(Complete) Coffee Break Collection #28 - HOBBIES - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

FYI, it is up to the reader where it is submitted, provided it meets the criteria for the collection 8-)
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

I inserted the small correction in my piece, should be good to go now!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
msfry

Post by msfry »

Lynnet wrote: May 18th, 2020, 5:10 pm FYI, it is up to the reader where it is submitted, provided it meets the criteria for the collection 8-)
Of course she can. I was merely extending Rita a friendly invitation as I'd love having her love story in my Love Stories Collection #3, coming up shortly. :thumbs:

And you've just informed me via PM that I should not have accepted a 2 part story in this Coffee Break Collection anyway. My bad. :shock:
msfry

Post by msfry »

ColleenMc wrote: May 19th, 2020, 7:46 am I inserted the small correction in my piece, should be good to go now!

Colleen
:thumbs:
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Question: You mention you should not have accepted a 2 part story....

This is quoted from the first page: .. Please limit yourself to three submissions (or you can break up one story into 2 or 3 sections).

I broke up one story into two sections. What am I not getting?
msfry

Post by msfry »

RitaBoutros wrote: May 19th, 2020, 11:01 am Question: You mention you should not have accepted a 2 part story....

This is quoted from the first page: .. Please limit yourself to three submissions (or you can break up one story into 2 or 3 sections).

I broke up one story into two sections. What am I not getting?
I have just gotten a heads up from Lynne (the BC of many previous Coffee Break Collections) that splitting stories doesn't work here. The whole point of Coffee Break is to present stories short enough to fit into a 15 minute break. You were the first victim of my ignorance. I apologize. I have removed that instruction from the First Post.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Lynne, can you make this project show up in the Coffee Break Collections as in progress?
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks, Rita, for submitting The Thousand Quilt to Love Stories 3. I am getting the meta data transferred over now. :D
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

msfry wrote: May 21st, 2020, 7:49 am Lynne, can you make this project show up in the Coffee Break Collections as in progress?
I have tried adding it to the group, but am getting the eternally spinning wheel... if it doesn't sort itself out, I will try again later.
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

msfry

Post by msfry »

Lynnet wrote: May 21st, 2020, 8:29 am
msfry wrote: May 21st, 2020, 7:49 am Lynne, can you make this project show up in the Coffee Break Collections as in progress?
I have tried adding it to the group, but am getting the eternally spinning wheel... if it doesn't sort itself out, I will try again later.
Aha, it's there, but now sandwiched in between 14 and 15??????????????????? Makes one believe in gremlins.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks, Rita. Is there an author?
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

The chapter is "Old English Embroidery" from the book Chats on Old Lace and Needlework, by Emily Leigh Lowes
msfry

Post by msfry »

Old English Embroidery is PL OK. I've always associated embroidery with the scene from Gone With The Wind, where the women were gathered around the table waiting for their men to come home from a raid. I understand how a wife or mother, or entire community, could be embroidering for weeks on end waiting for word whether their husbands or sons made it through a battle, or a war. My brother embroidered numerous religious paintings for his church while going through horrendous years of pain waiting for his shattered ankle to heal. Alas, it didn't heal and eventually had to be amputated.

So I guess you haven't found another story on quilting?
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

There is a lovely and very old article from Good Housekeeping on quilts that Colleen was kind enough to give me. I've read it and really like it. Since we may submit more than once, I would like to use that article so that we'll have something about quilts in this collection.

It is interesting and wonderful that many modern men have discovered quilting. As one Gee's Bend quilter said [to paraphrase]: You just forget everything except for the quilt when you're working on it.