[CHILDREN] Lightfoot, the Leaping Goat by Richard Barnum-mtf

Short Poetry Collections, Short Story Collections, and our Weekly Poetry Project
Post Reply
loon
Posts: 1041
Joined: December 31st, 2016, 9:14 pm
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Post by loon » December 20th, 2020, 9:51 am

LynSerene wrote:
December 20th, 2020, 2:16 am
I've completed and uploaded the recording

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/lightfoot_07_barnum_128kb.mp3

For the catalogue, please list me as Lindsay May

Thanks!
Lindsay May -

Chapter 7 - Lightfoot on a Boat - PL OK.

This is your first chapter for LibriVox, correct? Yay!

I see that Larry our Book Coordinator cautioned you about audio levels after your 1-minute test. Just so you know, the Checker program reports your level for this chapter is 90.2 dB, so it's safely in the 86-92 dB range.
Rich Brown
FullLoon.com

loon
Posts: 1041
Joined: December 31st, 2016, 9:14 pm
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Post by loon » December 20th, 2020, 9:55 am

LynSerene wrote:
December 20th, 2020, 2:16 am
I've completed and uploaded the recording

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/lightfoot_07_barnum_128kb.mp3

For the catalogue, please list me as Lindsay May

Thanks!
P.S. It's helpful if you include the duration of your chapter when you post a link to your upload. Chapter 7 is 13:23.
Rich Brown
FullLoon.com

loon
Posts: 1041
Joined: December 31st, 2016, 9:14 pm
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Post by loon » December 20th, 2020, 10:03 am

Larry - there's trouble in the Magic Window. The chapter titles for 6 and 7 are swapped; 06 should be Lightfoot Butts a Boy and 07 should be Lightfoot on a Boat. The chapter LynSerene just read is Lightfoot on a Boat - it is correctly announced as chapter seven at the beginning and ending.
Rich Brown
FullLoon.com

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7531
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » December 20th, 2020, 10:13 am

loon wrote:
December 20th, 2020, 10:03 am
Larry - there's trouble in the Magic Window. The chapter titles for 6 and 7 are swapped; 06 should be Lightfoot Butts a Boy and 07 should be Lightfoot on a Boat. The chapter LynSerene just read is Lightfoot on a Boat - it is correctly announced as chapter seven at the beginning and ending.
Thanks, Rich!

Larry, this was a quick fix, and I happened to be around, so I went ahead and fixed it. Looks like it was a simple drag-and-drop error. I've done it a time or two myself, and it caused a lot of confusion in that case. So I just took care of it to head off that possibility. :)

silverquill
Posts: 16599
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » December 20th, 2020, 10:16 am

mightyfelix wrote:
December 20th, 2020, 10:13 am
loon wrote:
December 20th, 2020, 10:03 am
Larry - there's trouble in the Magic Window. The chapter titles for 6 and 7 are swapped; 06 should be Lightfoot Butts a Boy and 07 should be Lightfoot on a Boat. The chapter LynSerene just read is Lightfoot on a Boat - it is correctly announced as chapter seven at the beginning and ending.
Thanks, Rich!

Larry, this was a quick fix, and I happened to be around, so I went ahead and fixed it. Looks like it was a simple drag-and-drop error. I've done it a time or two myself, and it caused a lot of confusion in that case. So I just took care of it to head off that possibility. :)
Oh, we must have been in the MW at the same time, because I was doing the same thing :lol: k
And, I double checked to make sure that the claim for 6 is correct.

Anyway, all is well.
~ Larry

loon
Posts: 1041
Joined: December 31st, 2016, 9:14 pm
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Post by loon » December 20th, 2020, 10:21 am

This must be why the Magic Window has that name - all I have to do is complain and it's fixed.
Rich Brown
FullLoon.com

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7531
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » December 20th, 2020, 10:22 am

loon wrote:
December 20th, 2020, 10:21 am
This must be why the Magic Window has that name - all I have to do is complain and it's fixed.
Yep, that's why! :lol:

dhandiR
Posts: 53
Joined: July 14th, 2020, 4:57 pm

Post by dhandiR » December 20th, 2020, 10:41 pm

silverquill wrote:
December 17th, 2020, 9:33 am
dhandiR wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 9:50 pm
Track 9 (10:31):
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/lightfoot_09_barnum_128kb.mp3
If I could claim Track 5, that'd be great.
Thank you!
This is Ready for PL

Unfortunately, there was a claim posted for Chapter 5 just before this, so I've already assigned it.
But, I still have you in for Chapter 10
Hi, so I don't remember claiming Track 10, but I'm willing to do it. However, when I check in the Magic Window, it says that Track 10 has already been claimed by someone else. Should I record track 10 or was this just a scheduling error?
No
-Bill Nye, probably

LynSerene
Posts: 9
Joined: November 30th, 2020, 7:15 am

Post by LynSerene » December 21st, 2020, 2:56 am

loon wrote:
December 20th, 2020, 9:55 am
LynSerene wrote:
December 20th, 2020, 2:16 am
I've completed and uploaded the recording

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/lightfoot_07_barnum_128kb.mp3

For the catalogue, please list me as Lindsay May

Thanks!
P.S. It's helpful if you include the duration of your chapter when you post a link to your upload. Chapter 7 is 13:23.
Ah yes -- will take note of that the next time
==================
Lyn

silverquill
Posts: 16599
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » December 21st, 2020, 10:51 pm

dhandiR wrote:
December 20th, 2020, 10:41 pm

Hi, so I don't remember claiming Track 10, but I'm willing to do it. However, when I check in the Magic Window, it says that Track 10 has already been claimed by someone else. Should I record track 10 or was this just a scheduling error?
:hmm: Well, that is puzzling.
i think it is more likely the result of my trying to read this without my glasses. :lol:

But, this was claimed by a new reader who my be a no-show, so I'll keep you in mind if it ends up being an orphan.
Sorry for the confusion, but I do appreciate your note.
~ Larry

mleigh
Posts: 563
Joined: May 31st, 2020, 2:19 pm
Location: New Mexico

Post by mleigh » December 28th, 2020, 7:37 pm

Here is chapter 6: Lightfoot Butts a Boy

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/lightfoot_06_barnum_128kb.mp3
14:40

(That boy deserved more than just a butting.)

Thanks,

M

silverquill
Posts: 16599
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » December 28th, 2020, 9:11 pm

mleigh wrote:
December 28th, 2020, 7:37 pm
Here is chapter 6: Lightfoot Butts a Boy

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/lightfoot_06_barnum_128kb.mp3
14:40

(That boy deserved more than just a butting.)

Thanks,

M
Thank you!
Marked, Ready for PL
~ Larry

loon
Posts: 1041
Joined: December 31st, 2016, 9:14 pm
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Post by loon » December 29th, 2020, 10:45 am

mleigh wrote:
December 28th, 2020, 7:37 pm
Here is chapter 6: Lightfoot Butts a Boy

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/lightfoot_06_barnum_128kb.mp3
14:40

(That boy deserved more than just a butting.)
Chapter 6 - Lightfoot Butts A Boy (who had it coming) - PL OK.

(By the way, at ~7:26 I hear "short-haired goat" - the text reads "short-horned goat" - but this doesn't affect the story, so it's not a problem.)
Rich Brown
FullLoon.com

silverquill
Posts: 16599
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » February 15th, 2021, 11:43 am

Sadly two months have passed for several claims and one section awaiting corrections, therefore:

WE HAVE OPEN SECTIONS!

We would love to have quick turn around on any claims for these abandoned sections so we can finish the book.
~ Larry

mleigh
Posts: 563
Joined: May 31st, 2020, 2:19 pm
Location: New Mexico

Post by mleigh » February 15th, 2021, 11:59 am

I'll take 8 Lightfoot on a Voyage

if you'd like.


Thanks,

M

Post Reply