[RELIG] A Casket of Cameos, FW Boreham (d. 1959) -mtf

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6501
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » September 7th, 2020, 6:42 pm

rpotenza wrote:
September 7th, 2020, 11:45 am
Just picking up your notes today after a period of "other things". I'll get this turned around for you in a few days. My apologies for not replying sooner.

rpotenza
No problem. Thanks for the note. :thumbs:

rpotenza
Posts: 27
Joined: May 15th, 2018, 9:18 am

Post by rpotenza » September 8th, 2020, 1:43 pm

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/casketofcameos_22_boreham_128kb.mp3

First correction - duration 21:50

First corrected recording of Chapter 22 is ready for listening and review.
Corrections per PL notes -
1. "End of A Casket of Cameos, by Frank W. Boreham" added to the end
2. About 5 seconds of silence was added after 1.
3. The opening silence was trimmed to less than one second

Thank you for your guidance and corrections. Please let me know if this passes review.

Have a great day!

rick
rpotenza :)

aracelyloza
Posts: 2
Joined: September 16th, 2020, 1:21 pm

Post by aracelyloza » September 16th, 2020, 6:57 pm

May I claim section 21?
-Aracely :D

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6501
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » September 17th, 2020, 7:07 pm

aracelyloza wrote:
September 16th, 2020, 6:57 pm
May I claim section 21?
-Aracely :D
Welcome, Aracely, to this project and to LibriVox! I'll assign section 21 to you now. Before you start on it, though, you should complete your 1-minute test. It's basically a sound and tech check, to make sure that your file will be in the right format and everything before you do the real thing. I look forward to working with you!

Also, what would you like to use as your catalogue name? It can be the same as your forum name, your real name, or some pseudonym. :)

silverquill
Posts: 14801
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » September 17th, 2020, 8:33 pm

rpotenza wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 1:43 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/casketofcameos_22_boreham_128kb.mp3

First correction - duration 21:50

First corrected recording of Chapter 22 is ready for listening and review.
Corrections per PL notes -
1. "End of A Casket of Cameos, by Frank W. Boreham" added to the end
2. About 5 seconds of silence was added after 1.
3. The opening silence was trimmed to less than one second

Thank you for your guidance and corrections. Please let me know if this passes review.

Have a great day!

rick
rpotenza :)
Perfect!
I so enjoyed listening to your reading!
It is a very moving chapter, and appropriate to wrap up the book.
Touched my heart.
~ Larry

paulbrianstewart
Posts: 106
Joined: August 29th, 2015, 7:21 pm
Location: Washington, USA
Contact:

Post by paulbrianstewart » September 20th, 2020, 7:32 pm

Gidday MightyFelix,

Here is section 16, John William's Text

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/casketofcameos_16_boreham_128kb.mp3

File Size: 15.3mb
Length: 16.45

Thanks for your time, and letting me be part of the project.

Have a great week,
Paul Stewart

mleigh
Posts: 298
Joined: May 31st, 2020, 2:19 pm
Location: New Mexico

Post by mleigh » September 21st, 2020, 3:52 pm

He is my recording for chapter 10.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/casketofcameos_10_boreham_128kb.mp3
17:13

Thanks,

M

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6501
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » September 21st, 2020, 7:54 pm

Thank you both! Wow, we are getting close! I'll start preparing the next Boreham and get it launched soon!

(Today I received a shipment of beautiful hardback copies of a 1935 (so probably not PD) Boreham book, called Ships of Pearl. I ordered several extras as gifts for members of my church group. They are so nice! :9: I've only read one chapter so far. Not very relevant, but this is just a good Boreham day for me! :D )

EDIT: Anyone have any suggestions/requests which book to do next? Here is a list I've been updating: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=76641 I know that Larry had a suggestion the last time I asked, and then I went with this one instead. :oops: I don't remember which one he wanted though.

silverquill
Posts: 14801
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » September 21st, 2020, 9:29 pm

paulbrianstewart wrote:
September 20th, 2020, 7:32 pm
Gidday MightyFelix,

Here is section 16, John William's Text

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/casketofcameos_16_boreham_128kb.mp3

File Size: 15.3mb
Length: 16.45

Thanks for your time, and letting me be part of the project.

Have a great week,
Paul Stewart
Thanks for the fine recording, which is PL OK.
Aussie fits here well. :D
~ Larry

silverquill
Posts: 14801
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » September 21st, 2020, 9:30 pm

mleigh wrote:
September 21st, 2020, 3:52 pm
He is my recording for chapter 10.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/casketofcameos_10_boreham_128kb.mp3
17:13

Thanks,

M
PL OK!
Thanks so much.
~ Larry

silverquill
Posts: 14801
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » September 21st, 2020, 9:44 pm

mightyfelix wrote:
September 21st, 2020, 7:54 pm
Thank you both! Wow, we are getting close! I'll start preparing the next Boreham and get it launched soon!

(Today I received a shipment of beautiful hardback copies of a 1935 (so probably not PD) Boreham book, called Ships of Pearl. I ordered several extras as gifts for members of my church group. They are so nice! :9: I've only read one chapter so far. Not very relevant, but this is just a good Boreham day for me! :D )

EDIT: Anyone have any suggestions/requests which book to do next? Here is a list I've been updating: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=76641 I know that Larry had a suggestion the last time I asked, and then I went with this one instead. :oops: I don't remember which one he wanted though.
Hmm. I don't remember either, but I would be in favor of
The Uttermost Star.
And, you know I'll be along for DPL. :)
~ Larry

paulbrianstewart
Posts: 106
Joined: August 29th, 2015, 7:21 pm
Location: Washington, USA
Contact:

Post by paulbrianstewart » September 22nd, 2020, 7:25 am

silverquill wrote:
September 21st, 2020, 9:29 pm
paulbrianstewart wrote:
September 20th, 2020, 7:32 pm
Gidday MightyFelix,

Here is section 16, John William's Text

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/casketofcameos_16_boreham_128kb.mp3

File Size: 15.3mb
Length: 16.45

Thanks for your time, and letting me be part of the project.

Have a great week,
Paul Stewart
Thanks for the fine recording, which is PL OK.
Aussie fits here well. :D
:)....thanks mate, appreciate it . (btw, I'm kiwi :) )

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6501
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » September 22nd, 2020, 8:42 am

Ah, kiwis are also very fine folks. And still quite fitting, as Boreham also spent quite a lot of time in NZ. I hope to visit one day.

paulbrianstewart
Posts: 106
Joined: August 29th, 2015, 7:21 pm
Location: Washington, USA
Contact:

Post by paulbrianstewart » September 22nd, 2020, 8:55 am

mightyfelix wrote:
September 22nd, 2020, 8:42 am
Ah, kiwis are also very fine folks. And still quite fitting, as Boreham also spent quite a lot of time in NZ. I hope to visit one day.
:) ...have a good day mate...thanks for letting me be part of the project

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6501
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » September 22nd, 2020, 9:21 am

silverquill wrote:
September 21st, 2020, 9:44 pm
Hmm. I don't remember either, but I would be in favor of
The Uttermost Star.
And, you know I'll be along for DPL. :)
Well, I just went and did a little digging to find the older discussion. You had suggested Home of the Echoes. Looking back now, I'm actually glad that we didn't do it at that time, as I have now found a much better link to use. I'm sure that either of these would be a great choice, and we'll do them both eventually. But for the next project, I'll choose between them, I think.

Post Reply