[POETRY] Boys and Girls by James W Foley-mas

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
silverquill
Posts: 16602
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » January 30th, 2021, 9:31 pm

Smilingjade wrote:
January 30th, 2021, 7:59 pm
I would like to read ‘ The land of the Blow Bubbles’.
I've put you in for Section 24.
Tip: It is best to request by section number -- makes it easier for everyone.

Thanks for joining this project.
~ Larry

silverquill
Posts: 16602
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » January 30th, 2021, 9:55 pm

MORE ORPHANS!
~ Larry

Smilingjade
Posts: 41
Joined: September 8th, 2018, 4:37 pm

Post by Smilingjade » January 31st, 2021, 6:36 am

Hello,
I would like to read section 98 and 103.

thank you,
Smilingjade

mleigh
Posts: 565
Joined: May 31st, 2020, 2:19 pm
Location: New Mexico

Post by mleigh » January 31st, 2021, 9:48 am

I'll take 63 and 111 if they're still open.

Thanks,

M

Smilingjade
Posts: 41
Joined: September 8th, 2018, 4:37 pm

Post by Smilingjade » January 31st, 2021, 5:58 pm

I have completed reading of section 024 - The Land of Blow Bubbles
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/boysandgirls_024_foley_128kb.mp3
I am very new to LibriVox...appreciate any feedback to improve as I am using Audacity app to record.

Thank you for the opportunity.
Yours truly,
SmilingJade

Smilingjade
Posts: 41
Joined: September 8th, 2018, 4:37 pm

Post by Smilingjade » January 31st, 2021, 6:09 pm

Hello,
I would love to read the following poems :
Section 103 - A Song of Motherhood
Section 105 - After the years

Thank you.
SmilingJade

silverquill
Posts: 16602
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » January 31st, 2021, 9:30 pm

Smilingjade wrote:
January 31st, 2021, 5:58 pm
I have completed reading of section 024 - The Land of Blow Bubbles
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/boysandgirls_024_foley_128kb.mp3
I am very new to LibriVox...appreciate any feedback to improve as I am using Audacity app to record.

Thank you for the opportunity.
Yours truly,
SmilingJade
I would say this is a very good start.
Just one minor thing -- at the end we like to have about 5 seconds of silence and you have only bout 3. If you could adjust that and upload the file again.

And don't forget also to give the file length as mm:ss

I've assigned you sections 98,103,105. You have overlapping claims, so let me know if this is correct.

Thank you for your reading!
~ Larry

silverquill
Posts: 16602
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » January 31st, 2021, 9:31 pm

mleigh wrote:
January 31st, 2021, 9:48 am
I'll take 63 and 111 if they're still open.

Thanks,

M
Great!
I've put you in for these.
~ Larry

Smilingjade
Posts: 41
Joined: September 8th, 2018, 4:37 pm

Post by Smilingjade » February 1st, 2021, 11:51 am

I made it longer and uploaded the file again...https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/boysandgirls_024_foley_128kb.mp3 duration is 02:59

Thank you.
Smilingjade

silverquill
Posts: 16602
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » February 1st, 2021, 10:24 pm

Smilingjade wrote:
February 1st, 2021, 11:51 am
I made it longer and uploaded the file again...https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/boysandgirls_024_foley_128kb.mp3 duration is 02:59

Thank you.
Smilingjade
Well, now you've made it too long, with about 6 seconds. It doesn't have to be exactly 5, but should be a little closer. Also, I measure this as just under 03:08
~ Larry

lomond
Posts: 2019
Joined: July 7th, 2008, 6:22 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon, area

Post by lomond » February 1st, 2021, 10:45 pm

Greetings -

Well, mleigh has been busy reading and has added Chapters 17 and 35 to the list of PL OK chapters for this project.

Lomond

yaumixx
Posts: 16
Joined: January 24th, 2021, 6:17 pm

Post by yaumixx » February 2nd, 2021, 6:32 am

Section 20 - On A Noiseless Fourth
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/boysandgirls_020_foley_128kb.mp3 (02:29)

Let me know if there's anything I need to fix. Thank you.

Smilingjade
Posts: 41
Joined: September 8th, 2018, 4:37 pm

Post by Smilingjade » February 2nd, 2021, 8:32 am

I think I have it just under 6 seconds at the end...https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/boysandgirls_024_foley_128kb.mp3
The duration is 03:01

Thank you,
SmilingJade

silverquill
Posts: 16602
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » February 2nd, 2021, 8:45 am

yaumixx wrote:
February 2nd, 2021, 6:32 am
Section 20 - On A Noiseless Fourth
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/boysandgirls_020_foley_128kb.mp3 (02:29)

Let me know if there's anything I need to fix. Thank you.
Thank you!
This is Ready for PL.
~ Larry

silverquill
Posts: 16602
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » February 2nd, 2021, 8:49 am

Smilingjade wrote:
February 2nd, 2021, 8:32 am
I think I have it just under 6 seconds at the end...https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/boysandgirls_024_foley_128kb.mp3
The duration is 03:01

Thank you,
SmilingJade
Well, I'm not sure how you are getting these measurements.
I opened this in Audacity, and the ending selince is now back to about 3 seconds and the total length 3:04 (includes the silence at beginning and end). But, I've fixed this and so we're good for this. I'm not trying to be overly picky, just want you to get used to the process. I appreciate your reading very much!
~ Larry

Post Reply