COMPLETE: English Lit for Boys & Girls - H. E. Marshall - pc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi AB Voice -

The following items still need to be fixed in the file - mainly just putting the word "Footnote" before the footnote text and then "End Footnote" after the text ends and before the story continues.

2:17 – missing footnote Say "Footnote" Text "End Footnote" - you have added the text of the footnote but you need to say "Footnote" before the text you inserted and "End Footnote" after the inserted text and before the book continues please.
5:56 – missing footnote - footnote is recorded but missing "Footnote" and End Footnote" as above.
9:26 – missing footnote - same as above
10:21 – missing footnote - same as above
12:25 – missing footnote - same as above
13:17 – repeat of garden - same as above
13:28 - repeat of the partial word garden - please take out 1st garden.
13:44 – heard “fuditive” should be “fUGative” This one is still not right. try going onto the internet and typing in fugitive pronunciation - that might help. It is a big UG sound. Not like TUG but like the U in TRUE.

Great corrections you did so far! Just a few left to do that can mostly be copied and pasted!

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

wlbolm wrote: July 10th, 2021, 3:50 pm
Lmnei wrote: July 8th, 2021, 4:19 pm Section 75

PL Notes -

That was an excellent long reading! Congratulations! Just a couple of edits which should be easy to fix -

:34 – please remove “Chapter 75” You have already said Section 75 and next comes the title. From the 1st page at the end of the intro it says “Section [number and name]"
2:31 – heard "Meanwhile, on a visit…" – should be "Meantime, while on a visit…"

Lynda
Here's my updated file for section 75; let me know if I need to make any more changes!

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/englishlitboysandgirls_75_marshall_128kb.mp3
Awesome changes! This is now PL OK!

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Russ -

Section 29 is PL OK. I am not sure if I was PL'ing in my sleep or what when I did Section 28! Here are your PL Notes again (except for Section 29) again for your recordings.

Chapter 28
5:49 – please insert “Footnote” J. J. Jusserand, Le Roman d'un Roi d'Ecosse And thus for eighteen years the Prince lived a life half-real, half-dream. The gray days followed each other without change, without adventure. But the brilliant throng of kings and queens, of knights and ladies, of pilgrims and lovers, and all the make- believe people of storyland stood out all the brighter for the grayness of the background. And perhaps to the Prince in his quiet tower the storied people were more real than the living, who only now and again came to visit him. For the storied people were with him always, while the living came and went again and were lost to him in the great world without, of which he knew scarce anything. But at last across this twilight life, which was more than half a dream, there struck one day a flash of sunshine. Then to the patient, studious prisoner all was changed. Life was no longer a twilight dream, but real. He knew how deep joy might be, how sharp sorrow. Life was worth living, he learned, freedom worth having, and at length freedom came, and the Prince returned to his country a free King and a happy lover.." “End Footnote
8:41.5 – please insert “Footnote" Without. "End Footnote
926.5 – please insert “Footnote" living person "End Footnote

Chapter 30
3:13 – please insert “Footnote Flattered End Footnote”
5:45.5 – please insert “Footnote Sir David Lyndsay End Footnote”
9:08 – please insert “Footnote Orisons - morning prayers End Footnote”
10:32.5 – please insert “Footnote Guarded End Footnote”
10:48.5 – please insert “Footnote Rest = others End Footnote”
13:06.5 – please insert “Footnote Before = already End Footnote”
14:47 – please insert “Footnote Sir David Lyndsay End Footnote”
16:01 – please insert BOOKS TO READ
In illustration of this chapter may be read "Edinburgh after Flodden" in Lays of the Scottish Cavaliers, by W. E. Aytoun. The best edition of the Poems of Dunbar in the original is edited by J. Small.

Section 35
4:27.5 – please insert “Footnote George Puttenham End Footnote”
5:41.5 – please insert “Footnote Same as canon End Footnote”
6:39 – please insert “Footnote William Webbe End Footnote”
9:18.5 – please insert “Footnote Bishop Hall End Footnote”
10:45.5 – please insert “Footnote Placebo is the first word of the first chant in the service for the dead. Skelton has here made it into three words. The chant is called the Placebo from the first word. End Footnote”
12:33.5 – please insert “Footnote Slay End Footnote”
13:27 – please insert “Footnote Tore to pieces End Footnote”
15:43.5 – please insert “Footnote Gradual = the part of the mass between Epistle and Gospel End Footnote”
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Lmnei wrote: July 8th, 2021, 4:22 pm
Bookworm360 wrote: July 7th, 2021, 4:35 pm Hey all, I'm back! Here's the last section:

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/englishlitboysandgirls_85_marshall_128kb.mp3
Hi Bookworm360 - please remember to also post the length of the recording - I will look it up this time :)

Lynda
Hi there - here are my PL Notes -

7:40 - repeat of "In Native"
10:27 - said poem instead of poet
Please leave 5 seconds at the end of the recording :)

Lynda
Shasta

Post by Shasta »

Russ Bruno
LangeM

Post by LangeM »

A quick update to let you know I am track for delivering Goldsmith to you. All recorded and almost all edited. Have been overwhelmed with family blessings, but will get back to it next week. :)
Peas and Lovage
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

seaweedWorkers wrote: July 2nd, 2021, 10:01 pm Hey I recorded my audio some time ago, but haven't been able to edit it; i will today :D
How are you doing SeaweedWorkers on your editing? Do you need an extension? I need to either open up your section or know when you will have it completed by please as we are getting to the end of the book.

Lynda
Shasta

Post by Shasta »

Russ Bruno
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Shasta wrote: July 14th, 2021, 11:15 am Here is a corrected version on Section 28.

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/englishlitboysandgirls_28_marshall_128kb.mp3 Time: 17:51
Thanks so much Shasta!

Lynda
MolehillMtn

Post by MolehillMtn »

MolehillMtn wrote: June 19th, 2021, 1:07 pm
Lmnei wrote: May 31st, 2021, 1:50 pm Hi MoleHill!

Well, you get today's price :clap:

Excellent reading of Chapter 71 WITH the Footnotes in with the readings! Wahoo! Only one little piece of feedback (which is quite funny actually) and then it will be PL OK!

Chapter 71

4:34 – 4:48 – repeat of footnote

Lynda
Thanks so much, Lynda! Here is the new link after "feetnotes" were converted to footnote :lol:
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/englishlitboysandgirls_71_marshall_128kb.mp3
15:49
Hello!
Since we're so close to finishing, I'm just double checking that my revised recording didn't slip through the cracks last month.
Please let me know if there was an issue with the upload!
ABVoice

Post by ABVoice »

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

ABVoice wrote: July 17th, 2021, 8:25 am Hi,
Here is the fixed Robinson Crusoe recording:
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/englishlitboysandgirls_62_marshall_128kb.mp3
Thanks
Thank you. :D
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
kmasters

Post by kmasters »

Here is Section 56 (Herrick and Marvell):
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/englishlitboysandgirls_56_marshall_128kb.mp3
24:46.

Please note: at approximately 23:43, the text says "though" ("many people though that he had been poisoned"), but the sense tells me that that is a typo, and that it should read as "thought", so I have read it as "thought".
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

kmasters wrote: July 18th, 2021, 2:19 am Here is Section 56 (Herrick and Marvell):
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/englishlitboysandgirls_56_marshall_128kb.mp3
24:46.

Please note: at approximately 23:43, the text says "though" ("many people though that he had been poisoned"), but the sense tells me that that is a typo, and that it should read as "thought", so I have read it as "thought".
Thanks for the submission and the pl note!

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi all!

Sections 62 and 71 are PL OK now.

Lynda