Complete[POETRY] Anthology of Magazine Verse for 1913 edited by William Stanley Braithwaite-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
svonb002

Post by svonb002 »

Hello. May I claim sections 11, 18, and 46?
~ Stefan V.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

svonb002 wrote: November 1st, 2020, 3:34 pm Hello. May I claim sections 11, 18, and 46?
All yours!
Thanks you.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
megbernardo

Post by megbernardo »

Hello! Can I read sections 9 and 10?
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

megbernardo wrote: November 1st, 2020, 7:37 pm Hello! Can I read sections 9 and 10?
I've added you for these sections.
Please let us know how you would like to be listed in the LibriVox catalog -- real name, pseudonym, or any nickname you wish. This is how you will be credited for you LibriVox work.

Thank you, and welcome!
~ Larry
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

silverquill wrote: October 28th, 2020, 9:37 pm
mleigh wrote: October 28th, 2020, 5:08 pm Here are my three poesm.
30 and 37 are PL OK
Love "Ghosts" I read that for a short poetry collection because I live in the woods of "cold New Englan." :lol:

Number 6, "Wind," however, I think needs a major change.

I'm sure that the poet intends the word "bow" to be pronounce like "taking a bow" (rhyming with "cow") rather than "bow" as in bow and arrow or a bow shape.
I think it is clearest in the last stanza where the trees bow down and the heart bends in like manner.

If you want to make a case for your interpretation, I'll go with that, so let me know what you think.

Lovely expression in all of these poems! :)
Is it okay to strangle my husband. I asked him before I uploaded it, which version of bow I should use. And then, after your response I asked again and he gave me a different answer. (And, he teaches grammar.) So here is the new recording (this is actually how I recorded it the first time, before checking with my husband. That will teach me to listen to him.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/anthologyofmagazineverse1913_06_braithwaite_128kb.mp3
1:11

Thanks,

M
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

mleigh wrote: November 2nd, 2020, 6:43 pm

Is it okay to strangle my husband. I asked him before I uploaded it, which version of bow I should use. And then, after your response I asked again and he gave me a different answer. (And, he teaches grammar.) So here is the new recording (this is actually how I recorded it the first time, before checking with my husband. That will teach me to listen to him.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/anthologyofmagazineverse1913_06_braithwaite_128kb.mp3
1:11

Thanks,

M
Oh, be gentle with him! :lol:

These are tricky words. I had an interesting discussion on a poem over the word "lowering" once. It also has two pronunciations with two meanings. English is full of these. I've taught English in the Korean public schools, and we didn't even try some of these. Korean doesn't have this problem, but their homophones are at least as bad if not worse than English.

Anyway, it is a lovely poem and glad to have your reading of it in this collection.
Feel free to find another, if you like. :wink:
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

roboro wrote: October 31st, 2020, 3:54 am 22 is done:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/anthologyofmagazineverse1913_22_braithwaite_128kb.mp3
Track Length
0:59.45 (m:ss.ss)
This is PL OK.
Thank you!
~ Larry
Khaylajones

Post by Khaylajones »

stevebattag

Post by stevebattag »

Hello,

Could I please claim sections 19, 27, and 28?

I am a new reader and this will be my first recording.

Steven J. Battaglia
megbernardo

Post by megbernardo »

silverquill wrote: November 1st, 2020, 8:03 pm
megbernardo wrote: November 1st, 2020, 7:37 pm Hello! Can I read sections 9 and 10?
I've added you for these sections.
Please let us know how you would like to be listed in the LibriVox catalog -- real name, pseudonym, or any nickname you wish. This is how you will be credited for you LibriVox work.

Thank you, and welcome!
Thanks! I'd like to be listed as Meg Bernardo.
stevebattag

Post by stevebattag »

Hi

I recently submitted a request to claim sections 19, 27 and 28, but I don't think I saw a reply. I am a new volunteer and I may not have submitted correctly. Please let me know if there is something else I need to do.

Thanks,

Steve Battaglia
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Khaylajones wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 1:12 pm Here is the recording for number 24: Waiting.
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/anthologyofmagazineverse1913_24_braithwaite_128kb.mp3
-khaylajones
Thank you! We do like to have you post the file length along with the link, as mm:ss
But I will get it for this one when I proof listen, so not to worry.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

stevebattag wrote: November 6th, 2020, 4:07 am Hi

I recently submitted a request to claim sections 19, 27 and 28, but I don't think I saw a reply. I am a new volunteer and I may not have submitted correctly. Please let me know if there is something else I need to do.

Thanks,

Steve Battaglia
Sorry for the delay. I did see this, and got interrupted, so thanks for checking.

I've added you to the LibriVox catalog, with your full name. If you want to be credited some other way, just let me know. You click on your name in the Magic Window to see your personal reader page. This is where you can track all of your LibriVox projects, of which I hope there will be many. You will find this a great way to invest some of your retirement time -- and a lot of fun. I've assigned you the above sections and am looking forward to hearing your recordings.

WELCOME TO LIBRIVOX :clap:
~ Larry
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Can I add section 16?
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

alanmapstone wrote: November 6th, 2020, 10:56 pm Can I add section 16?
Added - thank you!
~ Larry