~[POETRY] Summer of Love by Joyce Kilmer - dl

Short Poetry Collections, Short Story Collections, and our Weekly Poetry Project
Post Reply
PurpleWeeks
Posts: 8
Joined: July 19th, 2020, 3:21 pm

Post by PurpleWeeks » July 24th, 2020, 1:30 pm

I would like to do 22 and 39

Thanks,
Sera

silverquill
Posts: 14064
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » July 24th, 2020, 9:13 pm

dhandiR wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 3:28 pm
Hey silverquill!
Here's 04, "Thurifer": https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/summeroflove_04_kilmer_128kb.mp3
and here's 16, "My Lady": https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/summeroflove_16_kilmer_128kb.mp3
I have added Section 4 to the MW and marked it Ready for PL.

We do have a problem, however. :shock:
As I mentioned in TWO previous replies to you, Section 16 "My Lady" had already been claimed (and recorded) and I assigned you Sections 4 and 14 -- all of this clearly shown in the Magic Window assignments.

So, your recording of 16 has replaced the previously submitted one, but or MC can correct that.

So you still have 14 to do.
And, please remember to give the file length (mm:ss) when you post you file link.
~Larry

silverquill
Posts: 14064
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » July 24th, 2020, 9:17 pm

PurpleWeeks wrote:
July 24th, 2020, 1:30 pm
I would like to do 22 and 39

Thanks,
Sera
Thank you!
These are all yours.

WELCOME TO LIBRIVOX :clap:
~Larry

phdupont
Posts: 10
Joined: June 26th, 2018, 12:17 pm

Post by phdupont » July 25th, 2020, 12:46 pm

Hey! Can I claim 53 and 20?

danbrz
Posts: 2
Joined: July 19th, 2020, 1:10 pm

Post by danbrz » July 25th, 2020, 3:05 pm

I request #50, Ballot of Three, this is my FIRST recording by Dandelion Breeze. Thank YOU.
Last edited by danbrz on July 25th, 2020, 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dandelion
Dandelion
Dandelion Breeze


dhandiR
Posts: 11
Joined: July 14th, 2020, 4:57 pm

Post by dhandiR » July 25th, 2020, 4:40 pm

silverquill wrote:
July 24th, 2020, 9:13 pm
dhandiR wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 3:28 pm
Hey silverquill!
Here's 04, "Thurifer": https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/summeroflove_04_kilmer_128kb.mp3
and here's 16, "My Lady": https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/summeroflove_16_kilmer_128kb.mp3
I have added Section 4 to the MW and marked it Ready for PL.

We do have a problem, however. :shock:
As I mentioned in TWO previous replies to you, Section 16 "My Lady" had already been claimed (and recorded) and I assigned you Sections 4 and 14 -- all of this clearly shown in the Magic Window assignments.

So, your recording of 16 has replaced the previously submitted one, but or MC can correct that.

So you still have 14 to do.
And, please remember to give the file length (mm:ss) when you post you file link.
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry silverquill! I thought I wasn't supposed to record Sleep song.
The length of 04 Thurifer is 00:22.
I would be recording Sleep Song right now. However, it says that it has already been claimed. Also, did you shuffle around the order of things? Because it now says that My Lady is number 14. Again, very sorry for messing that stuff up. Should I still record Sleep Song?

silverquill
Posts: 14064
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » July 25th, 2020, 8:59 pm

phdupont wrote:
July 25th, 2020, 12:46 pm
Hey! Can I claim 53 and 20?
Sure! I'll save these for you, but in order to make the assignment, I need to add you to the LV catalog. How would you like to be listed? You can use your real name, pseudonym or any nickname you wish. This is how you will be credited for all of your LibriVox work.
~Larry

silverquill
Posts: 14064
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » July 25th, 2020, 9:02 pm

danbrz wrote:
July 25th, 2020, 3:05 pm
I request #50, Ballot of Three, this is my FIRST recording by Dandelion Breeze. Thank YOU.
I would be glad to have you, but we do request or new readers to record a one-minute test recording first.
Please read through the Newbie Guide to Recording: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording
Under point 2 you will find information on how to record and submit that test recording. Once you have it approved, just come back here and post your request for any open section.
~Larry

silverquill
Posts: 14064
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » July 25th, 2020, 9:24 pm

dhandiR wrote:
July 25th, 2020, 4:40 pm
silverquill wrote:
July 24th, 2020, 9:13 pm
dhandiR wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 3:28 pm
Hey silverquill!
Here's 04, "Thurifer": https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/summeroflove_04_kilmer_128kb.mp3
and here's 16, "My Lady": https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/summeroflove_16_kilmer_128kb.mp3
I have added Section 4 to the MW and marked it Ready for PL.

We do have a problem, however. :shock:
As I mentioned in TWO previous replies to you, Section 16 "My Lady" had already been claimed (and recorded) and I assigned you Sections 4 and 14 -- all of this clearly shown in the Magic Window assignments.

So, your recording of 16 has replaced the previously submitted one, but or MC can correct that.

So you still have 14 to do.
And, please remember to give the file length (mm:ss) when you post you file link.
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry silverquill! I thought I wasn't supposed to record Sleep song.
The length of 04 Thurifer is 00:22.
I would be recording Sleep Song right now. However, it says that it has already been claimed. Also, did you shuffle around the order of things? Because it now says that My Lady is number 14. Again, very sorry for messing that stuff up. Should I still record Sleep Song?
[/quot

Okay, I'll clear up the confusion. (And this is why it's best to claim by NUMBER)
My Lady has always been 14, which is what I assigned. You submitted it as 16, which is another poem already recorded. (I was wrong above when I said My Lady was 16)
I will put you back in for Sleep Song which is Section 10. (It was assigned, but saved for someone who hasn't checked back in).
So, go ahead and record that. But, please upload My Lady as Section 14.

This is partly my fault. So many overlapping claims came in a cluster. I was trying to sort them out in the order the were posted.

Anyway, I hope this gets you back on the right track.
~Larry

alanmapstone
Posts: 1849
Joined: February 15th, 2012, 12:20 pm
Location: Oxford

Post by alanmapstone » July 26th, 2020, 2:54 am

alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose

phdupont
Posts: 10
Joined: June 26th, 2018, 12:17 pm

Post by phdupont » July 26th, 2020, 7:12 am

silverquill wrote:
July 25th, 2020, 8:59 pm
phdupont wrote:
July 25th, 2020, 12:46 pm
Hey! Can I claim 53 and 20?
Sure! I'll save these for you, but in order to make the assignment, I need to add you to the LV catalog. How would you like to be listed? You can use your real name, pseudonym or any nickname you wish. This is how you will be credited for all of your LibriVox work.
Thank you for saving them for me-- I'll try to record them today. Hmmm, can you list me as Phebe Hays?

silverquill
Posts: 14064
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » July 26th, 2020, 11:06 pm

alanmapstone wrote:
July 26th, 2020, 2:54 am
Section 41 - Absinthe

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/summeroflove_41_kilmer_128kb.mp3
2:14
Thank you, Alan!
Ready for PL
~Larry

silverquill
Posts: 14064
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » July 26th, 2020, 11:11 pm

phdupont wrote:
July 26th, 2020, 7:12 am
silverquill wrote:
July 25th, 2020, 8:59 pm
phdupont wrote:
July 25th, 2020, 12:46 pm
Hey! Can I claim 53 and 20?
Sure! I'll save these for you, but in order to make the assignment, I need to add you to the LV catalog. How would you like to be listed? You can use your real name, pseudonym or any nickname you wish. This is how you will be credited for all of your LibriVox work.
Thank you for saving them for me-- I'll try to record them today. Hmmm, can you list me as Phebe Hays?
Great! These are now assigned to you.
Just click on your name int he Magic Window to view your catalog page. This is where you can track all of your Librivox projects, of which I hope there will be many.

WELCOME TO LIBRIVOX :clap:
~Larry

phdupont
Posts: 10
Joined: June 26th, 2018, 12:17 pm

Post by phdupont » July 27th, 2020, 7:26 am

Hi!

I ran both through the checker and they passed, but please let me know if I need to adjust at all! I think I tagged correctly, as per the instructions, but I'm not sure.

Section 20 - (1:12) https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/summeroflove_20_kilmer_128kb.mp3
Section 53 - (1:17) https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/summeroflove_53_kilmer_128kb.mp3

Phebe

Post Reply