[FULL] Love Stories Volume 3-ag

Short Poetry Collections, Short Story Collections, and our Weekly Poetry Project
msfry

Post by msfry » September 3rd, 2020, 9:00 pm

alg1001 wrote:
September 3rd, 2020, 6:56 pm
Hi Michele,
Please use the original source material for the Willa Cather story. It is here on Hathi Trust:
https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=coo.31924065816104&view=1up&seq=151&q1=willa%20cather
Thanks,
-Amy
I switched the link. :thumbs:
Michele Fry, CC
"There is no frigate like a book to take us lands away, Nor any coursers like a page of prancing poetry." ~ Emily Dickinson

Love Stories #3

algarner

Post by algarner » September 19th, 2020, 5:57 pm

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 » September 26th, 2020, 4:09 am

Thank you, algarner.

msfry

Post by msfry » September 26th, 2020, 6:49 am

The River Stairs is PL OK. Thank you. Talking stairs, how unique! And was that splash at the end what I thought it was?
Michele Fry, CC
"There is no frigate like a book to take us lands away, Nor any coursers like a page of prancing poetry." ~ Emily Dickinson

Love Stories #3

msfry

Post by msfry » September 26th, 2020, 8:04 am

PL Notes Mrs. Knolly's PL OK

Wow! What a love story! I need to look up that glacier paper, if it is real. Thanks for a great reading, Lisa . Your voice is crystal clear.

TIP: A suggestion for future readings, pauses 3.5 seconds or more generally seem too long and by 5 seconds like at 9:11 and 20:25, it feels like the story has ended. For this reason I try to keep my pauses under 3 seconds between Parts, and under 2 seconds between paragraphs.
Michele Fry, CC

Love Stories #3

msfry

Post by msfry » September 27th, 2020, 12:55 pm

PL Notes On The Gulls Road

Alayna, this was a highly stylized, sentimental story, which you read with great charm and grace. Despite its length, it held my interest throughout. A few things you should attend to on future recordings, is the frequency of "airplane flyovers" which occurred every five minutes or so, and quite a bit of thumping around, like you were moving things on your desk. I am in an air traffic lane myself, and have learned to pause my recording until the plane flies over or until the siren, motorcycle or hot rod goes by. I can even record between thunder rolls. It's an acquired skill. :lol: :lol:

Now, as to this recording I cited quite a few stumbles below that can easily be removed without any re-recording, just carefully select the stumble and delete. Listen again and if it doesn't sound perfect, go back and repeat until it does. This is much easier if you expand the wave form, and learn to use the C, Z and X keyboard shortcuts in Audacity. These stumbles are common to us all, but need to be deleted. Then there are a few omissions from the text and a few misreads that will need recording.

Complete your edits and post the revised file with the same file name as before, notating the new time. Let me know if you run into problems. With your permission, I could delete the stumbles for you.

1:35, after "she had very little", there is a missing paragraph beginning with "He shrugged his shoulders...., ending with another "she had very little."
8:53 stumble preven-presenting them to her, clip out preven
9:56 stumble ub-ubiquitous engineer, clip out ub
15:10 The heading "Part 2" is missing.
17:50 stumbe that of a meth. . .vessel moving, clip out meth
20:43 - 21:38 volume drops significantly. I recommend a boost of Effects/Amplify/+3.5
22:25 The heading "Part 3" is missing.
27:36 The heading "Part 4" is missing.
35:10 Hasn't it been at all pleasant, it is missing,
39:15 stumble exclam-clam-ations
39:34 stumble went on bro-board the Germania
43:35 It was warm and softly scented under my lips, you say "It was soft and warm under my lips,"
Outro should say: End of On the Gulls Road, by author.

Because this is the last file remaining to complete on this project, I hope you can attend to this by next Friday.
Michele Fry, CC

Love Stories #3

aakennedy

Post by aakennedy » October 2nd, 2020, 10:38 am

Hi Michele,

Thank you for listening, and for you kind and helpful feedback! I am still very new to Librivox and learning the ropes, so I appreciate your help very much!

I have made all of the changes you noted in your response, and uploaded a new version that can be found here -
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/lovestories3_onthegullsroad_cather_ak_128kb_(2).mp3
with a new recording time of 40:11

I do apologize for the length of this story - one of the things I have learned is that it takes MUCH longer to read a story out loud instead of reading it silently. Thanks again for all your feedback!

msfry

Post by msfry » October 3rd, 2020, 7:11 am

aakennedy wrote:
October 2nd, 2020, 10:38 am
Hi Michele,

Thank you for listening, and for you kind and helpful feedback! I am still very new to Librivox and learning the ropes, so I appreciate your help very much!

I have made all of the changes you noted in your response, and uploaded a new version that can be found here -
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/lovestories3_onthegullsroad_cather_ak_128kb_(2).mp3
with a new recording time of 40:11

I do apologize for the length of this story - one of the things I have learned is that it takes MUCH longer to read a story out loud instead of reading it silently. Thanks again for all your feedback!
The first part of your Intro is missing. All else is good.
Michele Fry, CC

Love Stories #3