(Complete) Love Stories Volume 4 -Lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
msfry

Post by msfry »

At last, The Kiss is PL OK. Volume at 86.4 is still quite low but within range and other tech specs are correct. You still talk quite fast and sometimes swallow syllables, but it is understandable. Your voice is actually quite charming, Isabella, so I hope you will stick with it and continue recording for LV.
AmyS

Post by AmyS »

Hi, I uploaded a story.
Regret by Guy de Maupassant:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/lovestories4_regret_de_Maupassant_as_128kb.mp3

from The Complete Short Stories Of Guy De Maupassant (p. 506)
https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.502678/page/n534/mode/2up

My catalogue name is Emily Maynard.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Regrets is PL OK. I will ask our MC if your file name is acceptable with the author's name as two entries: de_maupassant. Depending upon what she says you may have to upload it again eliminating de_. Also, in future please include file length with your submission.

This is one of my favorite de Maupassant stories. I love pieces that hit the ground running from the first few sentences, and just keep on from there. Great choice, and well read. Thank you, Emily!
AmyS

Post by AmyS »

Saw that the story in the MW was entered as "Regrets", it should be Regret (singular). Thank you!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

The file name is fine for this project. In future, please use only lower case or it makes the uploader crash at cataloguing.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Lynnet wrote: July 15th, 2021, 10:00 am The file name is fine for this project. In future, please use only lower case or it makes the uploader crash at cataloguing.
Are you going to change this, or should Emily do it. I am always afraid if the reader doesn't make the change on their computer, they might decide to upload again to tweak a little something, and over-write a change made by the MC.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

msfry wrote: July 15th, 2021, 10:05 am
Lynnet wrote: July 15th, 2021, 10:00 am The file name is fine for this project. In future, please use only lower case or it makes the uploader crash at cataloguing.
Are you going to change this, or should Emily do it. I am always afraid if the reader doesn't make the change on their computer, they might decide to upload again to tweak a little something, and over-write a change made by the MC.
No need to change it. In collections, all authors are changed to _various_
In regular projects, the author stays as it is written unless the MC does an “edit all” function… which some super-efficient MCs do as a matter of course. Some of us have to consciously remember to do it :roll: and some don’t do it at all (me up til about a year ago :lol: )
If the reader reuploads using the same incorrect file name, it will only overwrite the previous incorrectly named file. If she uploads with the corrected file name, it may overwrite changes by the MC, but if it’s all correct now, that doesn’t matter 8-)
No need to ever ask for a reupload purely for the file name unless it is so bad, it can’t be PLd, but if there are other edits, please ask for the file name to be corrected.

All this is contingent on instructions from the MC in any particular project :mrgreen:
cavaet

Post by cavaet »

msfry

Post by msfry »

PL Notes Her Lover
8:10 stumble, "and you avoid hav....and you haven't sent it."
10:00 garbled "I wrote a letter to Boles . . . and an answer from Boles to Teresa"
cavaet

Post by cavaet »

msfry wrote: July 24th, 2021, 6:58 am PL Notes Her Lover
10:00 garbled "I wrote a letter to Boles . . . and an answer from Boles to Teresa"

Arrrrgggghhhh. right fixing now
cavaet

Post by cavaet »

cavaet wrote: July 25th, 2021, 7:36 pm
msfry wrote: July 24th, 2021, 6:58 am PL Notes Her Lover

Arrrrgggghhhh. right fixing now

OK. File has been re-uploaded with corrections made
msfry

Post by msfry »

Okay, Caveat, Her Lover is PL OK. That's a sad story, but in truth, I guess we all live in our fantasies!

I see you haven't added a "signature" to your posts. In case you don't know how:

Visit your Control Panel (drop down arrow in upper right corner of any forum page next to your username/User Control Panel/Profile/Edit Signature) and set one up so people can address you by your preferred name, see your web address, projects, share a quote, crit/comments preferences, etc. While there, you can also designate how you want to receive notices (via email or forum notifications). Poke around for many interesting things you can personalize. :D
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

A signature isn’t required :mrgreen:
msfry

Post by msfry »

Lynnet wrote: July 26th, 2021, 7:48 am A signature isn’t required :mrgreen:
Not at all, but it is fun for those who want to use it. 8-)
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Uploaded The Donkey Who Loved a Star by Richard Le Gallienna

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/lovestories4_donkeythatloved_legallienne_waj_128kb.mp3
09:48

Source: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/14103/14103-h/14103-h.htm#essay12

PROSE FANCIES
(SECOND SERIES)
BY RICHARD LE GALLIENNE
Author Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Le_Gallienne
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison