(Essays) G.K. Chesterton's Newspaper Columns: The New Witness - 1922 - m8b1

Short Poetry Collections, Short Story Collections, and our Weekly Poetry Project
Post Reply
jenYL
Posts: 10
Joined: October 27th, 2020, 10:51 pm

Post by jenYL » February 1st, 2021, 4:30 am

Hello!
I am interested in taking one of the sections but am unable to access the text. Would you mind sending me section 40 The Absence of Argument?
Thank you :)

GregGiordano
Posts: 3765
Joined: December 31st, 2012, 9:22 am
Location: New Port Richey, Florida

Post by GregGiordano » February 1st, 2021, 4:45 am

m8b1 wrote:
January 31st, 2021, 6:35 pm
GregGiordano wrote:
January 30th, 2021, 9:43 pm
Here is Chapter 19:

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/newwitness1922_19_chesterton_128kb.mp3

Run time is 23:24

Take care,

Greg
Thank you, Greg ~ I will listen to it tomorrow!
Thanks, Maria!

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12927
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » February 1st, 2021, 10:02 am

19 is PL OK!

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12927
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » February 1st, 2021, 10:03 am

m8b1 wrote:
January 31st, 2021, 6:42 pm
grizato wrote:
January 31st, 2021, 10:07 am
I would like to read "The Eugenist Versus the Man of Science". However, I can't see the text, so I would appreciate if you PM it across.

Edit: Looks like the guy above me beat me to it. If not could I have the last one (50. on being called Teotonic). Failing that, any unclaimed one.
Hi,

I've assigned 50 to you. I tried to download the pages now, but was having trouble. I will try again tomorrow. Sorry for the delay!
Here is the text for 50. Please note that there are two pages. https://archive.org/details/teutonic/teutonic01

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12927
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » February 1st, 2021, 10:04 am

Arden wrote:
January 31st, 2021, 10:22 pm
Hey, 42 up at 12:32. Thanks!

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/newwitness1922_42_chesterton_128kb.mp3
Thank you! 42 is PL OK! :D

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12927
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » February 1st, 2021, 10:21 am

jenYL wrote:
February 1st, 2021, 4:30 am
Hello!
I am interested in taking one of the sections but am unable to access the text. Would you mind sending me section 40 The Absence of Argument?
Thank you :)
Hi,

Here is the text for Section 40. https://archive.org/details/mastermaker/mastermaker01.jpg

I have temporarily added your name for that section to hold it for you until you decide if you want to do it or not. Let me know either way!

Kingsnake
Posts: 24
Joined: December 27th, 2015, 12:53 am

Post by Kingsnake » February 2nd, 2021, 10:01 pm

Here's chapter thirteen: https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/newwitness1922_13_chesterton_128kb.mp3
There was one word, at 3:40, that I couldn't make out in the text. The last eight letters are "strating"; I opted for "demonstrating", which seems to make the most sense in the sentence, even though I don't think it's what the word is, judging from the size and positioning of the letters.

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12927
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » February 3rd, 2021, 7:23 am

Kingsnake wrote:
February 2nd, 2021, 10:01 pm
Here's chapter thirteen: https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/newwitness1922_13_chesterton_128kb.mp3
There was one word, at 3:40, that I couldn't make out in the text. The last eight letters are "strating"; I opted for "demonstrating", which seems to make the most sense in the sentence, even though I don't think it's what the word is, judging from the size and positioning of the letters.
Thank you! I agree, "demonstrating" makes the most sense. :-)

There is one PL Note.

There is a repeat @8:26 - 8:32 "If this has captured the casual.....etc.,"

Kingsnake
Posts: 24
Joined: December 27th, 2015, 12:53 am

Post by Kingsnake » February 3rd, 2021, 6:15 pm

m8b1 wrote:
February 3rd, 2021, 7:23 am
Kingsnake wrote:
February 2nd, 2021, 10:01 pm
Here's chapter thirteen: https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/newwitness1922_13_chesterton_128kb.mp3
There was one word, at 3:40, that I couldn't make out in the text. The last eight letters are "strating"; I opted for "demonstrating", which seems to make the most sense in the sentence, even though I don't think it's what the word is, judging from the size and positioning of the letters.
Thank you! I agree, "demonstrating" makes the most sense. :-)

There is one PL Note.

There is a repeat @8:26 - 8:32 "If this has captured the casual.....etc.,"
Must've missed that. Shall I cut that out and reupload?

jenYL
Posts: 10
Joined: October 27th, 2020, 10:51 pm

Post by jenYL » February 3rd, 2021, 10:14 pm

m8b1 wrote:
February 1st, 2021, 10:21 am
jenYL wrote:
February 1st, 2021, 4:30 am
Hello!
I am interested in taking one of the sections but am unable to access the text. Would you mind sending me section 40 The Absence of Argument?
Thank you :)
Hi,

Here is the text for Section 40. https://archive.org/details/mastermaker/mastermaker01.jpg

I have temporarily added your name for that section to hold it for you until you decide if you want to do it or not. Let me know either way!
Hello,
Thank you for the text! I would be happy to claim this section :D

Vipanda87
Posts: 8
Joined: January 31st, 2021, 8:14 pm

Post by Vipanda87 » February 4th, 2021, 12:37 am

Hi, I am interested in section 44. This is my first time recording so the name for the Librivox catalogue should be Samikshaya Ananthakrishnan.

joegrimer
Posts: 12
Joined: April 13th, 2020, 12:15 pm

Post by joegrimer » February 4th, 2021, 1:56 am

Section 50 Recorded
Length: 10:00 (mm:ss)
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/newwhitness1922_50_chesterton_128kb.mp3

I found that name of a German play rather channelling (Oberammergau). I must have rerecorded that line 10 times.

When you get the time, please send me a copy of any unclaimed section.

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12927
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » February 4th, 2021, 7:50 am

Kingsnake wrote:
February 3rd, 2021, 6:15 pm

Must've missed that. Shall I cut that out and reupload?
Yes, please! :-)

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12927
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » February 4th, 2021, 7:51 am

jenYL wrote:
February 3rd, 2021, 10:14 pm
Hello,
Thank you for the text! I would be happy to claim this section :D
Thank you!

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12927
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » February 4th, 2021, 7:55 am

Vipanda87 wrote:
February 4th, 2021, 12:37 am
Hi, I am interested in section 44. This is my first time recording so the name for the Librivox catalogue should be Samikshaya Ananthakrishnan.
Welcome to LibriVox! Section 44 is yours! Please read the first post of this thread carefully.

Here is a link to your catalog page: https://librivox.org/reader/15728

Also, since is your first recording, we ask that you send in a 1-minute test recording. This is not an audition, it's just to make sure the sound quality and the recording settings are all right - often things can be improved at the outset that are difficult to fix later. Please go to https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test to find out what to record for your 1-minute test, and how to upload the recording. In the LibriVox Uploader, please select 'tests - tests' from the MC drop-down, and then post your test recording in the Listeners Wanted forum, rather than in this thread - you'll get feedback more quickly there.

Thanks, and have fun!

Post Reply