Here are 20 more love stories under an hour each, offered by Librivox volunteers, covering all kinds of experiences involving romance or other kinds of love resulting in heartbreak or happiness -- where the heart overflows with passion, pride, emotion or wonder. You know -- love. ( ~ Michele Fry)
- There is no need to preclaim. Just record and submit a story (no poems please) with the requested information (see green text below).
- New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
- Once your story is submitted, please be on the lookout for your Proof Listeners notes, which if changes are required must be attended to for your story to be included in the catalog.
If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.[/b]
Level of prooflistening: special (I will follow along with the text and notate significant discrepancies)
Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ for the various levels used!
Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!
- Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): ( various) : n/a
- Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
- Number of sections (files) this project will have: 20
- Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: No
- Original publication date (if known):
Genres for the project: Short Stories
Keywords that describe the book: romance, short stories, love, patriotism
[*]BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: viewtopic.php?p=6430#p6430
Set your recording software to:
Channels: 1 (Mono)
Bit Rate: 128 kbps
Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
INTRO (start of recording)
- "Story Title by Author, read/recorded for Love Stories Volume 4 by (your name, location, web address, date, etc. if desired) (for stories 8 minutes or less, you may used the shortened disclaimer "This Librivox recording is in the public domain". Otherwise say) "This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
"Title, Author, then read the story"
OUTRO (end of recording)
- End of Title, by Author
There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The latest version of Audacity is recommended for noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
Save files as
128 kbps MP3
lovestories4_title_authorslastname_readersinitials_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) (e.g. lovestories4_songofblackbirds_dunsany_mtf_128kb.mp3)
[*]Example ID3 V2 tags
(To find out more about ID3 tags, go to our wiki: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/What_is_ID3)
Add the following tags to your .mp3 file (how you do this depends on which software you use – if you are unsure about ID3 tags, send me a message). Please mind upper and lower case!
Title: Story title
Album: Love Stories Volume 4
Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.
Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
- Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
- You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: lynnet
- When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please copy it and paste in this thread along with the following information:
Link to uploaded file and File Length in mm:ss
Name of your story
Author (birth year - death year)
Translator if applicable (birth year - death year)
Source from which you read (e.g. Gutenberg etext url)
- If it is your first submission, please state how you would like your name to appear in the catalog (username, real name, other).
Please post below[/list]
BC: Michele Fry (msfry)
MC: Lynne Thompson (lynnet)
DPL: Michele Fry and others
Cover: Michele Fry