[POETRY] Anthology of Magazine Verse for 1913 edited by William Stanley Braithwaite-ag

Short Poetry Collections, Short Story Collections, and our Weekly Poetry Project
Post Reply
RachDM
Posts: 22
Joined: November 14th, 2020, 1:34 pm

Post by RachDM » November 24th, 2020, 7:16 am

silverquill wrote:
November 23rd, 2020, 9:24 am
RachDM wrote:
November 23rd, 2020, 8:19 am
Hi there,

St John and the Faun: https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/anthologyofmagazineverse1913_31_braithwaite_128kb.mp3

The Sin Eater: https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/anthologyofmagazineverse1913_40_braithwaite_128kb.mp3

I look forward to any comments :D

All the best,
Rachel
Another LibriVox star enters upon the stage!
Fabulous reading of these poems. I especially loved your rendition of The Sin Eater!
And technically perfect, so the are marked PL OK. (You did forget to include the file length for these, as mm:ss, but I've added them, but keep in mind for future submissions).

I hope we will hear a lot more of your reading in the days ahead, :D
Thank you so much for this! That's great to hear! :D Sorry I forgot the file length, I'll remember next time thank you!
Rachel

silverquill
Posts: 15963
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » November 24th, 2020, 7:32 am

alanmapstone wrote:
November 23rd, 2020, 10:52 am
Section 15 - Sappho

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/anthologyofmagazineverse1913_15_braithwaite_128kb.mp3
6;31

This is the first part of a longer 3 part poem. I may record the whole thing for the Poetry Collection. :D
PL OK
Thank you, Alan
~ Larry

stevebattag
Posts: 11
Joined: October 30th, 2020, 11:23 am

Post by stevebattag » November 25th, 2020, 5:19 am

Hello,

I am reposting section 19 with (hopefully!) a shorter silence at the beginning of the recording. Here is the link:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/anthologyofmagazineverse1913_19_braithwaite_128kb.mp3

Also, the length, which I forgot to include last time, is 01:33.

Please let me know if this version is ok. Happy to retry if anything is not correct.

Thanks,

Steve Battaglia

RachDM
Posts: 22
Joined: November 14th, 2020, 1:34 pm

Post by RachDM » November 25th, 2020, 5:47 am

Hi silverquill,

I've already recorded two but I'm not sure if there's a limit on the number an individual can do for this anthology? I'm happy to do number 13: To a child falling asleep if I'm able to do another one?

Many thanks,
Rachel

silverquill
Posts: 15963
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » November 25th, 2020, 9:58 am

RachDM wrote:
November 25th, 2020, 5:47 am
Hi silverquill,

I've already recorded two but I'm not sure if there's a limit on the number an individual can do for this anthology? I'm happy to do number 13: To a child falling asleep if I'm able to do another one?

Many thanks,
Rachel
Feel free to read as many as you wish!
You're in for this, and just three left. :)
~ Larry

silverquill
Posts: 15963
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » November 25th, 2020, 10:03 am

stevebattag wrote:
November 25th, 2020, 5:19 am
Hello,

I am reposting section 19 with (hopefully!) a shorter silence at the beginning of the recording. Here is the link:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/anthologyofmagazineverse1913_19_braithwaite_128kb.mp3

Also, the length, which I forgot to include last time, is 01:33.

Please let me know if this version is ok. Happy to retry if anything is not correct.

Thanks,

Steve Battaglia
You're golden!
Sorry to be a little picky, but wanted to get you off to a good start, and these things will become routine for you.
I'm looking forward to hearing your next poems in this project. :D
~ Larry

RachDM
Posts: 22
Joined: November 14th, 2020, 1:34 pm

Post by RachDM » November 25th, 2020, 11:07 am

silverquill wrote:
November 25th, 2020, 9:58 am
RachDM wrote:
November 25th, 2020, 5:47 am
Hi silverquill,

I've already recorded two but I'm not sure if there's a limit on the number an individual can do for this anthology? I'm happy to do number 13: To a child falling asleep if I'm able to do another one?

Many thanks,
Rachel
Feel free to read as many as you wish!
You're in for this, and just three left. :)
Great thanks!

OooThatsNifty
Posts: 390
Joined: June 13th, 2020, 11:54 pm

Post by OooThatsNifty » November 26th, 2020, 2:20 am

#35 - The Kallyope Yell:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/anthologyofmagazineverse1913_35_braithwaite_128kb.mp3
Time: 4:48

...I'm always up for CC, but even moreso for this insanity. Let me know, happy to edit / retake as need be :)

RachDM
Posts: 22
Joined: November 14th, 2020, 1:34 pm

Post by RachDM » November 26th, 2020, 10:08 am

Hi there,

To a child falling asleep:
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/anthologyofmagazineverse1913_13_braithwaite_128kb.mp3

03:10

I look forward to any comments.
Rachel

gcarlson
Posts: 14
Joined: October 3rd, 2020, 1:03 pm

Post by gcarlson » November 28th, 2020, 6:54 pm

Hello,
Here is "may is building her house"
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/anthologyofmagazineverse1913_4_braithwaite_128kb.mp3
1:41

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!
gcarlson

datnguyen1110
Posts: 12
Joined: November 3rd, 2020, 6:34 am

Post by datnguyen1110 » November 30th, 2020, 8:19 am

Greetings,

Below is my recording of section 39 "Rich Man, Poor Man" by Francis Hill.


https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/anthologyofmagazineverse1913_39_braithwaite_128kb.mp3 00:55

Thank you.
~Dat Nguyen a.k.a Damien1110

silverquill
Posts: 15963
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » November 30th, 2020, 11:02 am

OooThatsNifty wrote:
November 26th, 2020, 2:20 am
#35 - The Kallyope Yell:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/anthologyofmagazineverse1913_35_braithwaite_128kb.mp3
Time: 4:48

...I'm always up for CC, but even moreso for this insanity. Let me know, happy to edit / retake as need be :)
:clap: Love it! I think you captured the poet's intent masterfully!
I probably would have used a different pronunciation for Kallyope, but I think you got it right. The only other thing I'm not sure is the spelling out of R-O-A-R but we'll go with your interpretation. I tried to find his recording of this, but couldn't come up with it, although a lot of his other ones.

Anyway, I wouldn't change a thing!
Thanks for taking on the challenge. :D
~ Larry

silverquill
Posts: 15963
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » November 30th, 2020, 11:02 am

RachDM wrote:
November 26th, 2020, 10:08 am
Hi there,

To a child falling asleep:
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/anthologyofmagazineverse1913_13_braithwaite_128kb.mp3

03:10

I look forward to any comments.
Rachel
Lovely reading!
Just one note:
0:30 Text: “One more last time her lids are lifted” I hear “last” as missing.
~ Larry

silverquill
Posts: 15963
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » November 30th, 2020, 11:04 am

gcarlson wrote:
November 28th, 2020, 6:54 pm
Hello,
Here is "may is building her house"
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/anthologyofmagazineverse1913_4_braithwaite_128kb.mp3
1:41

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!
gcarlson
Very nice reading!
My only quibble is the pronunciation of "lichen" which I have always heard is "like-un."

Nonetheless, I'm marking this PL OK.
~ Larry

silverquill
Posts: 15963
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » November 30th, 2020, 11:05 am

datnguyen1110 wrote:
November 30th, 2020, 8:19 am
Greetings,

Below is my recording of section 39 "Rich Man, Poor Man" by Francis Hill.


https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/anthologyofmagazineverse1913_39_braithwaite_128kb.mp3 00:55

Thank you.
This is PL OK.
Thank you!
~ Larry

Post Reply