COMPLETE: English Lit for Boys & Girls - H. E. Marshall - pc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Traceyann

Post by Traceyann »

Hi,
I can do Section 61: The First Newspapers.
Thanks!
CynCee

Post by CynCee »

Hello!! OK so I have finished my first chapter! I hope I have followed all the steps to the T! I think I have to post the mp3 here? Here it is. If not correct please let me know. :?

File Length, 10:02

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/englishlitboysandgirls_10_marshall128kb.mp3
cadastra

Post by cadastra »

alixsquish wrote: December 30th, 2020, 4:24 am Hi,

Please could I claim section 11 Beowulf and 22 Chaucer: bread and milk?

Thanks!
Yes - enjoy!
cadastra

Post by cadastra »

Traceyann wrote: December 30th, 2020, 7:36 am Hi,
I can do Section 61: The First Newspapers.
Thanks!
Perfect, thank you!
cadastra

Post by cadastra »

CynCee wrote: December 31st, 2020, 8:38 am Hello!! OK so I have finished my first chapter! I hope I have followed all the steps to the T! I think I have to post the mp3 here? Here it is. If not correct please let me know. :?

File Length, 10:02

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/englishlitboysandgirls_10_marshall128kb.mp3
Hi Cyn,
Are you a professional narrator?! What beautiful narration! I can't wait to hear more from you in the future. I only have two proof-listening notes:

1) You do not need to say "End of English Literature for Boys and Girls, by Henrietta Elizabeth Marshall" at the end of your section. The only time that part of the outro is needed is at the very end of the last section of the book. Your outro should be "End of Section 10."
2) The filename is missing an underscore (should be "englishlitboysandgirls_10_marshall128kb.mp3").

Please edit and re-upload. Great job, again!
CynCee

Post by CynCee »

Thank you! I have been acting and performing for a long time. Have always wanted to do VO. Finally decided to start! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed it. Learning to edit as I go! LOL!

I don't see where the _ is missing. I looked at it over and over. There is an _ before the 10 and after the 10 right? I don't see it anywhere else. Am I wrong?

I'll edit the end now. Thanks!
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

CynCee wrote: January 1st, 2021, 5:04 pm Thank you! I have been acting and performing for a long time. Have always wanted to do VO. Finally decided to start! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed it. Learning to edit as I go! LOL!

I don't see where the _ is missing. I looked at it over and over. There is an _ before the 10 and after the 10 right? I don't see it anywhere else. Am I wrong?

It goes right before the 128kb
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
cadastra

Post by cadastra »

CynCee wrote: January 1st, 2021, 5:04 pm Thank you! I have been acting and performing for a long time. Have always wanted to do VO. Finally decided to start! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed it. Learning to edit as I go! LOL!

Wonderful, thank you! The additional underscore goes before the 128kb, as Phil said.
CynCee

Post by CynCee »

1) You do not need to say "End of English Literature for Boys and Girls, by Henrietta Elizabeth Marshall" at the end of your section. The only time that part of the outro is needed is at the very end of the last section of the book. Your outro should be "End of Section 10."
2) The filename is missing an underscore (should be "englishlitboysandgirls_10_marshall128kb.mp3").

OK! All Done! Should all be correct now! Thanks again!

Length- 10:02

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/englishlitboysandgirls_10_marshall_128kb.mp3
CynCee

Post by CynCee »

HI! Can I claim Chapter VI About Some Old Welsh Stories and Story-Tellers please.
Pblished under- Faerie Book Mama

Thanks!
cadastra

Post by cadastra »

CynCee wrote: January 1st, 2021, 7:40 pm HI! Can I claim Chapter VI About Some Old Welsh Stories and Story-Tellers please.

Thanks!
You’ve got it! You don’t need to list your catalog name (“Faerie Book Mama”) when you post unless it changes. I made your catalog page a few days ago when you claimed your first section, and all future sections will be published on that page under “Faerie Book Mama” unless you tell us otherwise. Enjoy the read!
CynCee

Post by CynCee »

cadastra wrote: January 1st, 2021, 8:21 pm
CynCee wrote: January 1st, 2021, 7:40 pm HI! Can I claim Chapter VI About Some Old Welsh Stories and Story-Tellers please.

Thanks!
You’ve got it! You don’t need to list your catalog name (“Faerie Book Mama”) when you post unless it changes. I made your catalog page a few days ago when you claimed your first section, and all future sections will be published on that page under “Faerie Book Mama” unless you tell us otherwise. Enjoy the read!
Got it! Thank you!
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi there!

Can I please claim 80-85?

Many thanks!

Lynda
cadastra

Post by cadastra »

Lmnei wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 3:53 pm Hi there!

Can I please claim 80-85?

Many thanks!

Lynda
Yes, please! Enjoy!
cadastra

Post by cadastra »

CynCee wrote: January 1st, 2021, 6:02 pm 1) You do not need to say "End of English Literature for Boys and Girls, by Henrietta Elizabeth Marshall" at the end of your section. The only time that part of the outro is needed is at the very end of the last section of the book. Your outro should be "End of Section 10."

OK! All Done! Should all be correct now! Thanks again!

Length- 10:02

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/englishlitboysandgirls_10_marshall_128kb.mp3
Cyn, this is almost perfect! There is just a smidge too much silence at the end of the file now--6.5 seconds, and we only require 5. Once that is fixed your recording will be PL OK!