Short Mystery and Suspense Collection 009 - lt

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21186
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » October 3rd, 2020, 7:33 am

Grothmann wrote:
October 2nd, 2020, 10:26 pm
Hi again.

Short vacation. Who goes to LA for clean air??

Anyway--

The Killer
By Harold Ward
From Weird Tales Magazine, February 1924
Read by Dale Grothmann
Time 10:37

Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/sms009_killer_dg_128kb.mp3

Text at:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aiJ_jyQ5sT0CcVhQMc_LwanNQO1bji5c/view
(page 91 -- broken up into sections)

Enjoy.
Dale
Whatever the reason, hope you had a good time.

Do you have a better text source?
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 10 sections remaining
King Mombo 1 sections remaining
Hinduism and Buddhism Vol. 3 21 sections remaining

Grothmann
Posts: 874
Joined: March 20th, 2017, 2:44 pm

Post by Grothmann » October 3rd, 2020, 10:12 am


cherylstewart
Posts: 2371
Joined: October 8th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Post by cherylstewart » October 3rd, 2020, 1:18 pm

Section 5 "The Killer" PL OK
Welcome back :D

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21186
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » October 3rd, 2020, 2:15 pm

Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 10 sections remaining
King Mombo 1 sections remaining
Hinduism and Buddhism Vol. 3 21 sections remaining

retroindiereader
Posts: 11
Joined: July 30th, 2019, 10:57 am
Location: Arizona US

Post by retroindiereader » October 3rd, 2020, 11:21 pm

For my first contribution to Librivox, I would like to submit one of the later Sherlock Holmes stories.

The Adventure of the Illustrious Client
by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (1859-1930)
From Collier's magazine, November 8, 1924
Read by Shaun
Time: 59:59

audio: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/sms009_adventureoftheIllustriousclient_rir_128kb.mp3

text: https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=mdp.39015056079406&view=1up&seq=241
~Shaun

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21186
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » October 4th, 2020, 7:14 am

retroindiereader wrote:
October 3rd, 2020, 11:21 pm
For my first contribution to Librivox, I would like to submit one of the later Sherlock Holmes stories.

The Adventure of the Illustrious Client
by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (1859-1930)
From Collier's magazine, November 8, 1924
Read by Shaun
Time: 59:59

audio: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/sms009_adventureoftheIllustriousclient_rir_128kb.mp3

text: https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=mdp.39015056079406&view=1up&seq=241
Thank you.
Cheryl will listen soon and give her feedback.
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 10 sections remaining
King Mombo 1 sections remaining
Hinduism and Buddhism Vol. 3 21 sections remaining

cherylstewart
Posts: 2371
Joined: October 8th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Post by cherylstewart » October 4th, 2020, 12:02 pm

Section 6 PL Notes - One repeat at 1:00 minute in "It was over a cigarette.....It was over a..." All else is ok. Cheryl

retroindiereader
Posts: 11
Joined: July 30th, 2019, 10:57 am
Location: Arizona US

Post by retroindiereader » October 4th, 2020, 12:15 pm

cherylstewart wrote:
October 4th, 2020, 12:02 pm
Section 6 PL Notes - One repeat at 1:00 minute in "It was over a cigarette.....It was over a..." All else is ok. Cheryl
I think I found the repeat and removed it. New duration is 59:55.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/sms009_adventureoftheIllustriousclient_rir_128kb.mp3
~Shaun

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21186
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » October 4th, 2020, 3:32 pm

retroindiereader wrote:
October 4th, 2020, 12:15 pm
cherylstewart wrote:
October 4th, 2020, 12:02 pm
Section 6 PL Notes - One repeat at 1:00 minute in "It was over a cigarette.....It was over a..." All else is ok. Cheryl
I think I found the repeat and removed it. New duration is 59:55.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/sms009_adventureoftheIllustriousclient_rir_128kb.mp3
Thank you
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 10 sections remaining
King Mombo 1 sections remaining
Hinduism and Buddhism Vol. 3 21 sections remaining

cherylstewart
Posts: 2371
Joined: October 8th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Post by cherylstewart » October 4th, 2020, 7:35 pm

Section 6 "The Adventure of the Illustrious Client" PL OK
:thumbs: Cheryl

Grothmann
Posts: 874
Joined: March 20th, 2017, 2:44 pm

Post by Grothmann » October 4th, 2020, 10:42 pm

Hi:

The Secret Fear
By Kenneth Duane Whipple
From Weird Tales Magazine, May 1923
Read by Dale Grothmann
Time 34:03

Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/sms009_secretfear_dg_128kb.mp3

Text at:
https://archive.org/details/WeirdTalesV01n03192305/page/n21/mode/2up

It really turns out to just be a creepy detective story.

Enjoy
Dale

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21186
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » October 5th, 2020, 6:50 am

Grothmann wrote:
October 4th, 2020, 10:42 pm
Hi:

The Secret Fear
By Kenneth Duane Whipple
From Weird Tales Magazine, May 1923
Read by Dale Grothmann
Time 34:03

Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/sms009_secretfear_dg_128kb.mp3

Text at:
https://archive.org/details/WeirdTalesV01n03192305/page/n21/mode/2up

It really turns out to just be a creepy detective story.

Enjoy
Dale
Thank you
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 10 sections remaining
King Mombo 1 sections remaining
Hinduism and Buddhism Vol. 3 21 sections remaining

cherylstewart
Posts: 2371
Joined: October 8th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Post by cherylstewart » October 5th, 2020, 11:04 am

Section 7 "The Secret Fear" PL OK
:9:

Grothmann
Posts: 874
Joined: March 20th, 2017, 2:44 pm

Post by Grothmann » October 6th, 2020, 2:33 pm

Hi:

I debated whether this should be here or in short story. I decided, because of the title, here.


The Mystery Of Black Jean
By Julian Kilman
From Weird Tales Magazine, March 1923
Read by Dale Grothmann
Time 25:08

Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/sms009_blackjean_dg_128kb.mp3

Text at:
https://archive.org/details/WeirdTalesV01n01192303/page/n41/mode/2up

I'm not fluent in Canadian French. Sorry

Enjoy
Dale

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21186
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » October 6th, 2020, 4:49 pm

Grothmann wrote:
October 6th, 2020, 2:33 pm
Hi:

I debated whether this should be here or in short story. I decided, because of the title, here.


The Mystery Of Black Jean
By Julian Kilman
From Weird Tales Magazine, March 1923
Read by Dale Grothmann
Time 25:08

Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/sms009_blackjean_dg_128kb.mp3

Text at:
https://archive.org/details/WeirdTalesV01n01192303/page/n41/mode/2up

I'm not fluent in Canadian French. Sorry

Enjoy
Dale
Thank you
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 10 sections remaining
King Mombo 1 sections remaining
Hinduism and Buddhism Vol. 3 21 sections remaining

Post Reply