KinoOnik wrote: April 16th, 2021, 1:55 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/death_thom_more_2_Edit_4.mp3

Hello the above is ch38 "The Death Of Sir Thomas Moore" 10m. 27s.

I trust I got the edits completed;

- Needed to add time to the end,

- Increased volume,

- Inserted correct reading of a footnote at 2m 18s,

- Edited the "outro" in keeping with standards.

The edits took me quite a bit of time. I'm not very adept at Audacity. I trust it will come with time and repetition.
For someone who knew what they were doing, it would have taken 3 to 4 minutes.
Basic usage is quite similar to word processing.

TY and please let me know if anything else might need repairing.
Hi there!

Thanks so much for doing the edits! Cadastra is away right now so it is going to be a few days until she can get back to you with feedback on the edits.

In the meantime though can you please open the above file and export it according to the format listed for this book under the Magic Window (the grid on the first page)?

Each book has its own format and it is important that we all follow the naming convention.

Here it is - englishlitboysandgirls_##_marshall_128kb.mp3 So your file name, as it is Chapter 38 would be - englishlitboysandgirls_38_marshall_128kb.mp3

Please copy the link for the exported file into a post in this book so that I can update it prior to Cadastra returning, which will hopefully be after this weekend.

Lynda
KinoOnik

Post by KinoOnik »

Thank you Lynda.

I'm techno-feeble. If I gather right, I can save the export on my drive as follows:

englishlitboyandgirl_38_marshall_128kb.mp3

and then upload it as such, and we should be good?

Thank you!
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

KinoOnik wrote: April 16th, 2021, 11:18 pm Thank you Lynda.

I'm techno-feeble. If I gather right, I can save the export on my drive as follows:

englishlitboyandgirl_38_marshall_128kb.mp3

and then upload it as such, and we should be good?

Thank you!
Correct. When you upload it you will see a link once the upload is complete. Copy that link into this window just like you did for the last one and then we can listen to your recording!

Lynda
KinoOnik

Post by KinoOnik »

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/englishlitboysandgirls_38_marshall_128kb.mp3

I hope this is correct. The checker said volume low. I adjusted it. 10m 27s
KinoOnik

Post by KinoOnik »

Hello to all.
How will I know if I need to make additional edits?
If no add'l edits are required, will I see "PL OK" in the "Magic Window"?
The "PL" for my chapter may be busy.

TY :D
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

KinoOnik wrote: April 19th, 2021, 12:19 pm Hello to all.
How will I know if I need to make additional edits?
If no add'l edits are required, will I see "PL OK" in the "Magic Window"?
The "PL" for my chapter may be busy.

TY :D
You are correct. The person who is going to listen to your chapter is the person whose book it is also called the BC or Book Coordinator. I believe she works in Healthcare and has long shifts. I hopefully will start listening to the chapters that need PL work by tomorrow if she does not surface as I know as a new reader you want feedback.

If there is feedback it will be set to See Pl Notes and the notes will be in this forum. You then make the edits and submit the file again WITH THE SAME NAME. That changes to Spot Check where the person PL'ing will check the areas pointed out that needed work.

If the recording has no feedback OR the Spot PL was good it is then set to PL OK.

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi all -

Sections 17, 18 and 38 are all PL OK now! Great corrections!

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Lmnei wrote: April 16th, 2021, 3:02 pm
RuthP wrote: April 13th, 2021, 2:58 am Here is section 59:

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/englishlitboysandgirls_59_marshall_128kb.mp3

length: 27.41
Thanks Ruth!

It is queued for PL when the BC returns.

Lynda
Hi Ruth! I PL'd this one for you today - it is PL OK except you need to trim the end of the recording down to 5 seconds of silence please....

Lynda
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Lmnei wrote: April 16th, 2021, 3:17 pm
Thanks Wayne!

Those have been assigned to you now! Have fun!

Lynda
It seems link it has been forever since I claimed these three, but I guess it has only been three days. :lol:

Anyway, here are my three:

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/englishlitboysandgirls_16_marshall_128kb.mp3 9:11

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/englishlitboysandgirls_36_marshall_128kb.mp3 10:45

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/englishlitboysandgirls_73_marshall_128kb.mp3 11:45

A couple of comments. Thirty-six was a great short history lesson. Concise and correct.

In 73, 'Koo-per' is the correct pronunciation of "Cowper", weird as it seems.

Have fun,

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Thanks Wayne!

I will put them in the MW and queued for PL...

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

springteacher wrote: April 14th, 2021, 10:32 pm Ready to be checked. (Section 39) https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/englishlitboysandgirls_39_marshall_128kb.mp3 (duration- 14:01) :)
Hi there - here is your PL feedback for Section 39 -

Beginning – please leave silence and start between .5 and 1 second.
From :01 to :20 the volume is very low – please increase the volume in that section only (just highlight the section and then increase the volume)
You sound like you are on a race reading out the introduction – then you slow down for the text which is good – please read the introduction in the future at the same pace as the text. Listen to Section 40 that you did - it is different than this one which is tres vite! (very fast in french)....
9:55 – skip in recording – just cut it out
9:57 – travail needs to rhyme with peril
11:01 – bobble – just cut out
11:10 – heard brought – should be bought
11:25 – heard “a mouse” should be just mouse
12:08 – heard “go against” should be just against
13:15 – heard “fame” should be frame
Need 5 seconds of silence at the end of the recording please

Just so you know, for poems due to the rhyming, we are a bit more picky at the words than just reading the text from a book. Thus the extra feedback.

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

mleigh wrote: April 9th, 2021, 6:27 pm Here is section 84, Chapter LXXXIV: Dickens - Smiles and Tears.

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/englishlitboysandgirls_83_marshall_128kb.mp3
30:00

Please let me of any issues.

Thanks,

M
Hi there! The recording is PL OK however you saved Section 84 (which it says in the recording too) and is correct as Section 83! :) Can you please re-save the file as Section 84 for me please? Then I will mark it PL OK :clap:

Lynda