~ Short Story Collection 95

Short Poetry Collections, Short Story Collections, and our Weekly Poetry Project
Grothmann
Posts: 915
Joined: March 20th, 2017, 2:44 pm

Post by Grothmann » November 18th, 2020, 2:23 pm

Good Afternoon

The Back Seat
By Frank M. O’Brien
From The Cavalier,
September 21, 1912
Read by Dale Grothmann
Time 13:26

Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss095_backseat_dg_128kb.mp3

Text at:
https://s3.us-west-1.wasabisys.com/luminist/PU/CAV_1912_09_21.pdf
Page 331

Thanks
Dale

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21636
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » November 18th, 2020, 2:36 pm

Grothmann wrote:
November 18th, 2020, 2:23 pm
Good Afternoon

The Back Seat
By Frank M. O’Brien
From The Cavalier,
September 21, 1912
Read by Dale Grothmann
Time 13:26

Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss095_backseat_dg_128kb.mp3

Text at:
https://s3.us-west-1.wasabisys.com/luminist/PU/CAV_1912_09_21.pdf
Page 331

Thanks
Dale
Thank you
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 7 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 5 sections remaining
The Religious Experience of the Roman People 2 sections remaining
Distinguished Men of Science 1807-8 2 sections remaining

Grothmann
Posts: 915
Joined: March 20th, 2017, 2:44 pm

Post by Grothmann » November 18th, 2020, 7:58 pm

Good Evening:

The Bedside Manner
By Harold Hersey
From the Smart Set Magazine
September 1915
Read by Dale Grothmann
Time: 2:43

Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss095_bedsidemanner_dg_128kb.mp3

Text at:
https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=njp.32101076380532&view=1up&seq=14

Thanks
Dale

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21636
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » November 19th, 2020, 3:01 am

Grothmann wrote:
November 18th, 2020, 7:58 pm
Good Evening:

The Bedside Manner
By Harold Hersey
From the Smart Set Magazine
September 1915
Read by Dale Grothmann
Time: 2:43

Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss095_bedsidemanner_dg_128kb.mp3

Text at:
https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=njp.32101076380532&view=1up&seq=14

Thanks
Dale
Thank you
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 7 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 5 sections remaining
The Religious Experience of the Roman People 2 sections remaining
Distinguished Men of Science 1807-8 2 sections remaining

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21636
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » November 19th, 2020, 8:05 am

The Back Seat PL OK

The Bedside Manner PL OK
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 7 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 5 sections remaining
The Religious Experience of the Roman People 2 sections remaining
Distinguished Men of Science 1807-8 2 sections remaining

Grothmann
Posts: 915
Joined: March 20th, 2017, 2:44 pm

Post by Grothmann » November 19th, 2020, 7:50 pm

Good Evening:

On The Loathsomeness Of A Certain Capital Crime
By Lars Rue
From the Smart Set Magazine, January 1916
Read by Dale Grothmann
Time 2:16


Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss095_loathsomeness_dg_128kb.mp3

Text at:
https://archive.org/details/n1smartsetmagazine48nath/page/214/mode/2up

I would say that H.L. Mencken (the editor of Smart Set magazine) was not a fan of murder stories.

Thanks
Dale

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21636
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » November 20th, 2020, 7:25 am

Grothmann wrote:
November 19th, 2020, 7:50 pm
Good Evening:

On The Loathsomeness Of A Certain Capital Crime
By Lars Rue
From the Smart Set Magazine, January 1916
Read by Dale Grothmann
Time 2:16


Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss095_loathsomeness_dg_128kb.mp3

Text at:
https://archive.org/details/n1smartsetmagazine48nath/page/214/mode/2up

I would say that H.L. Mencken (the editor of Smart Set magazine) was not a fan of murder stories.

Thanks
Dale
Thank you
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 7 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 5 sections remaining
The Religious Experience of the Roman People 2 sections remaining
Distinguished Men of Science 1807-8 2 sections remaining

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21636
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » November 20th, 2020, 8:58 am

On the Loathsomeness... PL OK
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 7 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 5 sections remaining
The Religious Experience of the Roman People 2 sections remaining
Distinguished Men of Science 1807-8 2 sections remaining

Post Reply