[FULL] Short Science Fiction Collection 075-ag

Short Poetry Collections, Short Story Collections, and our Weekly Poetry Project
Post Reply
ColleenMc
Posts: 2012
Joined: April 9th, 2017, 5:57 pm

Post by ColleenMc » January 13th, 2021, 10:17 am

gabmcdermott wrote:
January 4th, 2021, 4:30 pm
Hi there,
This is my first time contributing I hope I got it right.
-----------------------------------------

Title: Say "Hello" for Me
Author: Frank W. Coggins
Release Date: November 1, 2009 [EBook #30382]
Language: English

Read by Gabriel Mc Dermott
Time 9:49

Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ssf075_sayhelloforme_frankwcoggins_gmcd_128kb.mp3

Text at:
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/30382


Hi Gabriel and welcome!

Your reading is lovely, my only note is that the final silence needs to be 5 seconds, yours is a couple of seconds longer. Trim that, save, export to MP3 and reupload and you're good!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai

Grothmann
Posts: 966
Joined: March 20th, 2017, 2:44 pm

Post by Grothmann » January 13th, 2021, 11:32 am

Hi:

I have reloaded The Old Goat with corrections. I don't know why I got it in my head that the author's name was Fortonay. Anyway --

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ssf075_oldgoat_fontenay_dg_128kb.mp3

Thanks
Dale

Grothmann
Posts: 966
Joined: March 20th, 2017, 2:44 pm

Post by Grothmann » January 13th, 2021, 12:09 pm

Good Morning:

I have made the correction and reloaded

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ssf075_telepathicpicku[_sargent_dg_128kb.mp3

Because I have had an equipment change, there is a change in presence, so I did the paragraph over. It is very noticeable to me, but I do not think I am willing to reread the entire story to get rid of it. Sorry

Thanks
Dale

gabmcdermott
Posts: 10
Joined: January 4th, 2021, 4:57 am
Location: Ireland

Post by gabmcdermott » January 13th, 2021, 1:28 pm

ColleenMc wrote:
January 13th, 2021, 10:17 am
gabmcdermott wrote:
January 4th, 2021, 4:30 pm
Hi there,
This is my first time contributing I hope I got it right.
-----------------------------------------

Title: Say "Hello" for Me
Author: Frank W. Coggins
Release Date: November 1, 2009 [EBook #30382]
Language: English

Read by Gabriel Mc Dermott
Time 9:49

Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ssf075_sayhelloforme_frankwcoggins_gmcd_128kb.mp3

Text at:
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/30382


Hi Gabriel and welcome!

Your reading is lovely, my only note is that the final silence needs to be 5 seconds, yours is a couple of seconds longer. Trim that, save, export to MP3 and reupload and you're good!

Colleen
So happy you liked the reading. I have uploaded a new version with some seconds trimmed from the end

Time: 9:42
Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ssf075_sayhelloforme_frankwcoggins_gmcd_128kb.mp3

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9330
Joined: January 23rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Location: Northern Maine

Post by alg1001 » January 13th, 2021, 8:46 pm

Grothmann wrote:
January 13th, 2021, 12:09 pm
Good Morning:

I have made the correction and reloaded

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ssf075_telepathicpicku[_sargent_dg_128kb.mp3

Because I have had an equipment change, there is a change in presence, so I did the paragraph over. It is very noticeable to me, but I do not think I am willing to reread the entire story to get rid of it. Sorry

Thanks
Dale
Hi Dale,
Would you mind changing the filename so that it doesn't have [ in it and reuploading it?
Cheers,
-Amy

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9330
Joined: January 23rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Location: Northern Maine

Post by alg1001 » January 13th, 2021, 8:49 pm

esjkim90 wrote:
January 11th, 2021, 12:43 pm
Hey there everyone!

Here is my contribution for this collection.

Title: Zero Hour
Author: Alexander Blade
Recording By: Eric Kim
Time: 11:06
Audio: https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/zerohour_blade_esjk_128kb.mp3
Text: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/30476/30476-h/30476-h.htm


Let me know what you all think!

Thanks again!

Eric Kim
Hi Eric,
Zero Hour is PL OK.
There are a few things to keep an eye on for future recordings. The opening and closing silences for this recording are each a second longer than needed. We only need 1 second at the beginning and 5 at the end. The file name is missing ssf075. I will change the name during cataloging.
Nice work.
-Amy

Grothmann
Posts: 966
Joined: March 20th, 2017, 2:44 pm

Post by Grothmann » January 13th, 2021, 11:11 pm

Okay, let's try this again.

I have reloaded.

Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ssf075_telepathicpickup_sargent_dg_128kb.mp3

All else is the same.

I am sorry, I know better than this.
Dale

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9330
Joined: January 23rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Location: Northern Maine

Post by alg1001 » January 14th, 2021, 8:34 am

Thanks so much, Dale!

SoundsLikeJack
Posts: 14
Joined: December 5th, 2020, 11:49 am
Location: Brasília, Brasil

Post by SoundsLikeJack » January 14th, 2021, 4:34 pm

If it hasn't been recorded before I'd like to read 'The Eyes Have It' by Philip K. Dick 1953

https://www.gutenberg.org/files/31516/31516-h/31516-h.htm
“It’s still magic even if you know how it’s done.” A Hat Full of Sky, Terry Pratchett.

ColleenMc
Posts: 2012
Joined: April 9th, 2017, 5:57 pm

Post by ColleenMc » January 14th, 2021, 5:47 pm

Grothmann wrote:
January 13th, 2021, 11:11 pm
Okay, let's try this again.

I have reloaded.

Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ssf075_telepathicpickup_sargent_dg_128kb.mp3

All else is the same.

I am sorry, I know better than this.
Dale
Both stories now PL OK!
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai

ColleenMc
Posts: 2012
Joined: April 9th, 2017, 5:57 pm

Post by ColleenMc » January 14th, 2021, 5:48 pm

gabmcdermott wrote:
January 13th, 2021, 1:28 pm
ColleenMc wrote:
January 13th, 2021, 10:17 am
gabmcdermott wrote:
January 4th, 2021, 4:30 pm
Hi there,
This is my first time contributing I hope I got it right.
-----------------------------------------

Title: Say "Hello" for Me
Author: Frank W. Coggins
Release Date: November 1, 2009 [EBook #30382]
Language: English

Read by Gabriel Mc Dermott
Time 9:49

Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ssf075_sayhelloforme_frankwcoggins_gmcd_128kb.mp3

Text at:
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/30382


Hi Gabriel and welcome!

Your reading is lovely, my only note is that the final silence needs to be 5 seconds, yours is a couple of seconds longer. Trim that, save, export to MP3 and reupload and you're good!

Colleen
So happy you liked the reading. I have uploaded a new version with some seconds trimmed from the end

Time: 9:42
Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ssf075_sayhelloforme_frankwcoggins_gmcd_128kb.mp3
Thanks! It’s now PL OK!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai

ColleenMc
Posts: 2012
Joined: April 9th, 2017, 5:57 pm

Post by ColleenMc » January 14th, 2021, 6:19 pm

gabmcdermott wrote:
January 6th, 2021, 5:31 am
Title: Accidental Death
Author: Peter Baily
Release Date: 4 Feb 2008
Language: English

Read by Gabriel McDermott

Time: 25:33

Text at:
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/24517

Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ssf075_accidentaldeath_peterbaily_gmcd_128kb.mp3
Hi Gabriel,

This one is fine other than having too long a silence at the end. Please cut to 5 seconds and we are good!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9330
Joined: January 23rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Location: Northern Maine

Post by alg1001 » January 14th, 2021, 8:46 pm

SoundsLikeJack wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 4:34 pm
If it hasn't been recorded before I'd like to read 'The Eyes Have It' by Philip K. Dick 1953

https://www.gutenberg.org/files/31516/31516-h/31516-h.htm
It has been recorded before, but not for the 075 collection. Duplicates of stories are always welcome.

SoundsLikeJack
Posts: 14
Joined: December 5th, 2020, 11:49 am
Location: Brasília, Brasil

Post by SoundsLikeJack » January 15th, 2021, 12:30 am

If you are sure that's okay then sign me up!
alg1001 wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 8:46 pm
SoundsLikeJack wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 4:34 pm
If it hasn't been recorded before I'd like to read 'The Eyes Have It' by Philip K. Dick 1953

https://www.gutenberg.org/files/31516/31516-h/31516-h.htm
It has been recorded before, but not for the 075 collection. Duplicates of stories are always welcome.
“It’s still magic even if you know how it’s done.” A Hat Full of Sky, Terry Pratchett.

gabmcdermott
Posts: 10
Joined: January 4th, 2021, 4:57 am
Location: Ireland

Post by gabmcdermott » January 15th, 2021, 9:30 am

ColleenMc wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 6:19 pm
gabmcdermott wrote:
January 6th, 2021, 5:31 am
Title: Accidental Death
Author: Peter Baily
Release Date: 4 Feb 2008
Language: English

Read by Gabriel McDermott

Time: 25:33

Text at:
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/24517

Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ssf075_accidentaldeath_peterbaily_gmcd_128kb.mp3
Hi Gabriel,

This one is fine other than having too long a silence at the end. Please cut to 5 seconds and we are good!

Colleen
Thanks for checking Colleen. I have uploaded a corrected version

Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ssf075_accidentaldeath_peterbaily_gmcd_128kb.mp3
Time: 25:25

Post Reply