Thanks,

M
Certainly!
Thank you so much.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
AricReed

Post by AricReed »

Hello! I would like to read section 11, Lightfoot Meets Slicko. Such a fun chapter! This will be my first official LibriVox reading. I have posted a 1 minute test, but haven't gotten any responses as of yet. I just wanted to make sure I got the opportunity to have a piece of this story! For the catalog, Aric Reed. If there's anything I need to do but haven't, please let me know. If I do something incorrectly, please straighten me out!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

AricReed wrote: February 17th, 2021, 7:35 am Hello! I would like to read section 11, Lightfoot Meets Slicko. Such a fun chapter! This will be my first official LibriVox reading. I have posted a 1 minute test, but haven't gotten any responses as of yet. I just wanted to make sure I got the opportunity to have a piece of this story! For the catalog, Aric Reed. If there's anything I need to do but haven't, please let me know. If I do something incorrectly, please straighten me out!
Hi, Aric!
I'm very happy to entertain your request and have you make your LibriVox debut in this project. :)
I have added you to the LV catalog and assigned you this section. Just click on your name in the Magic Window to view your personal catalog page. This is where you can track all of your LV projects, of which I hope there will be many.

I've listened to your 1-min test recording and left comments there - just some technical issues to adjust. But, you are free to record this chapter -- just keep in mind those technical settings that need to be changed.

WELCOME TO LIBRIVOX :clap:
~ Larry
loon

Post by loon »

Yay! Lightfoot is moving again!
Rich Brown - Minneapolis, MN
merrybaker

Post by merrybaker »

Hi, I'd like to read section 5, "Lightfoot in the Park," if it is still available.
Thank you :)
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

merrybaker wrote: February 17th, 2021, 5:46 pm Hi, I'd like to read section 5, "Lightfoot in the Park," if it is still available.
Thank you :)
Thank you for your interest in this project.
We do, however, request that our new readers first complete a one-minute test recording to check out all of your technical specifications and any reading issues.

New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!

Among the useful information there you will find instructions for completing your test recording. Once you have the "OK" on that, post again here and you are free to record for this project. Let us know how you would like to be credited in the LibriVox catalog - real name, pseudonym or other nickname.
~ Larry
merrybaker

Post by merrybaker »

Thank you, Larry. I did jump the gun a bit. I'm waiting for a reply to my one minute test, and will check back for open sections once I get the go ahead. :)
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

merrybaker wrote: February 18th, 2021, 8:32 am Thank you, Larry. I did jump the gun a bit. I'm waiting for a reply to my one minute test, and will check back for open sections once I get the go ahead. :)
I do have you in for your requested Chapter 5, so just let me know how you want to be credited in the LV Catalog.
~ Larry
merrybaker

Post by merrybaker »

Thank you! I'd like to be listed as Mary Baker Hall in the catalog.
Also, I adjusted my test file as requested, and am awaiting feedback on my second post.
merrybaker

Post by merrybaker »

Got my ‘ok’ on my 1 minute test; ready to start in section 5 :)
Thank you, Larry. Are your lights back on?
slgill

Post by slgill »

I would like Chapter 10, if it’s still open.

:) Sue
MiraLee

Post by MiraLee »

Hello! I would like to read Sec. 4, "Lightfoot and the Wagon." This is the first time I'm requesting to read something after finishing the 1 minute test process. So, I was also just wondering if someone could explain a little bit more about the whole pseudonym/name thing in the LibriVox cataloge (and why someone might prefer to use one or the other), and then also about adding a link to a personal website or blog?

Thank you in advance!

-Mira Lee
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

slgill wrote: February 20th, 2021, 7:19 am I would like Chapter 10, if it’s still open.

Thank you!
Section 10 is yours.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

MiraLee wrote: February 20th, 2021, 8:44 am Hello! I would like to read Sec. 4, "Lightfoot and the Wagon." This is the first time I'm requesting to read something after finishing the 1 minute test process. So, I was also just wondering if someone could explain a little bit more about the whole pseudonym/name thing in the LibriVox cataloge (and why someone might prefer to use one or the other), and then also about adding a link to a personal website or blog?

Thank you in advance!

-Mira Lee
Well, it is a matter of personal preference. Some people just want to remain anonymous or to be known to the world as something other than their real name. For some it's a privacy thing. Your profile is public. I personally prefer my full name. This is how I am credited for all of my LV work. Then, when people view your profile they can see a link to your blog or website. Some people like to make that available. Maybe they do other voice over work, or just have a public forum that they want to make available.

Anyway, I've assigned you this section and added you as Mira Lee. That can be changed at any time upon request. Just click on you name in the Magic Window to see your personal catalog page.
~ Larry
slgill

Post by slgill »

Here is Ch.10, "Lightfoot in the Woods"- https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/lightfoot_10_barnum_128kb.mp3

file length- 11:21

I really liked narrating this chapter. Hope all is well with it!