[TRIO (Filled)] Harmonium by Wallace Stevens - dl

Short Poetry Collections, Short Story Collections, and our Weekly Poetry Project
KevinS
Posts: 6952
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » May 19th, 2020, 6:21 pm

annise wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 6:19 pm
Sticking my fingers in where they shouldn't be - if you don't come up with anything better "Harmonium 1" Harmonium 2" etc sounds nicer than section 1 or part 1 (to my ears) - anne
That might work!

bluechien
Posts: 1236
Joined: January 6th, 2017, 6:58 pm
Location: Laurentia

Post by bluechien » May 20th, 2020, 9:19 am

Can we put something in the title section of the MW, and/or add the link to the Google doc, so Helen has one or two reference points about what goes in each section? Plus, I think David will need something in there to catalog? :hmm:
Eva D
in which letters are written not in Spanish, not in Greek, not in Latin, not in shorthand
but in plain American which cats and dogs can read!

KevinS
Posts: 6952
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » May 20th, 2020, 10:08 am

bluechien wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 9:19 am
Can we put something in the title section of the MW, and/or add the link to the Google doc, so Helen has one or two reference points about what goes in each section? Plus, I think David will need something in there to catalog? :hmm:
I'll send a copy of the section breakdown to Helen by PM. Nemo would have to send the link, I believe.

bluechien
Posts: 1236
Joined: January 6th, 2017, 6:58 pm
Location: Laurentia

Post by bluechien » May 20th, 2020, 1:41 pm

Helen, if this helps, this is the breakdown of sections and readers:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SVQJ_GiAZfRYyP0trE8M7hCvHlffoPW2ju63lp_Qet0/
(even though it says Possible it is really closer to Categorical :wink: )
Eva D
in which letters are written not in Spanish, not in Greek, not in Latin, not in shorthand
but in plain American which cats and dogs can read!

aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14554
Joined: July 14th, 2008, 4:54 pm
Location: Nottawasaga Bay, Ontario
Contact:

Post by aradlaw » May 20th, 2020, 3:13 pm

Is this something you can work with? I think we have really worked out all the nitty details, more or less.
Yes, looking at it that way it makes sense.
annise wrote:Sticking my fingers in where they shouldn't be - if you don't come up with anything better "Harmonium 1" Harmonium 2" etc sounds nicer than section 1 or part 1 (to my ears) - anne
Partially right, I think the titles in the Magic Window should match the intros being read, IE: Kevin reads "Section 1 of Harmonium, etc..".
As one of your sample project's MW reads 'Selected Poems of George Herbert, Section 1'; is 'Harmonium by Wallace Stevens, Section 1' possible?

**Almost forgot, I will move this over to Short Works. :)
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!

bluechien
Posts: 1236
Joined: January 6th, 2017, 6:58 pm
Location: Laurentia

Post by bluechien » May 21st, 2020, 9:53 am

aradlaw wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 3:13 pm
Is this something you can work with? I think we have really worked out all the nitty details, more or less.
Yes, looking at it that way it makes sense.
annise wrote:Sticking my fingers in where they shouldn't be - if you don't come up with anything better "Harmonium 1" Harmonium 2" etc sounds nicer than section 1 or part 1 (to my ears) - anne
Partially right, I think the titles in the Magic Window should match the intros being read, IE: Kevin reads "Section 1 of Harmonium, etc..".
As one of your sample project's MW reads 'Selected Poems of George Herbert, Section 1'; is 'Harmonium by Wallace Stevens, Section 1' possible?

**Almost forgot, I will move this over to Short Works. :)
Thank you, David! I think this makes a lot of sense. Would it be okay if we leave our placeholders for now in the Title section of the MW and update it to match as you describe shortly before we catalog? This way we have a second way to keep track between three people. (I'm the one who reads out of my section, usually. :roll: )
Eva D
in which letters are written not in Spanish, not in Greek, not in Latin, not in shorthand
but in plain American which cats and dogs can read!

aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14554
Joined: July 14th, 2008, 4:54 pm
Location: Nottawasaga Bay, Ontario
Contact:

Post by aradlaw » May 21st, 2020, 7:00 pm

Excellent idea Eva, keep in mind that whatever is in the MW as section titles will be the final title(s) when cataloged.
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!

HZFerr
Posts: 5072
Joined: August 17th, 2017, 12:56 pm
Location: Gallifrey

Post by HZFerr » May 21st, 2020, 8:56 pm

TY Kevin for the section by reader breakdown (in color). :thumbs:
I always enjoy working from the original book form. :D

sect 1 & 4
PL OK

sect 9
PL notes: slight editing
Please check I hear a word repeated.

1:20 burned alone in in an immense valley (pg74)
SPREAD OUT!!!
Moe Howard (aka Moses Horowitz)

Helen

bluechien
Posts: 1236
Joined: January 6th, 2017, 6:58 pm
Location: Laurentia

Post by bluechien » May 22nd, 2020, 8:33 am

aradlaw wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 7:00 pm
Excellent idea Eva, keep in mind that whatever is in the MW as section titles will be the final title(s) when cataloged.
Duly noted! :thumbs:
Eva D
in which letters are written not in Spanish, not in Greek, not in Latin, not in shorthand
but in plain American which cats and dogs can read!

NemoR
Posts: 2501
Joined: February 27th, 2017, 1:48 pm
Location: The Present

Post by NemoR » May 23rd, 2020, 2:57 pm

Section 2 ready for PL at 6:05 length....

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/harmonium_02_stevens_128kb.mp3

Eva found a couple wonderful books written by Helen Vendler - .literary critic and professor at Harvard - critiquing Stevens poems.... they are soooo good and really helped to give the feel for them. :9:
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."

NemoR
Posts: 2501
Joined: February 27th, 2017, 1:48 pm
Location: The Present

Post by NemoR » May 24th, 2020, 2:03 pm

Section 6 is also ready for PL at 5:38 length ...

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/harmonium_06_stevens_128kb.mp3


Kevin, just a reminder that section 2 still needs to be put in the MW for PL'ing :D
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."

Post Reply