[FULL] [GROUP - Short Stories] Myths and Legends Around the World (in English) - Collection 4-lny

Short Poetry Collections, Short Story Collections, and our Weekly Poetry Project
MagAnna

Post by MagAnna » October 23rd, 2020, 8:14 pm

Hello, I would like to claim "The Ghost of Wahuala Temple" from Legends of Gods and Ghosts (Hawaiian Mythology).

CameronDavisWA

Post by CameronDavisWA » October 24th, 2020, 3:39 am

LCaulkins wrote:
October 23rd, 2020, 11:07 am

Cameron, these are REALLY great recordings! You're a natural. :)

There is only one thing to fix on each of the files: There can be no capitals in LibriVox file names. So, just like you'll find on poetry files, if you ever contribute to those, your initials need to be in lower case.

If you can please rename your mp3s with the lower case, then upload those 2 new file names and post the links here, we'll be all set for these two sections! 8-)
Thanks, that means a lot :D I've gone ahead and reuploaded the files without capital letters

Chapter 1: https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/mlaw004_giantsoftheworldchap1_lanier_cd_128kb.mp3

Intro: https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/mlaw004_giantsoftheworldintro_lanier_cd_128kb.mp3

SomethingClever

Post by SomethingClever » October 25th, 2020, 5:57 am

I'd like to claim 2 sections if possible

Both would be Iranian myths (specifically Kay Kavous and The Seven Labours of Rostam) that can be found in the link below

https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/10315

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins » October 25th, 2020, 10:44 am

CameronDavisWA wrote:
October 24th, 2020, 3:39 am

Thanks, that means a lot :D I've gone ahead and reuploaded the files without capital letters

Chapter 1: https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/mlaw004_giantsoftheworldchap1_lanier_cd_128kb.mp3

Intro: https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/mlaw004_giantsoftheworldintro_lanier_cd_128kb.mp3

Perfect! Both of your sections are PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:

Thanks so much!
~Lynette in Colorado, USA
My Sections
5 wks so far of my own Covid. My father-in-law died from it after we contracted it at the funeral for my mother-in-law, who died in Oct of lung cancer discovered in Sep. Be well! recording on hold, PL/edit happening

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins » October 25th, 2020, 10:57 am

SomethingClever wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 5:57 am
I'd like to claim 2 sections if possible

Both would be Iranian myths (specifically Kay Kavous and The Seven Labours of Rostam) that can be found in the link below

https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/10315
Done :) Two sections are assigned for you. And thanks for finding us another fantastic source!
My Sections
5 wks so far of my own Covid. My father-in-law died from it after we contracted it at the funeral for my mother-in-law, who died in Oct of lung cancer discovered in Sep. Be well! recording on hold, PL/edit happening

Miles06

Post by Miles06 » October 25th, 2020, 11:17 am

I would like to claim to a chapter for a couple of Washington Irving's short stories.

They'll probably be around 20 min altogether, when I record it.

I know I'm doing The Haunted House, but I haven't decided on the other 2-3

FYI this is my first recording with Librivox, so be honest with me when you hear it

Thank you, Miles Coleman

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins » October 25th, 2020, 5:29 pm

Miles06 wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 11:17 am
I would like to claim to a chapter for a couple of Washington Irving's short stories.

They'll probably be around 20 min altogether, when I record it.

I know I'm doing The Haunted House, but I haven't decided on the other 2-3

FYI this is my first recording with Librivox, so be honest with me when you hear it

Thank you, Miles Coleman
Hi, Miles - welcome to LibriVox!

This collection is actually full, but "The Haunted House" would be perfect in this short story project:

Ghost and Horror Short Story Collection Vol. 045

Before you do your story recording, though, please make sure to do the 1-Minute "Test" and post it to the Listener & Editors Wanted board. (You should have a welcome email from LibriVox with information about that.)

Also, when you post in the other project to request a section for your story, don't forget to tell that manager what name you want them to use to create your Reader Catalog Page. Some of use our real names on those, others use our working name (the one on this board), and others make up a different psuedonym.

Glad to have you around!
My Sections

RomaSingh

Post by RomaSingh » October 28th, 2020, 9:15 am

Hi! Could I read Atalanta's Race by Josephine Preston Peabody?
Here is the text: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/9313/9313-h/9313-h.htm#link2H_4_0012

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins » October 28th, 2020, 10:51 am

RomaSingh wrote:
October 28th, 2020, 9:15 am
Hi! Could I read Atalanta's Race by Josephine Preston Peabody?
Here is the text: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/9313/9313-h/9313-h.htm#link2H_4_0012
Hi, Roma!

At this moment, Collection 4 is filled. Atalanta's Race would be a most excellent selection for collection 5 when it is opened, and will be very welcome there.

EDIT: Here is the link to Collection 5, but please note that it does not yet have an MC and is not yet activated:

Myths and Legends Around the World - Collection 5
My Sections

RomaSingh

Post by RomaSingh » October 28th, 2020, 11:05 am

Ok thanks! Should I post my recording when Collection 5 has its MC and has been activated?

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins » October 28th, 2020, 1:32 pm

Yes, need to wait to upload and post the recording.

The file name will be different from what this collection 4 tells you, and the upload MC path will probably be different, as well. So we won't know where you should upload until it's been picked up.
My Sections

RomaSingh

Post by RomaSingh » October 28th, 2020, 5:17 pm

LCaulkins wrote:
October 28th, 2020, 1:32 pm
Yes, need to wait to upload and post the recording.

The file name will be different from what this collection 4 tells you, and the upload MC path will probably be different, as well. So we won't know where you should upload until it's been picked up.
Ok cool! Thanks!

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins » October 29th, 2020, 8:48 am

MagAnna wrote:
October 23rd, 2020, 8:14 pm
Hello, I would like to claim "The Ghost of Wahuala Temple" from Legends of Gods and Ghosts (Hawaiian Mythology).
Hi, Gabi!

I'm so sorry that this comment escaped my notice while I was sicker.

This sounds like a perfect short story for our collection, but I'm not familiar yet with the source. Do you have a link for it, to make sure it's public domain?

Also, as collection 4 is full, this would need to go in the Collection 5 set, which is currently waiting to be picked up by an MC for us.
My Sections

MagAnna

Post by MagAnna » October 30th, 2020, 9:22 am

Hello, yes the link is here: https://archive.org/details/legendsofgodsgho00westrich/page/4/mode/2up

I got there from the google doc of compiled sources. If this will go in Collection 5, should I comment in that thread to claim it there?
LCaulkins wrote:
October 29th, 2020, 8:48 am
MagAnna wrote:
Hi, Gabi!

This sounds like a perfect short story for our collection, but I'm not familiar yet with the source. Do you have a link for it, to make sure it's public domain?

Also, as collection 4 is full, this would need to go in the Collection 5 set, which is currently waiting to be picked up by an MC for us.

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins » October 31st, 2020, 10:40 am

MagAnna wrote:
October 30th, 2020, 9:22 am
Hello, yes the link is here: https://archive.org/details/legendsofgodsgho00westrich/page/4/mode/2up

I got there from the google doc of compiled sources. If this will go in Collection 5, should I comment in that thread to claim it there?
LCaulkins wrote:
October 29th, 2020, 8:48 am
MagAnna wrote:
Hi, Gabi!

Yes, go right ahead and post a comment on Collection 5's board, and when it's picked up, I'll get the section assigned for you. :)
My Sections