COMPLETE [BIO/RELIGION] The Life of Philip Melanchthon by Karl Friedrich Ledderhose - kiki

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

The Life of Philip Melanchthon by Karl Friedrich Ledderhose (1806 - 1890). Translated by Gottlob Frederick Krotel (1826 - 1907)

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-life-of-philip-melanchthon-by-karl-friedrich-ledderhose/

Philip Melanchthon (1497 – 1560) is best known as the theologian of the Protestant Reformation, systematizing and defending much of Martin Luther’s works and creating an educational system based on them. He was instrumental in the writing of the Augsburg Confession, the most influential document of the Reformation. Melanchthon and Luther, of different temperaments, did not always agree but respected each other and became a formidable spearhead for the Reformation.
Karl Ledderhose here provides a comprehensive biography of Melanchthon including his principle ideas and activities, so it also serves as a history of many important aspects of the Reformation.
( Larry Wilson)
    1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/39734
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Biography & Autobiography

Keywords that describe the book: Martin Luther, theology, protestantism, Reformation, augsburg, wittenberg, marburg, smalkald, osiander, elector maurice, lutheranism

============================================
    6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: viewtopic.php?p=6430#p6430

Set your recording software to:
      Channels: 1 (Mono)
      Bit Rate: 128 kbps
      Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
    7. DURING recording:
      No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
      Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
      START of recording (Intro)
      • "Chapter [number] Part [number] of The Life of Philip Melanchthon. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
      • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • Say:
        "The Life of Philip Melanchthon, by Karl Friedrich Ledderhose. Translated by Gottlob Frederick Krotel (1826 - 1907) [Chapter Title (part number if needed) ]"

END of recording
      • At the end of the section, say:
        "End of Chapter [Number] Part [Number]"
      • If you wish, say:
        "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
        "End of The Life of Philip Melanchthon, by Karl Friedrich Ledderhose. Translated by Gottlob Frederick Krotel (1826 - 1907)"

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
    8. AFTER recording
      Need noise-cleaning?
      Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The latest version of Audacity is recommended for noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
      Save files as
      128 kbps MP3
      melanchthon_##_ledderhose_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. melanchthon_01_ledderhose_128kb.mp3)

Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.
      Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
      • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
        (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: kikisaulite
      • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
      • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
      Please post below
~ Larry
NOTE: Traveling without internet until March 17
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

This is anticipated as a lengthy project, but it is an important biography a piece of history.
I've divided the longer chapters into manageable sections.
~ Larry
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

Hi, Larry!
I will put this one up for you.
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Thank you so much, Kristine!

The Magic Window is populated and we are ready for readers

DPL would be very welcome and appreciated.
:D
~ Larry
BillTurns

Post by BillTurns »

I have the time and interest to provide this project with DPL services.
If you will have me, I can keep up with this while it's underway.

Too-Tall Bill
Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn.
~Benjamin Franklin
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

BillTurns wrote: March 2nd, 2020, 1:14 pm I have the time and interest to provide this project with DPL services.
If you will have me, I can keep up with this while it's underway.

Too-Tall Bill
I would be glat to have you, Bill.
Kristine will set you up as DPL with MW access.
I'll send you a Private Message with som suggestiong.
~ Larry
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

Added Bill as DPL and moving us to Readers Wanted forum!
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.
ruthema

Post by ruthema »

Hello!

I would love to be part of this project, and would be happy to do section 1. I am new to recording, and would like to be listed by my name, Madison Rutherford.
madison rutherford
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

ruthema wrote: March 16th, 2020, 4:38 pm Hello!

I would love to be part of this project, and would be happy to do section 1. I am new to recording, and would like to be listed by my name, Madison Rutherford.
Well, I do appreciate your enthusiasm, and you would certainly be welcome to read for this project.
We do request that you complete a one-minute test recording to check out your specs and such.
Please take some time to read through the Newbie Guide to recording (Link under bullet point 2 of the initial post in each project) where you will find info on completing that test recording.

This is a fairly long section to start with, and we generally recommend start with a few shorter pieces to get the feel for how it goes, but if you feel confident, you can give it a go.

So, post back here when you have the official "OK" on that test recording, and I'll be glad to add you here.
~ Larry
RuthP

Post by RuthP »

Section 1 please!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

RuthP wrote: March 17th, 2020, 9:32 am Section 1 please!
Well, we have a new reader interested in Section 1, but I'll go ahead and give this to you.
If she gets her test done, then she can select a different one, I'm sure.

Thanks for joining this project!
~ Larry
RuthP

Post by RuthP »

Oh sorry - didn't mean to jump onto someone elses section - I am happy to do section 2 instead.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

RuthP wrote: March 17th, 2020, 10:22 am Oh sorry - didn't mean to jump onto someone elses section - I am happy to do section 2 instead.
I'll keep you in for Section 1.
~ Larry
RuthP

Post by RuthP »

silverquill wrote: March 17th, 2020, 8:39 pm
RuthP wrote: March 17th, 2020, 10:22 am Oh sorry - didn't mean to jump onto someone elses section - I am happy to do section 2 instead.
I'll keep you in for Section 1.
Thank you!
ruthema

Post by ruthema »

Hi! I got my 1 minute test approved - sorry for hopping in so early.
I'd be happy to take section 2 :)
madison rutherford