[COMPLETE] Flowers of Freethought (First Series) by G.W. Foote - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Cheesemonger wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 10:02 am
AnaNaumoska wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 4:52 am I will also provide you with a piece of advice for future recordings. Try to read at a slower pace, don't rush. You made no mistakes, but it was a bit hard to follow. At the same time, some of our listeners (such as myself really) don't have English as a primary language and might as well be less fluent with it. So a fast pace may trouble them. :D

Also, please post the duration with all your next files, so we can easily update the MW.
This file is 7:17 minutes long.
Hi Ana,
Thank you for the feedback! Ironically, I had an original take that lasted an additional 45 (or so) seconds, but it seemed so very slow to me when I listened that I re-recorded at a faster pace! :lol:
I'll try to bring it back down to a more moderate pace for the future. Thanks again!
In general, yes, it is better to read a bit slower, especially for non-fiction. Give the listener some time to take things in and to "look up from the text". :wink:

However, I found that everybody has a kind of natural reading speed. Don't force it (too far) out of that natural range, it will be difficult to maintain over longer stretches of time and may lead you to stop recording at all. :shock: Also, listener's preferences vary, some people like it faster, others slower. I myself am a pretty fast reader, and when listening I like a speed that matches mine or is a bit slower, depending on the project. You can't make everybody happy, so you should try to make yourself happy first and foremost. :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Cardinals2020

Post by Cardinals2020 »

Hello,

May I have Section 42, "Christ's Old Coat"?

Thank You!

Have a Great Day,

Eric W.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Hi Eric, welcome to this project!

Section 42 is all yours - enjoy! :D
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
Cardinals2020

Post by Cardinals2020 »

Thanks! :)
Anushka21

Post by Anushka21 »

HI! YES THANK YOU...ARE THERE ANY OTHER FREE CHAPTERS I CAN TAKE UP? AND WHEN WILL THIS TEST RUN HAPPEN?
THANKSS
nm08

Post by nm08 »

Hello! I'd like to claim section 34. I'm new and I'd like to go under NarvaezM in the LibriVox catalogue.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

nm08 wrote: August 5th, 2020, 2:36 pm Hello! I'd like to claim section 34. I'm new and I'd like to go under NarvaezM in the LibriVox catalogue.
Hi there and welcome to LV and to this project!

I have assigned section 34 to you, enjoy! Here is your very own catalog page for an overview of what you have claimed/finished:
https://librivox.org/reader/14769

Please wait with the "real" recording until your test has gotten an [OK] though. I see you are well on the way, can't take long. :D

Have fun on here!
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Anushka21 wrote: August 5th, 2020, 12:55 pm HI! YES THANK YOU...ARE THERE ANY OTHER FREE CHAPTERS I CAN TAKE UP? AND WHEN WILL THIS TEST RUN HAPPEN?
THANKSS
I see you have already submitted your test, it may take a day or two for somebody to have a look/listen.

As for free chapters, look in the first post in the magic window - you'll need to scroll down a little farther to what is "open" and choose. :D

PS: Please don't use ALL CAPS in this (or any) online forum. It is considered "screaming" and therefore not nice. :wink:
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
Anushka21

Post by Anushka21 »

ohok thank you so much....and sorry about all caps.....i'll keep it in mind next time! thankss
:D
TomHersant

Post by TomHersant »

Greetings,
Here is Section 16, duration of 18mm32ss: https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/flowersfreethought1_16_foote_128kb.mp3
Tommy
Blackboards are truly remarkable!
champagnesupernova

Post by champagnesupernova »

-Fame
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Great! Thank you both! :clap:
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
WardenMajere

Post by WardenMajere »

AnaNaumoska wrote: August 2nd, 2020, 11:29 am
WardenMajere wrote: August 1st, 2020, 9:33 am https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/flowersfreethought1_12_foote_128kb.mp3
Here is my completed "section 12"! :D :D
Recording is "12:31".

Hi Raistlin,
First of all, congrats on your first submission! :clap:

The technical aspect is good, and so is the reading overall! You have a very nice voice and style of reading, I enjoyed it a lot! But, I have a note regarding the intro.
It shall start like this: "Section 12 of Flowers of Freethought (First Series). This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org", and I don't hear "First series" in your recording. Please add it up, so it matches the rest of the recordings, and doesn't mix with a possible Second series of the book. After you do that, please post it, so I can re-check it! :D

p.s. I just realized that both your name and forum name match Raistlin Majere from Dragonlance. Is it a coincidence? (I enjoyed the books a lot) :hmm:

Cheers!
Thank you! I am excited for this new endeavor! Nice catch, I always adore encountering another Dragon Lance fan! My dad was in love with those books, and he named myself as well as my two brothers after characters from the series.
I have gone back and redone the opening! So, here is my (hopefully) finished reading of section 12! It clocks in at 12:32.

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/flowersfreethought1_12_foote_128kb.mp3
Thank you for the encouragement, and as I stated earlier, I am ecstatic to see where this path leads!
:mrgreen: Comparison is the thief of joy because it fosters competition more than community. - Theodore Roosevelt :mrgreen:
AnaNaumoska

Post by AnaNaumoska »

WardenMajere wrote: August 6th, 2020, 6:06 am
AnaNaumoska wrote: August 2nd, 2020, 11:29 am
WardenMajere wrote: August 1st, 2020, 9:33 am https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/flowersfreethought1_12_foote_128kb.mp3
Here is my completed "section 12"! :D :D
Recording is "12:31".

Hi Raistlin,
First of all, congrats on your first submission! :clap:

The technical aspect is good, and so is the reading overall! You have a very nice voice and style of reading, I enjoyed it a lot! But, I have a note regarding the intro.
It shall start like this: "Section 12 of Flowers of Freethought (First Series). This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org", and I don't hear "First series" in your recording. Please add it up, so it matches the rest of the recordings, and doesn't mix with a possible Second series of the book. After you do that, please post it, so I can re-check it! :D

p.s. I just realized that both your name and forum name match Raistlin Majere from Dragonlance. Is it a coincidence? (I enjoyed the books a lot) :hmm:

Cheers!
Thank you! I am excited for this new endeavor! Nice catch, I always adore encountering another Dragon Lance fan! My dad was in love with those books, and he named myself as well as my two brothers after characters from the series.
I have gone back and redone the opening! So, here is my (hopefully) finished reading of section 12! It clocks in at 12:32.

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/flowersfreethought1_12_foote_128kb.mp3
Thank you for the encouragement, and as I stated earlier, I am ecstatic to see where this path leads!

Raistlin, the section is now good to go, PL ok! :clap:

And the background of your name is very thoughtful! :9:

Best,
Ana :mrgreen:

salus populi suprema lex
AnaNaumoska

Post by AnaNaumoska »

champagnesupernova wrote: August 5th, 2020, 10:27 pm hi there! here's section 13 https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/flowersfreethought1_13_foote_128kb.mp3 duration - 7:48

Hi Fame! Great reading here, no issues! PL ok. I really enjoyed your voice!
Good job :clap:

Best,
Ana :mrgreen:

salus populi suprema lex