[POETRY] Boys and Girls by James W Foley-mas

Short Poetry Collections, Short Story Collections, and our Weekly Poetry Project
Post Reply
samjn
Posts: 8
Joined: October 17th, 2020, 10:30 pm

Post by samjn » November 15th, 2020, 4:41 pm

silverquill wrote:
November 6th, 2020, 7:37 pm
samjn wrote:
November 6th, 2020, 6:34 pm
Hello!

Can I claim 31 (Girl of Mine)?

Cheers,
Sam
This is all yours.
Thank you!
Hello! Here's 31, Girl of Mine: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/boysandgirls_031_foley_128kb.mp3 (1:28)

Cheers,
Sam
Last edited by samjn on November 16th, 2020, 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 16171
Joined: February 23rd, 2009, 4:37 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » November 15th, 2020, 7:21 pm

carlijng wrote:
November 15th, 2020, 4:25 am
I would like to be listed as Carli in the Librivox catalogue. Thanks!
Catalog name updated.
MaryAnn

silverquill
Posts: 15272
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » November 15th, 2020, 9:19 pm

arisakinugawa wrote:
November 14th, 2020, 11:19 pm
Hi! i just finished recording for

60 - A world without care
80 - Afterward

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/boysandgirls_060_foley_128kbp.mp3 (1:30)
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/boysandgirls_080_foley_128kb.mp3 (1:45)
Thank you!
These are Ready for PL.
~ Larry

silverquill
Posts: 15272
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » November 15th, 2020, 9:21 pm

carlijng wrote:
November 15th, 2020, 4:24 am
Hi there!

I had finished recording #27: the garden of play
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/boysandgirls_027_foley_128kb.mp3 (1:49)
Great!
This is Ready for PL.
And your display name has been added to the LV Catalog.
Just click on you name in the MW to view you personal reader page. This is where you can track all of your LV projects, of which I hope there will be many.

WELCOME TO LIBRIVOX :clap:
~ Larry

silverquill
Posts: 15272
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » November 15th, 2020, 9:22 pm

alanmapstone wrote:
November 15th, 2020, 8:15 am
Can I add 100 (Slowville)?
Done.
Thank you!
~ Larry

silverquill
Posts: 15272
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » November 15th, 2020, 9:24 pm

samjn wrote:
November 15th, 2020, 4:41 pm

Hello! Here's 31, Girl of Mine: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/boysandgirls_031_foley_128kb.mp3

Cheers,
Sam
Thank you!
This is in the MW Ready for PL.

But, you forgot to include the file length.... mm:ss
~ Larry

mleigh
Posts: 353
Joined: May 31st, 2020, 2:19 pm
Location: New Mexico

Post by mleigh » November 16th, 2020, 4:47 pm

Here are the poems. I had big allergy problems while recording so if I need to redo any of the poems, please let me know. I recorded multiple versions until I got what I hope is okay.


28 We Ain't Scared O' Pa
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/boysandgirls_028_foley_128kb.mp3
1:55

36 The Travels of Mortimer Brown
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/boysandgirls_036_foley_128kb.mp3
3:06

82 The Tour of a Smile
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/boysandgirls_082_foley_128kb.mp3
2:26

102 The Strenuous Life
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/boysandgirls_102_foley_128kb.mp3
1:32



Could I also add 15 Nervoustown and 39 Somebody Did?



Thanks,

M

carlijng
Posts: 7
Joined: October 17th, 2020, 6:58 pm

Post by carlijng » November 16th, 2020, 4:50 pm

Hi there!

I had finished recording #70: back to school
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/boysandgirls_070_foley_128kb.mp3 (2:09)

silverquill
Posts: 15272
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » November 16th, 2020, 10:41 pm

mleigh wrote:
November 16th, 2020, 4:47 pm
Here are the poems. I had big allergy problems while recording so if I need to redo any of the poems, please let me know. I recorded multiple versions until I got what I hope is okay.


28 We Ain't Scared O' Pa
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/boysandgirls_028_foley_128kb.mp3
1:55

36 The Travels of Mortimer Brown
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/boysandgirls_036_foley_128kb.mp3
3:06

82 The Tour of a Smile
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/boysandgirls_082_foley_128kb.mp3
2:26

102 The Strenuous Life
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/boysandgirls_102_foley_128kb.mp3
1:32



Could I also add 15 Nervoustown and 39 Somebody Did?

I've added these for you and put your recordings in the MW Ready for PL.

Our DPL has had some interference from other quarters, so I'll try to help get caught up on some of the PL.


Thanks,

M
~ Larry

silverquill
Posts: 15272
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » November 16th, 2020, 10:42 pm

carlijng wrote:
November 16th, 2020, 4:50 pm
Hi there!

I had finished recording #70: back to school
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/boysandgirls_070_foley_128kb.mp3 (2:09)
Thank you!
Hang in there for you PL report.
We've had some unavoidable delays.
~ Larry

alanmapstone
Posts: 2217
Joined: February 15th, 2012, 12:20 pm
Location: Oxford

Post by alanmapstone » November 17th, 2020, 3:38 am

Section 104 - Youth

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/boysandgirls_104_foley_128kb.mp3
2:10

The text includes repeats of night and bloom in places where they make no sense. Is the text correct?
alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose

datnguyen1110
Posts: 9
Joined: November 3rd, 2020, 6:34 am

Post by datnguyen1110 » November 17th, 2020, 6:38 am

Hello there! This is my first time recording, and I wish to go by the name Damien1110. I'd like to record section 30 "Dear Little, Queer Little Man". Thank you!
~Dat Nguyen a.k.a Damien1110

silverquill
Posts: 15272
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » November 17th, 2020, 9:00 am

datnguyen1110 wrote:
November 17th, 2020, 6:38 am
Hello there! This is my first time recording, and I wish to go by the name Damien1110. I'd like to record section 30 "Dear Little, Queer Little Man". Thank you!
Thank you for your interest in this project.
We do, however, request that our new readers first complete a one-minute test recording to check out all of your technical specifications and any reading issues.

From the instructions for this, and all, projects under Point 2

New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!

Among the useful information there you will find instructions for completing your test recording. Once you have the "OK" on that post again here again, and you will be free to record for us.
~ Larry

datnguyen1110
Posts: 9
Joined: November 3rd, 2020, 6:34 am

Post by datnguyen1110 » November 18th, 2020, 9:37 am

silverquill wrote:
November 17th, 2020, 9:00 am
datnguyen1110 wrote:
November 17th, 2020, 6:38 am
Hello there! This is my first time recording, and I wish to go by the name Damien1110. I'd like to record section 30 "Dear Little, Queer Little Man". Thank you!
Thank you for your interest in this project.
We do, however, request that our new readers first complete a one-minute test recording to check out all of your technical specifications and any reading issues.

From the instructions for this, and all, projects under Point 2

New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!

Among the useful information there you will find instructions for completing your test recording. Once you have the "OK" on that post again here again, and you will be free to record for us.
Hello, I have uploaded the test file. The link is
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_datnguyen1110.mp3
~Dat Nguyen a.k.a Damien1110

Jodes
Posts: 13
Joined: November 17th, 2020, 11:18 am

Post by Jodes » November 20th, 2020, 10:34 am

Hello~ I would love to claim
58 A New Christmas Carol
(This will be my first recording- test recording complete and approved)

Thanks~

Post Reply