[ESSAYS] On by Hilaire Belloc - mtf

Short Poetry Collections, Short Story Collections, and our Weekly Poetry Project
Post Reply
silverquill
Posts: 15330
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » November 2nd, 2020, 10:44 pm

algarner wrote:
November 2nd, 2020, 10:38 pm
Here's chapter 14:
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/on_14_belloc_128kb.mp3 (12:20)
Thank you!
I've marked this Ready for PL.
~ Larry

Owlivia
Posts: 357
Joined: June 3rd, 2020, 10:29 am

Post by Owlivia » November 2nd, 2020, 11:01 pm

ADKreader1122 wrote:
November 2nd, 2020, 9:55 am
Hello Owlivia,
Two small notes on Section #5, which was so much fun to listen to!
They are:
5:05 "...upon her death it collapsed. It may be so." Please change "May it be so" to "It may be so."

9:49 "...waste a universe of energy working with..." Please remove "out"
Thank you!
Lora
Section 5, with corrections
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/on_05_belloc_128kb.mp3
12:52.15

So interesting to read, because NOBODY that I know has EVER cribbed footnotes. :lol:

silverquill
Posts: 15330
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » November 2nd, 2020, 11:09 pm

Owlivia wrote:
November 2nd, 2020, 11:01 pm
ADKreader1122 wrote:
November 2nd, 2020, 9:55 am
Hello Owlivia,
Two small notes on Section #5, which was so much fun to listen to!
They are:
5:05 "...upon her death it collapsed. It may be so." Please change "May it be so" to "It may be so."

9:49 "...waste a universe of energy working with..." Please remove "out"
Thank you!
Lora
Section 5, with corrections
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/on_05_belloc_128kb.mp3
12:52.15

So interesting to read, because NOBODY that I know has EVER cribbed footnotes. :lol:
Thanks.
Marked Ready for Spot PL.
~ Larry

ADKreader1122
Posts: 594
Joined: January 9th, 2018, 10:48 am

Post by ADKreader1122 » November 3rd, 2020, 1:56 pm

PL Okay for Section #5--thank you, Owlivia!

Lora

silverquill
Posts: 15330
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » November 5th, 2020, 11:20 am

My two sections are up and Ready for PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/on_04_belloc_128kb.mp3 14:29
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/on_30_belloc_128kb.mp3 09:25

I thought "Mumbo-Jumbo" particular suited to our time . . . :lol:
~ Larry

ADKreader1122
Posts: 594
Joined: January 9th, 2018, 10:48 am

Post by ADKreader1122 » November 5th, 2020, 1:25 pm

Hi Larry,
Section #4 is PL Okay. I certainly agree with you that "Mumbo-Jumbo" is especially appropriate!

Thank you,
Lora

ADKreader1122
Posts: 594
Joined: January 9th, 2018, 10:48 am

Post by ADKreader1122 » November 5th, 2020, 5:38 pm

To Larry and algarner--
Sections #30 and #14 are both PL Okay--well done!

Thanks,
Lora

alatheron
Posts: 14
Joined: October 26th, 2020, 4:25 pm

Post by alatheron » November 7th, 2020, 9:50 am

Section 25 - On a Tag Provider for PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/on_25_belloc_128kb.mp3 (15:49)

Thank you,
Andrew

ADKreader1122
Posts: 594
Joined: January 9th, 2018, 10:48 am

Post by ADKreader1122 » November 8th, 2020, 11:42 am

Hello Andrew,
PL Okay on Chapter #25--nice job on quite an interesting topic!

Thank you,
Lora

KHurst
Posts: 8
Joined: September 30th, 2020, 2:27 pm

Post by KHurst » November 8th, 2020, 1:42 pm

Here is chapter 19- On Truth and The Admiralty. Length 8:02

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/on_19_belloc_128kb.mp3

silverquill
Posts: 15330
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » November 8th, 2020, 8:40 pm

ADKreader1122 wrote:
November 8th, 2020, 11:42 am
Hello Andrew,
PL Okay on Chapter #25--nice job on quite an interesting topic!

Thank you,
Lora
Thank you both!
~ Larry

silverquill
Posts: 15330
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » November 8th, 2020, 8:40 pm

KHurst wrote:
November 8th, 2020, 1:42 pm
Here is chapter 19- On Truth and The Admiralty. Length 8:02

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/on_19_belloc_128kb.mp3
This is Ready for PL.
Thank you!
~ Larry

ADKreader1122
Posts: 594
Joined: January 9th, 2018, 10:48 am

Post by ADKreader1122 » November 9th, 2020, 5:37 pm

Hi Kendra,
Section #19 is PL Okay.
Thank you for your contribution!

Lora

KHurst
Posts: 8
Joined: September 30th, 2020, 2:27 pm

Post by KHurst » November 12th, 2020, 6:54 am

Here is chapter 28, On the Melting of the Ice. Length 7:49.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/on_28_belloc_128kb.mp3

silverquill
Posts: 15330
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » November 12th, 2020, 8:57 am

KHurst wrote:
November 12th, 2020, 6:54 am
Here is chapter 28, On the Melting of the Ice. Length 7:49.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/on_28_belloc_128kb.mp3
Thank you!
Ready for PL.
~ Larry

Post Reply