Short Story Collection 94 - lt

Short Poetry Collections, Short Story Collections, and our Weekly Poetry Project
Grothmann
Posts: 874
Joined: March 20th, 2017, 2:44 pm

Post by Grothmann » October 3rd, 2020, 9:12 pm

Another from the pulps -

Nocturne
by Henry G. Moorhouse
From Wayside Tales Magazine, May 1922
Read by Dale Grothmann
Time 4:02

Audio at
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss094_nocturne_dg_128kb.mp3

Text at:
https://s3.us-west-1.wasabisys.com/luminist/PU/WST_1922_05.pdf
Page 61

I saw this while I was looking for something else.

Thanks -- and enjoy
Dale

Grothmann
Posts: 874
Joined: March 20th, 2017, 2:44 pm

Post by Grothmann » October 3rd, 2020, 10:01 pm

Hi --

Same magazine, and another good story.

The First Mrs. Bluebeard
by Gene Markey
from Wayside Tales May 1922
Read by Dale Grothmann
Time3:53

Audio at
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss094_mrsbluebeard_dg_128kb.mp3

Text at--
https://s3.us-west-1.wasabisys.com/luminist/PU/WST_1922_05.pdf
Page 105

Well, there had to be a first....
Enjoy,

Dale

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21195
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » October 4th, 2020, 7:09 am

Grothmann wrote:
October 3rd, 2020, 9:12 pm
Another from the pulps -

Nocturne
by Henry G. Moorhouse
From Wayside Tales Magazine, May 1922
Read by Dale Grothmann
Time 4:02

Audio at
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss094_nocturne_dg_128kb.mp3

Text at:
https://s3.us-west-1.wasabisys.com/luminist/PU/WST_1922_05.pdf
Page 61

I saw this while I was looking for something else.

Thanks -- and enjoy
Dale
Thanks for both
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 10 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 10 sections remaining
Hinduism and Buddhism Vol. 3 21 sections remaining

cherylstewart
Posts: 2373
Joined: October 8th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Post by cherylstewart » October 4th, 2020, 10:56 am

Section 9 "Nocturn" PL OK
Section 10 "The First Mrs Bluebeard" mystery solved
Cheryl

Grothmann
Posts: 874
Joined: March 20th, 2017, 2:44 pm

Post by Grothmann » October 7th, 2020, 5:16 pm

Hi again:

The Guide's Reason
by Henry Moorland
from Wayside Magazine, March 1922
Read by Dale Grothmann
Time 2:03

Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss094_guidesreason_dg_128kb.mp3

Text at
https://s3.us-west-1.wasabisys.com/luminist/PU/WST_1922_03.pdf
Page 142

Some times things are as simple as they seem,

Enjoy
Dale

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21195
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » October 8th, 2020, 8:10 am

Grothmann wrote:
October 7th, 2020, 5:16 pm
Hi again:

The Guide's Reason
by Henry Moorland
from Wayside Magazine, March 1922
Read by Dale Grothmann
Time 2:03

Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss094_guidesreason_dg_128kb.mp3

Text at
https://s3.us-west-1.wasabisys.com/luminist/PU/WST_1922_03.pdf
Page 142

Some times things are as simple as they seem,

Enjoy
Dale
Thank you
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 10 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 10 sections remaining
Hinduism and Buddhism Vol. 3 21 sections remaining

Horner94
Posts: 919
Joined: July 10th, 2018, 9:11 am
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Post by Horner94 » October 8th, 2020, 6:13 pm

Hello -
Here is my contribution, as follows:
Author: James J. Walsh (1865-1942)
Title: Great Arabian Physicians
URL to text: https://gutenberg.org/files/20216/20216-h/20216-h.htm#Page_109
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss094_greatarbianphysicians_cjph_128kb.mp3
Time: 09:33

Many thanks,
Chad

Grothmann
Posts: 874
Joined: March 20th, 2017, 2:44 pm

Post by Grothmann » October 8th, 2020, 9:38 pm

Hi again.

The Crush
By Gene Markey
From Wayside Tales, April 1922
Read by Dale Grothmann
Time 2:09

Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss094_crush_dg_128kb.mp3

Text at:
https://s3.us-west-1.wasabisys.com/luminist/PU/WST_1922_04.pdf
Page 88

Markey is an interesting guy. If my info is correct, he wrote, sold, and published 1500 stories in 15 years.

Enjoy
Dale

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21195
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » October 9th, 2020, 7:23 am

Horner94 wrote:
October 8th, 2020, 6:13 pm
Hello -
Here is my contribution, as follows:
Author: James J. Walsh (1865-1942)
Title: Great Arabian Physicians
URL to text: https://gutenberg.org/files/20216/20216-h/20216-h.htm#Page_109
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss094_greatarbianphysicians_cjph_128kb.mp3
Time: 09:33

Many thanks,
Chad
Thank you
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 10 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 10 sections remaining
Hinduism and Buddhism Vol. 3 21 sections remaining

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21195
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » October 9th, 2020, 7:26 am

Grothmann wrote:
October 8th, 2020, 9:38 pm
Hi again.

The Crush
By Gene Markey
From Wayside Tales, April 1922
Read by Dale Grothmann
Time 2:09

Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss094_crush_dg_128kb.mp3

Text at:
https://s3.us-west-1.wasabisys.com/luminist/PU/WST_1922_04.pdf
Page 88

Markey is an interesting guy. If my info is correct, he wrote, sold, and published 1500 stories in 15 years.

Enjoy
Dale
Thank you. That’s quite an output.
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 10 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 10 sections remaining
Hinduism and Buddhism Vol. 3 21 sections remaining

cherylstewart
Posts: 2373
Joined: October 8th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Post by cherylstewart » October 9th, 2020, 8:35 am

Section 11 "The Guides Reason" PL OK :lol:
Section 13 "The Crush" PL OK
Cheryl

cherylstewart
Posts: 2373
Joined: October 8th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Post by cherylstewart » October 9th, 2020, 8:38 am

Section 12 "Great Arabian Physicians" PL note:
This is non-fiction please submit it to the Short Nonfiction Project.
If it is a made up story it goes here, if it is about something that happened or is true it goes in non-fiction. :D Cheryl

Grothmann
Posts: 874
Joined: March 20th, 2017, 2:44 pm

Post by Grothmann » October 14th, 2020, 7:51 pm

Good Evening:

Midsummer Nights Storm
By S. Monty Stanhope
From The Wayside Magazine. April, 1922
Read by Dale Grothmann
Time 1:58


Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss094_midsummernightsstorm_dg_128kb.mp3

Text at:
https://s3.us-west-1.wasabisys.com/luminist/PU/WST_1922_04.pdf
Page 11

Still cute.
Enjoy
Dale

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21195
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » October 15th, 2020, 7:58 am

Grothmann wrote:
October 14th, 2020, 7:51 pm
Good Evening:

Midsummer Nights Storm
By S. Monty Stanhope
From The Wayside Magazine. April, 1922
Read by Dale Grothmann
Time 1:58


Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss094_midsummernightsstorm_dg_128kb.mp3

Text at:
https://s3.us-west-1.wasabisys.com/luminist/PU/WST_1922_04.pdf
Page 11

Still cute.
Enjoy
Dale
Thank you
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 10 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 10 sections remaining
Hinduism and Buddhism Vol. 3 21 sections remaining

Grothmann
Posts: 874
Joined: March 20th, 2017, 2:44 pm

Post by Grothmann » October 15th, 2020, 1:33 pm

Good Morning

Dilemma
By J. K. Nicholson
From The Smart Set, May 1920
Read by Dale Grothmann
Time 1:48


Audio at:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/ss094_dilema_dg_128kb.mp3

Text at
https://repository.library.brown.edu/studio/item/bdr:567422/PDF/
Page 84

Post Reply