---
Catholic Audiobooks
mscllc

Post by mscllc »

Maria, here is my most recent edit & export:

12 Auspicato Concessum (On St. Francis of Assisi) September 17, 1882
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/encyclical_12_leoxiii_128kb.mp3
29:39

I am trusting that this upload is rightly numbered since I see that things have shifted (I previously exported a "section 12", whose title now corresponds with number 15 on the list, etc).

mscllc
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

mscllc wrote: May 29th, 2021, 1:37 pm Maria, here is my most recent edit & export:

12 Auspicato Concessum (On St. Francis of Assisi) September 17, 1882
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/encyclical_12_leoxiii_128kb.mp3
29:39

I am trusting that this upload is rightly numbered since I see that things have shifted (I previously exported a "section 12", whose title now corresponds with number 15 on the list, etc).

mscllc
Thank you ~ it is PL OK!

Yes, the numbering is correct. The entire project somehow got completely out of order, and I had to rearrange and renumber files a couple of months back. I have they in order by the date they were written - so there is a strategy to the MW. :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
mscllc

Post by mscllc »

m8b1 wrote: May 29th, 2021, 2:34 pm Yes, the numbering is correct. The entire project somehow got completely out of order, and I had to rearrange and renumber files a couple of months back. I have they in order by the date they were written - so there is a strategy to the MW. :-)
Thank you, Maria.
Yes, it makes sense to apply "chronological order" as an organisational principle to the collection.
I made my comment mostly to insure that my upload was not overwriting another section (for example, I had to export my last recording to a different folder so as not to overwrite a previous section's recording by the same, old labelling). So it is good to know that you have diligently renamed the original uploads so as to avoid this danger of new recordings overlapping and replacing initial ones.

Finally, it is likely necessary to correct the section-length to "29:39" (from its current "30:10"), according to the LibriVox version, in fidelity to the public domain text cited and recorded from The Dublin review (v.92 1883:Jan.-June.), whereas I had initially written "30:10" from the length of my personal export version which concludes with the final blessing as included on the vatican.va website version, taking another 31 seconds.)

mscllc
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Section 13

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/encyclical_13_leoxiii_128kb.mp3 19:34

I hope I got the intro correct.
~ Larry
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Thank you, Larry!

The intro is correct ~ it is PL OK! :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
mscllc

Post by mscllc »

After an unanticipated move over these past 2-3 weeks, I am set up in my new quarters whence I hope to resume a modest level of activity:

35 Au Milieu Des Sollicitudes (On the Church and State in France) February 16, 1892
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/encyclical_35_leoxiii_128kb.mp3
37:31

mscllc
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

mscllc wrote: June 18th, 2021, 2:40 am After an unanticipated move over these past 2-3 weeks, I am set up in my new quarters whence I hope to resume a modest level of activity:

35 Au Milieu Des Sollicitudes (On the Church and State in France) February 16, 1892
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/encyclical_35_leoxiii_128kb.mp3
37:31

mscllc
Well, an unexpected move doesn't sound too fun! :-)

I will PL the file tomorrow. Running a little behind on things today!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Au Milieu Des Sollicitudes is PL OK!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
PetraStAugustine

Post by PetraStAugustine »

Hello! If you still need someone for section 50, I would take it. (I am new! This would be my first recording.)
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

PetraStAugustine wrote: June 30th, 2021, 9:52 am Hello! If you still need someone for section 50, I would take it. (I am new! This would be my first recording.)
Hi,

Welcome to LibriVox! Section 50 is all yours! Please read the first post of this thread carefully.

Please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. It can be your real name, forum name or a pseudonym ~ whatever you prefer

Also, since this is your first recording, we ask that you send in a 1-minute test recording. This is not an audition, it's just to make sure the sound quality and the recording settings are all right - often things can be improved at the outset that are difficult to fix later. Please go to https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test to find out what to record for your 1-minute test, and how to upload the recording. In the LibriVox Uploader, please select 'tests - tests' from the MC drop-down, and then post your test recording in the Listeners Wanted forum, rather than in this thread - you'll get feedback more quickly there.

Thanks, and have fun!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
PetraStAugustine

Sounds good, thanks!
PetraStAugustine

m8b1 wrote: June 30th, 2021, 1:27 pm
PetraStAugustine wrote: June 30th, 2021, 9:52 am Hello! If you still need someone for section 50, I would take it. (I am new! This would be my first recording.)
Hi,

Welcome to LibriVox! Section 50 is all yours! Please read the first post of this thread carefully.

Please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. It can be your real name, forum name or a pseudonym ~ whatever you prefer

Also, since this is your first recording, we ask that you send in a 1-minute test recording. This is not an audition, it's just to make sure the sound quality and the recording settings are all right - often things can be improved at the outset that are difficult to fix later. Please go to https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test to find out what to record for your 1-minute test, and how to upload the recording. In the LibriVox Uploader, please select 'tests - tests' from the MC drop-down, and then post your test recording in the Listeners Wanted forum, rather than in this thread - you'll get feedback more quickly there.

Thanks, and have fun!
Thank you! I just posted my test file in the Listeners Wanted forum. And the name I'd like to appear under is: Jessyca Marie
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

PetraStAugustine wrote: July 5th, 2021, 1:55 pm
Thank you! I just posted my test file in the Listeners Wanted forum. And the name I'd like to appear under is: Jessyca Marie
Thanks ~ here is a link to your catalog page: https://librivox.org/reader/16394
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
balderdashful

Post by balderdashful »

Could I claim Section 11?