[POETRY]Morna Lee, and Other Poems, by Mary Hannay Foott - jo

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 2293
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » January 22nd, 2021, 10:51 pm

VermillionVoice wrote:
January 22nd, 2021, 8:47 pm
First section done:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/mornalee_27_foott_128kb.mp3 1:57
Thank you! Queued for PL.

Cheers,
Chris
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
APOD

George Essex Evans Roderic Quinn Mary Hannay Foott Marie E. J. Pitt James Hebblethwaite Shaw Neilson

silverquill
Posts: 16602
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » January 25th, 2021, 9:22 am

~ Larry

afutterer
Posts: 3911
Joined: February 23rd, 2016, 3:04 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Post by afutterer » January 25th, 2021, 12:03 pm

PL NOTES:

SECTIONS - 5, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 22, 27, 32, 33

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus

JessiW
Posts: 13
Joined: January 14th, 2021, 10:40 pm

Post by JessiW » January 25th, 2021, 2:45 pm

Could I claim 36, To the Virgin Mary? This will be my first recording.
~Jessica West

"Paths do not only go one way. We choose which direction to take. I refuse to believe that any outside forces can determine the course of my life." - from Illusions of Fate by Kiersten White

SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 2293
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » January 26th, 2021, 8:13 pm

Thanks, Larry. Queued for PL.

Cheers,
Chris
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
APOD

George Essex Evans Roderic Quinn Mary Hannay Foott Marie E. J. Pitt James Hebblethwaite Shaw Neilson

SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 2293
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » January 26th, 2021, 8:20 pm

JessiW wrote:
January 25th, 2021, 2:45 pm
Could I claim 36, To the Virgin Mary? This will be my first recording.
Hello, JessiW and welcome to Librivox!

I can reserve this section for you for up to one month. This will give you the time to complete your one-minute-test, which we recommend, before you start recording anything in a project.

The test's purpose is to check that your technical settings are all up to LV standard. You can read all about it here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

Please post the test in the Listeners Wanted forum: viewforum.php?f=21 and someone will check it and give you feedback or advice if needed.

As soon as the test is ok'ed, please post the results back here, and then I can assign you the section officially.

A good practice is to install the Checker app on your computer. It is used to check the technical settings of your recordings, including the volume. It can be found here, along with instructions for use... https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Checker Its three general outcomes are "PASS", "FAIL", and "PASSED WITH WARNINGS". A "FAIL" probably means the tech settings are wrong. A "PASSED WITH WARNINGS" probably means the recording is either too loud or too soft ... when this is the case, the MP3 can be easily fixed using the MP3GAIN app, which you should also install on your computer. It can be found here... https://mp3gain.en.softonic.com/ Set the Target Normal Volume to 89.0, run a Track Analysis, then if it's not 89, run a Track Gain, and it will adjust your MP3 file to approx 89. Very quick and easy. Now run the adjusted MP3 file through the Checker app again, and the “PASSED WITH WARNINGS” message should be replaced by a “PASS” message.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. :)

Good luck with the test !


Chris
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
APOD

George Essex Evans Roderic Quinn Mary Hannay Foott Marie E. J. Pitt James Hebblethwaite Shaw Neilson

JessiW
Posts: 13
Joined: January 14th, 2021, 10:40 pm

Post by JessiW » January 27th, 2021, 6:56 am

Thank you! I'm excited to get started!

I completed the 1 minute test and passed: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=85169

Please let me know if there is anything else you would like me to do.

Thank you,
~Jessica West

"Paths do not only go one way. We choose which direction to take. I refuse to believe that any outside forces can determine the course of my life." - from Illusions of Fate by Kiersten White

Bex314159
Posts: 5
Joined: December 16th, 2020, 9:11 pm

Post by Bex314159 » January 27th, 2021, 4:05 pm

SonOfTheExiles wrote:
December 19th, 2020, 8:24 pm
Bex314159 wrote:
December 19th, 2020, 7:52 pm
Hello,
This is potentially my first recording. If open: may I sign up for sections 2 and 6 (Where the Pelican Builds and Happy Days)?
Hi Bex31415, and welcome to Librivox! Great to have you aboard.

For the time being, I can reserve you these two poems for one month. This will give you the time to complete your one-minute-test, which we recommend, before you start recording anything in a project.

The test's purpose is to check that your technical settings are all up to LV standard. You can read all about it here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

Please post the test in the Listeners Wanted forum: viewforum.php?f=21 and someone will check it and give you feedback or advice if needed.

As soon as the test is ok'ed, please post the results back here, and then I can assign you the sections officially. Don't forget to post the Display Name that you would like to have associated with your recordings, assuming it is different from your User Name which is: Bex31415

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. :)

Good luck with the test !


Chris

P.S. Good choice of "Where The Pelican Builds". This is this poet's most famous and well-known poem.
Hello. Is this the proper way to respond? Please let me know. Sincere apologies in getting back with you. I had some technical issues. I believe I completed the one minute test a bit ago. Would you want me to re-do that test (since I had some computer issues on my end) so I can potentially get those recordings? Or would it be better to find unassigned sections to read?

Bex314159
Posts: 5
Joined: December 16th, 2020, 9:11 pm

Post by Bex314159 » January 27th, 2021, 4:20 pm

SonOfTheExiles wrote:
December 19th, 2020, 8:24 pm
Bex314159 wrote:
December 19th, 2020, 7:52 pm
Hello,
This is potentially my first recording. If open: may I sign up for sections 2 and 6 (Where the Pelican Builds and Happy Days)?
Hi Bex31415, and welcome to Librivox! Great to have you aboard.

For the time being, I can reserve you these two poems for one month. This will give you the time to complete your one-minute-test, which we recommend, before you start recording anything in a project.

The test's purpose is to check that your technical settings are all up to LV standard. You can read all about it here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

Please post the test in the Listeners Wanted forum: viewforum.php?f=21 and someone will check it and give you feedback or advice if needed.

As soon as the test is ok'ed, please post the results back here, and then I can assign you the sections officially. Don't forget to post the Display Name that you would like to have associated with your recordings, assuming it is different from your User Name which is: Bex31415

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. :)

Good luck with the test !

How would I post the first test being accepted? Do I just include the link? If so: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=84302&p=1824134#top


Chris

P.S. Good choice of "Where The Pelican Builds". This is this poet's most famous and well-known poem.

JessiW
Posts: 13
Joined: January 14th, 2021, 10:40 pm

Post by JessiW » January 28th, 2021, 7:39 am

Thank you! I'm excited to get started!

I completed the 1 minute test and passed: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=85169

Please let me know if there is anything else you would like me to do.

Thank you,

SonOfTheExiles wrote:
January 26th, 2021, 8:20 pm
JessiW wrote:
January 25th, 2021, 2:45 pm
Could I claim 36, To the Virgin Mary? This will be my first recording.
Hello, JessiW and welcome to Librivox!

I can reserve this section for you for up to one month. This will give you the time to complete your one-minute-test, which we recommend, before you start recording anything in a project.

The test's purpose is to check that your technical settings are all up to LV standard. You can read all about it here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

Please post the test in the Listeners Wanted forum: viewforum.php?f=21 and someone will check it and give you feedback or advice if needed.

As soon as the test is ok'ed, please post the results back here, and then I can assign you the section officially.

A good practice is to install the Checker app on your computer. It is used to check the technical settings of your recordings, including the volume. It can be found here, along with instructions for use... https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Checker Its three general outcomes are "PASS", "FAIL", and "PASSED WITH WARNINGS". A "FAIL" probably means the tech settings are wrong. A "PASSED WITH WARNINGS" probably means the recording is either too loud or too soft ... when this is the case, the MP3 can be easily fixed using the MP3GAIN app, which you should also install on your computer. It can be found here... https://mp3gain.en.softonic.com/ Set the Target Normal Volume to 89.0, run a Track Analysis, then if it's not 89, run a Track Gain, and it will adjust your MP3 file to approx 89. Very quick and easy. Now run the adjusted MP3 file through the Checker app again, and the “PASSED WITH WARNINGS” message should be replaced by a “PASS” message.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. :)

Good luck with the test !


Chris
~Jessica West

"Paths do not only go one way. We choose which direction to take. I refuse to believe that any outside forces can determine the course of my life." - from Illusions of Fate by Kiersten White

JessiW
Posts: 13
Joined: January 14th, 2021, 10:40 pm

Post by JessiW » January 29th, 2021, 3:07 pm

Section 36 - To the Virgin Mary

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/mornalee_36_foott_128kb.mp3

Please let me know if there is anything that I need to work on or change!

Thank you for your time!

Jessica
~Jessica West

"Paths do not only go one way. We choose which direction to take. I refuse to believe that any outside forces can determine the course of my life." - from Illusions of Fate by Kiersten White

SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 2293
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » February 1st, 2021, 7:23 pm

JessiW wrote:
January 29th, 2021, 3:07 pm
Section 36 - To the Virgin Mary

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/mornalee_36_foott_128kb.mp3

Please let me know if there is anything that I need to work on or change!

Thank you for your time!

Jessica
Thanks, Jessica. This has been queued for Proof Listening by our DPL.

Cheers,
Chris
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
APOD

George Essex Evans Roderic Quinn Mary Hannay Foott Marie E. J. Pitt James Hebblethwaite Shaw Neilson

afutterer
Posts: 3911
Joined: February 23rd, 2016, 3:04 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Post by afutterer » February 5th, 2021, 11:26 am

PL NOTES:

SECTIONS - 34, 36

PL OK

Jessi, this recording was perfect. Thank you so much and welcome to librivox. We just need you added as a user so your name can go in there.
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus

Kingsnake
Posts: 22
Joined: December 27th, 2015, 12:53 am

Post by Kingsnake » February 5th, 2021, 2:55 pm

May I have number 35- The Magi to the Star?

SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 2293
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » February 5th, 2021, 10:11 pm

afutterer wrote:
February 5th, 2021, 11:26 am
PL NOTES:

SECTIONS - 34, 36

PL OK

Jessi, this recording was perfect. Thank you so much and welcome to librivox. We just need you added as a user so your name can go in there.
Done.

Chris
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
APOD

George Essex Evans Roderic Quinn Mary Hannay Foott Marie E. J. Pitt James Hebblethwaite Shaw Neilson

Post Reply