[COMPLETE] A Year's Prayer-Meeting Talks, L.A. Banks-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

KenricVO wrote: November 9th, 2020, 1:57 pm Hello! Hopefully this reading will be to your liking. If you need me to edit it further, please let me know!

Chapter 1 - The Characteristics of a Good Church Member.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/yearsprayermeetingtalks_01_Banks_128kb.mp3
Thank you! I'll enter this in the MW for Lomond to proof listen. I'll mention a couple of things right away you should take note of. For one thing, it's important that your file name contains only lowercase letters, no capitals. They cause things to sort funny. Second, every time you submit a file, you should include the run time of the recording. It ensures that the correct file has been submitted and that no part of it was cut off during the upload.

Stay tuned for Lomond's report!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

weezer wrote: November 10th, 2020, 4:34 pm I would like to claim chapters 5, 6, and 7
Thanks. Weezer
All yours, thanks!
KenricVO

Post by KenricVO »

mightyfelix wrote: November 10th, 2020, 7:33 pm
KenricVO wrote: November 9th, 2020, 1:57 pm Hello! Hopefully this reading will be to your liking. If you need me to edit it further, please let me know!

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/yearsprayermeetingtalks_01_Banks_128kb.mp3
Thank you! I'll enter this in the MW for Lomond to proof listen. I'll mention a couple of things right away you should take note of. For one thing, it's important that your file name contains only lowercase letters, no capitals. They cause things to sort funny. Second, every time you submit a file, you should include the run time of the recording. It ensures that the correct file has been submitted and that no part of it was cut off during the upload.

Good morning! Thank you for pointing out those things that I missed (capital letters and the run duration). I'll make updates to those things after I hear back from Lomond's report.

I have another question that maybe you can answer. I forgot to include "2 Kings x. 15" in the beginning. How should that be read so that I can add that to my recording?

Thanks,

Kenric
BeckyWTX

Post by BeckyWTX »

This is BeckyWTX. I would like to volunteer to read #33.
In the scripture heading, do you also want the King James Bible scriptures read or just reference the scripture?
BeckyWTX

Post by BeckyWTX »

This is BeckyWTX. May I also claim #24 please? Thank you.
Rebecca Eden Walker
BeckyWTX

Post by BeckyWTX »

This is BeckyWTX again! May I claim one final chapter? I love #3.
Thanks.
Rebecca Eden Walker
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

BeckyWTX wrote: November 11th, 2020, 6:38 am This is BeckyWTX. I would like to volunteer to read #33.
In the scripture heading, do you also want the King James Bible scriptures read or just reference the scripture?
BeckyWTX wrote: November 11th, 2020, 7:14 am This is BeckyWTX. May I also claim #24 please? Thank you.
Rebecca Eden Walker
BeckyWTX wrote: November 11th, 2020, 7:55 am This is BeckyWTX again! May I claim one final chapter? I love #3.
Thanks.
Rebecca Eden Walker
Welcome, Becky! (Or do you prefer I call you Rebecca?)

I'm happy to assign these three sections to you. They're not terribly long, so I think three should be manageable. Before you get started, though, please do complete your one-minute test: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test This is not an audition, but more of a sound/tech check, to be sure that your recordings will be in the right format. Once you have approval on that, you can get started on these. How would you like to be credited in the catalogue? You can use your real name, forum name, or some other pseudonym.

And to answer your question, no, just the reference, just as it's printed in the book. :)

Good luck with your test, and let me know if you run into trouble!
weezer

Post by weezer »

RozeLynn

Post by RozeLynn »

I would be happy to do section 9. :clap:
Lynnette :rose:

:!: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced. :!:
weezer

Post by weezer »

I would like to claim chapters 42-47.
Thanks. Weezer
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

KenricVO wrote: November 11th, 2020, 5:01 am

Good morning! Thank you for pointing out those things that I missed (capital letters and the run duration). I'll make updates to those things after I hear back from Lomond's report.

I have another question that maybe you can answer. I forgot to include "2 Kings x. 15" in the beginning. How should that be read so that I can add that to my recording?

Thanks,

Kenric
Whoops, looks like I missed this question the last time I was online! :oops:

I'm not sure if you're asking how to insert it, or simply need to know the exact words to use... :hmm: So I'll answer both potential questions. Sorry if it should be obvious. The wording is "Second Kings Ten Fifteen." To record it, the easiest way for most people is to open a new Audacity window, record the phrase there, then noise clean and do whatever else you did to the first recording. Then highlight that phrase, copy, and paste it where it needs to go in your original recording. You may need to copy/paste a little extra silence, also, if the break between phrases doesn't sound right. Then you might want to amplify the new phrase up or down a little bit to kind of match what's around it. And that's it!

I understand that, as this is your first recording, you're probably eager for feedback. So I'll PL this one soon, since Lomond hasn't been able to get to it yet.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

RozeLynn wrote: November 12th, 2020, 7:02 pm I would be happy to do section 9. :clap:
Happy to sign you up. Thanks! :D
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks! These are in the MW. :thumbs:
weezer wrote: November 13th, 2020, 3:21 pm I would like to claim chapters 42-47.
Thanks. Weezer
All yours, thanks so much! :D
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

KenricVO wrote: November 11th, 2020, 5:01 am

Thanks,

Kenric
Excellent work, Kenric! Very nicely read and almost PL ok. All you're missing is that scripture reference. Please add that in (see my previous post), change the file name to all lower case, and reupload. Be sure to include the run time. :thumbs: