(Essays) G.K. Chesterton's Newspaper Columns: The New Witness - 1921 - m8b1

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12094
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » May 29th, 2020, 12:52 pm

Thank you! Everything is great, except it is missing the outro at the very end: "End of Section 35".

mmfarris91
Posts: 17
Joined: April 16th, 2020, 6:57 pm

Post by mmfarris91 » May 31st, 2020, 7:53 pm

This is my first attempt at a longer piece, so I would gladly take a run at sections 2 and 3

Thank you.

Matt

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12094
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » June 1st, 2020, 9:02 am

Hi Matt,

All yours ~ have fun!

Thanks!

SofiaMoonlight
Posts: 10
Joined: March 15th, 2020, 1:30 pm

Post by SofiaMoonlight » June 1st, 2020, 4:12 pm

Hello! I would like to do Section 4: The Statue and the Irishman.
I have already completed the One-Minute Test, and this would be my first project. I would like to go by Sofia Moonlight :)

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12094
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » June 1st, 2020, 4:57 pm

SofiaMoonlight wrote:
June 1st, 2020, 4:12 pm
Hello! I would like to do Section 4: The Statue and the Irishman.
I have already completed the One-Minute Test, and this would be my first project. I would like to go by Sofia Moonlight :)
Hi Sofia,

Welcome to Librivox! Section 4 is all yours.

Here is a link to your catalog page: https://librivox.org/reader/14423

Thanks, and have fun!

adrianstephens
Posts: 1390
Joined: August 27th, 2019, 5:06 am
Location: Cambridge UK
Contact:

Post by adrianstephens » June 5th, 2020, 2:12 am

I'd like to take sections 11 and 13. However, I cannot access the text. When I click on the links, I get:
"This item is not available online ( Limited - search only) due to copyright restrictions"
Is this because I'm in the UK?
My Librivox-related YouTube series starts here: Part 0: Introduction. https://youtu.be/pMHYycgA5VU
...
Part 15: Case Study (Poem) https://youtu.be/41sr_VC1Qxo
Part 16: Case Study 2 (Dramatic Reading) https://youtu.be/GBIAd469vnM

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12094
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » June 5th, 2020, 9:16 am

adrianstephens wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 2:12 am
I'd like to take sections 11 and 13. However, I cannot access the text. When I click on the links, I get:
"This item is not available online ( Limited - search only) due to copyright restrictions"
Is this because I'm in the UK?
Hi Adrian,

Yes, Hathi seems to block periodicals outside the US. However, this is definitely PD for you, and I can get you the scans another way. Please check your PMs. :-)

adrianstephens
Posts: 1390
Joined: August 27th, 2019, 5:06 am
Location: Cambridge UK
Contact:

Post by adrianstephens » June 6th, 2020, 2:31 am

m8b1 wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 9:16 am
adrianstephens wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 2:12 am
I'd like to take sections 11 and 13. However, I cannot access the text. When I click on the links, I get:
"This item is not available online ( Limited - search only) due to copyright restrictions"
Is this because I'm in the UK?
Hi Adrian,

Yes, Hathi seems to block periodicals outside the US. However, this is definitely PD for you, and I can get you the scans another way. Please check your PMs. :-)
Thank you, Maria.

Here's section 11:
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/newwitness1921_11_chesterton_128kb.mp3 @ 13.37

There was a major heading on the second page "... And far away". I took it that this was
not part of the same article and didn't read it. Was that right?

Thanks,
Adrian
My Librivox-related YouTube series starts here: Part 0: Introduction. https://youtu.be/pMHYycgA5VU
...
Part 15: Case Study (Poem) https://youtu.be/41sr_VC1Qxo
Part 16: Case Study 2 (Dramatic Reading) https://youtu.be/GBIAd469vnM

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12094
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » June 6th, 2020, 1:29 pm

Thank you, Adrian ~ it is PL OK!

You did it correctly ~ that is a different article.

silverquill
Posts: 14801
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » June 7th, 2020, 10:28 pm

A little late getting started on these. I'll spare you the details. :roll:

The text for this one is challenge, but I think I got it all except for one line that is cut off at the bottom of the page. Leaving it out doesn't seem to alter the flow of the article though.

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/newwitness1921_41_chesterton_128kb.mp3 11:18
~ Larry

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12094
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » June 8th, 2020, 7:27 am

Thank you, Larry ~ it is PL OK!

adrianstephens
Posts: 1390
Joined: August 27th, 2019, 5:06 am
Location: Cambridge UK
Contact:

Post by adrianstephens » June 9th, 2020, 3:02 am

adrianstephens wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 2:12 am
I'd like to take sections 11 and 13. However, I cannot access the text. When I click on the links, I get:
"This item is not available online ( Limited - search only) due to copyright restrictions"
Is this because I'm in the UK?
Here is section 13 @ 14:01
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/newwitness1921_13_chesterton_128kb.mp3
My Librivox-related YouTube series starts here: Part 0: Introduction. https://youtu.be/pMHYycgA5VU
...
Part 15: Case Study (Poem) https://youtu.be/41sr_VC1Qxo
Part 16: Case Study 2 (Dramatic Reading) https://youtu.be/GBIAd469vnM

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12094
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » June 9th, 2020, 6:31 am

Thank you, Adrian ~ it is PL OK! :-)

plaidscott
Posts: 9
Joined: April 30th, 2020, 9:18 pm

Post by plaidscott » June 15th, 2020, 9:43 am


m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12094
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » June 15th, 2020, 11:32 am

Thank you ~ 35 is now PL OK!

Post Reply