(Complete) Love Stories Volume 4 -Lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
rachelmayferriman

Post by rachelmayferriman »

msfry wrote: March 8th, 2021, 8:29 am Thanks Rachael, I look forward to listening. What name would you like to appear in our catalog? Could be your username, or your real name, or another name, but once chosen it will appear next to all the files you read for our books. For example my username is msfry, my Real Name is Michele Fry. With this I can enter your offering into the Magic Window, and it will apply to all other projects as well.
Dear Michele,

Please would you put my name as my username rachelmayferriman? I have done a few readings which are slowly appearing in the catalogue. I hope you enjoy this one ... Funny enough, I had not heard of the author even though he's described as well known within South Africa. I liked this story, which seems to be from someone who listened well and enjoyed writing.
msfry

Post by msfry »

The Love Charm is PL OK. Thank you for this unique contribution, and compliments how you managed all those unusual names. I love exposure to stories that show cultures and mind-sets so different from my own. And yet, at the core, we all experience being charmed, charming, broken charms, rescuers, etc.
msfry

Post by msfry »

ICGM918 wrote: March 12th, 2021, 8:23 am Here's my contribution (5m:33s) now in mp3 (Sorry for it being wav the first time)

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/lovestories4_thekiss_chopin_icg_128kb.mp3

The author is Kate Chopin (1850-1904)
The Kiss
Sources:
https://americanliterature.com/author/kate-chopin/short-story/the-kiss
Somehow, I still cannot open your file. I get a "decoding failed" message due to a Huffman overrun, whatever that is. Please try saving/converting it again.
ICGM918

Post by ICGM918 »

Isabella Garcia
msfry

Post by msfry »

So sorry, Isabella, I've got the same problem. Can't open it. Let's see if Lynne (our MC) can open the file.
ICGM918

Post by ICGM918 »

Can a person only open the file if the upload is made out to them because I put the MC for my upload as Lynnet.
Isabella Garcia
msfry

Post by msfry »

ICGM918 wrote: March 13th, 2021, 11:37 am Can a person only open the file if the upload is made out to them because I put the MC for my upload as Lynnet.
Each MC has a folder to receive files for the projects they are MC'ing. Those files can be accessed from the post you make to the forum, which is also added to the Magic Window. I have never had a file not be openable before, so I'm stumped. Let's see what Lynne says, or maybe another participant on the project will try to open your file in Audacity. It does play in my Windows Media Player, just not in Audacity where I need to check it.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

msfry wrote: March 13th, 2021, 12:06 pm
ICGM918 wrote: March 13th, 2021, 11:37 am Can a person only open the file if the upload is made out to them because I put the MC for my upload as Lynnet.
Each MC has a folder to receive files for the projects they are MC'ing. Those files can be accessed from the post you make to the forum, which is also added to the Magic Window. I have never had a file not be openable before, so I'm stumped. Let's see what Lynne says, or maybe another participant on the project will try to open your file in Audacity. It does play in my Windows Media Player, just not in Audacity where I need to check it.
I can open it just fine, but it is incredibly quiet (72dB) with a high level of background noise.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Lynnet wrote: March 13th, 2021, 4:58 pm
I can open it just fine, but it is incredibly quiet (72dB) with a high level of background noise.
You open it in Audacity? If so, could you perhaps PL it, because I can't. This is a first. I checked and I can open other posted files just fine. What could be wrong?
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

msfry wrote: March 13th, 2021, 5:50 pm
Lynnet wrote: March 13th, 2021, 4:58 pm
You open it in Audacity? If so, could you perhaps PL it, because I can't. This is a first. I checked and I can open other posted files just fine. What could be wrong?
I downloaded it to my computer, then imported it to Audacity. I don’t usually do that when PLing unless there is an issue I need to check on.
I can PL it tomorrow.
cavaet

Post by cavaet »

msfry wrote: March 10th, 2021, 9:00 am PL Notes for Angela

This is one of my favorite love stories. Thanks for contributing it here. I haven't PL'd you before, so let me just say that other than obvious standard PL'ing, I only point out things I think sound weird or change meaning significantly. You can ignore these if you disagree.

4:37 she threw up her hands in a pretty affectation of despair, you say affection
9:08 'my Angela has known you very long, you say blown
Sorry about these two gaffs. I'll take care of it and re-submit
Last edited by cavaet on April 21st, 2021, 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

The Kiss

~0:48 slight stumble
~1:53 stumble "I see that you... I"
~3:36 strange noise... you probably should replace that whole sentence
Please ensure you have a full 5 seconds of "silence" at the end (currently 3.5)

The volume is very low at 72dB -- we look for 89dB, but usually can work with 86-92. Please amplify by about 17dB https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_z607awyLw
There is also a lot of background noise, which needs to be removed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFSg9o37HMw

In future recordings, I suggest you slow down... with audiobooks, slower is better as the listener's brain takes longer to process the words than a reader's. You will also find it easier to control your breathing and make fewer errors.
Also, watch for mic bumps... if you knock the mic or kick your chair, etc., there is a very distinct bump in the recording. If you notice yourself doing this, just go back and re-read the sentence. You can cut out the "bad" part when editing.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Lynnet wrote: March 13th, 2021, 6:07 pm I downloaded it to my computer, then imported it to Audacity. I don’t usually do that when PLing unless there is an issue I need to check on.
I can PL it tomorrow.
I did the same. It would not open in Audacity. Thanks for the PL.
cavaet

Post by cavaet »

ICGM918

Post by ICGM918 »

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/lovestories4_thekiss_chopin_icg_128kb.mp3
I increased the volume by 16dB, but when I listened to it, I didn't hear any background noise.
Isabella Garcia